AstaSophi's Training Journal

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: AstaSophi's Training Journal

Really - I don't mind discussion on my journal... LOL...  It's just that it's a good topic and may make a good individualized post!

Now back to what it's really about - training...

It was one of those days yesterday where everyone seemed "out of it".  I was just tired by the end of the day - and I didn't jump on my exercise bike.  I ate okay but really just wanted to have a quiet night.  I ended up simply going to bed early - and feel much better for it.

This spring here in Detroit has been very delayed.  It yet has a winter feeling in the air - and yet I look at the calendar and realize how much I normally have done by this time in the yard, around the house, even at work...  It feels, well, "off".  It's something I will need to be more mindful.  Being locked into expectations to progress is something I beginning to recognize as a weakness of mine.  I do like a rather orderly surrounding - and tend to depend on it too much.

It can cause me to let not just myself down - but through me - others down.  I may not be as prepared....

I will meditate on this a bit, mull it over, maybe do a bit of research...  The usual.  "Training" in other words - and will report what I learn about it here if anyone is interested. 

For this is the real heart and core of the Jedi - training...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Back to what it's all about...  Training ;D

Sometime last week I got Strep.  It's something I can get a few times - and then go a couple of years and not have it.

Last time I had it I also had Mono.  I get didn't either the fun way... ;) - and having Mono is a lot different at 48 (it's my Bday today - and I don't mind ageing - I'm just not big on my own birthday)  as is Strep.  But I've been doing some Reiki type meditation and also some what I guess is popularly called "positive thinking" to recover from a lot of illnesses really quickly.

Having Mono actually gave me some time to understand illness (I'm basically incredibly healthy and have aspirin and that's it in my medicine cabinet) and part of illness, for me, was the fear of it.

I had to overcome the emotion/fear of being sick...  Missing work...  Working ill....  Not being at the top of the game because of illness.  Also - being concerned about possibly spreading it - my hands are chapped from cleaning counters and my hands non-stop with germicide. 

Basically I do an energy meditation and sort of scan my old bod.  Maybe it's my imagination - but I seem to find places where there are problems I would not have suspected and I do a bit of an energy stream cleansing (like Reiki).

Well - I've hit the dreaded "bouncing page" and so that is that...  It works for me - or it seems to - and my illnesses last less time and are not as dire each year I train.  Having this skill keeps me healthy to also help others and not be a burden.  Perhaps one day, or even this small bit of writing, may help another who also has a problem with a chronic illness.

Training  -  I've recently read at some other sites - is now being cited as "selfish".  (What's next?... sigh....).

How about READ the training journals without a jaundiced eye, read what we learn and the reason we train as Jedi.  it may be something you'd like to try!

• Thank you received: 1762

Jax replied the topic: Re: AstaSophi's Training Journal

selfish?! oh lord... *just stay focused just stay focused just stay focused* better. :-)

Sorry you got sick, though it appears you learned a lot from it.  I had mono in college (not from any kissing lol) and found that going on spring break to california had me good and cured within a week.  While I didn't know about energy then I can look back now and see that's basically what did it.  I was in a situation where I was around people I cared deeply for, was in the sun and having fun for that whole time.  Keeping my spirits up allowed me to heal quickly.  The drawback was causing my tonsils to swell with exposure to any germs so they were removed about 2 years later in the military. I'm glad they took them, I can weather many more germs that way. 

By bouncing page do you mean you get the 'page doesn't exist' or something similar? I think there are some server issues which I will look into.  The other day they had to reboot the server and replace a disk. They may still have some problems. 

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

"Selfish" is maybe not the word so much as "self-centered". 

I've always wondered about that word...  Seems like a good thing - to be self-centered - and not something else.  heh...  :r2top

I've been sucked into the Royal Wedding - AGAIN.  Back in 1981 I had just graduated from High School and my little sister went Lady Diana CRAZY.  I decided to have a Royal Wedding Breakfast - and we all got up at 4AM and went into the basement (the only place we were allowed to have a TV) and we had champagne, fruit, pound cake, and brie cheese.  (I thought it was elegant... lol).

I remember my Dad hunched over on an ottoman trying to cope with the breakfast tray and looking like he did at all our ballet recitals - in other words being a painfully good sport.  My brother had just returned from a year in Sendai Japan and he and I were heading off to college together.  My sister parked herself under the TV and ...  less than 10 years later ...  she had a wedding dress just about exactly like Diana's and a huge wedding of 400 guests and 7 bridesmaids.

Diana is an interesting icon and woman of my generation.  I think there are few women around my age who didn't feel something about her.  I've been told I look a bit like her in how I hold my head, my long thin nose, and that I'm a bit blushy and shy (even as a decrepid spinster).  I mostly felt for her shyness and her inner goofiness.  Now - with her son getting married - and whenver I see her two tall and handsome sons all grown up - I am sad that she has missed seeing them become who they are...

I will probably go into the flight attendant lounge in the early morning here at work and watch the wedding on their big TV's.  (They have a really beautiful lounge - the store is built exactly within it so...  We feel like it's ours' too...  heh).  And it will be fun watching in a room full of flight attendants . 

I can't imagine watching it alone :-*

• Thank you received: 68

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: AstaSophi's Training Journal

My wife is cooking up a Full English breakfast! We will be up and watching the wedding here in our home as well.  She took tomorrow off and I do not have to be into work until 2pm. :)  We are Anglophiles and do enjoy English culture. :) So where ever you are, know that you are in fact not really watching it alone. :) (yah, I know it's not the same thing as having someone there, but still. :) )

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The Royal Wedding was absolutely terrific - wasn't it?  I ended up watching it with a couple of pilots - heh - and they thought the dress was "hawt" - and interestingly really liked the trees in the abbey.  I loved the greenery rather than a lot of froux-froux flowers and bows as well.  Such a lovely, lovely day for London.

Your wife made English Breakfast?  LOLOL...  I thought I was bad.  I did think of you and your family, Beryl!  It is one of those very special and personal locations the world shares.  I love those kinds of events (Olympics, celebrating the world's heroes, when something really wonderful happens for a nation.)

This week has been one of training in the fine art of not getting ticked off.  What a trial it has been.  I swear "something" is setting me up because I've had very odd experiences with people who are normally - well - normal - be incredibly rude.  Just angry and uptight...  Not at me - but simply stewing in it all...  Makes me wonder if there is something in the air/atmosphere/Force...  ???

I've decided not to attend the large meeting next week.  I get a bad vibe about it.  Just a bad one.  I really don't know what it's suppose to be about - and things are really backed up here. soo..... 

Lots of reason to meditate. 

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Intervene.

Use the Force ;)

Transform the energy into positive. Channel peace and goodness from yourself to dispel and break the flow of negative. Everything starts in energy plane and only later on manifests in physical

Know of purification mantra, words or sigil. Radiate its energy to people and the energy of situation.

Remember the situation is a structure, almost an entity of energy on it's own. It is created by people and works as superconscious unifier of individuals or even starts to live it's own life.

Get a cross and garlic if nothing else works j/k so you'd not need to use the wooden stick later on ;D

this post was written when high on

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I liked the images - but you can't dance to the tune.  heh...

As far as using some of the "intervention".  I have to be honest with you Neo - I don't understand what you mean.  I do understand "shielding" and that's as far as I've been able to esoterically.  I've noticed it works - either because it actually does - or because it makes me feel better.  (I have more a gut feeling it's the former).

I'm pretty much a Jedi/Stoic.  The more what I would consider "out there" esoterics is not something I understand - a lot of times I think it's because I need the scientific or more practical explanation about it. 

But thanks...

Because of Summer Classes here I decided to join the legions who are at Wordpress.  This way I can also comment - I tried to comment and unless you are a member you cannot.  (One reason I like blogger - but there it is...)

jediastasophi.wordpress.com

***It would be nice if we had a list here of current members who have wordpress blogs/training journals/class areas to peruse...????

• Thank you received: 1762

Jax replied the topic: Re: AstaSophi's Training Journal

Asta, there is a list. It's huge and in the guidance counselor office.  There is also a list somewhere for people who have blogs elsewhere, but I haven't looked at it in ages. 

However, whether or not someone can post depends I think on their security settings.  I know comments are enabled on my blog.  I know I had a hard time getting comments to post on your blog, and I don't know if you haven't replied to any or if it just doesn't provide the commentor any notice, but it's something that bugs me about blogger.  I originally left blogger for wordpress because of the security options.

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I'm pretty much a Jedi/Stoic.  The more what I would consider "out there" esoterics is not something I understand - a lot of times I think it's because I need the scientific or more practical explanation about it.  

Try this. For scientists everything is essentially an energy. Energy has different properties, qualities. Everything from micro to macro level vibrates. Even a positive word therefore has an effect.

You only have to get a knack on guiding energy as it is. It follows your mind if you focus on it. Visualize white energy in your abdomen, attributing a quality of healing to it. This act alone concentrates energy and by giving it purpose makes it "act" for your given purpose.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds