Yoshio's Training Diary

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1433

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

2011-04-21
Tuesday (2011-04-19), the Kieser-Training was okay. But the weather condition is a bit "unnatural" for April. So I had to sweat a lot. But that is, in the moment, a general thing. Because of that I have to be aware of that I do drink enough. These days I consume about 2 litre of tea during the day, about half a litre of fruit juice and cacao in the morning, half a litre of water at lunch and another half a litre of water or tea in the evening.
Wednesday (2011-04-20), sword training was very interesting. As we focus on the techniques of the Kukishinden Ryu, this involves also doing the techniques left handed. It is a funny and wired experience! The positive thing is that the feet work and general movements come quite natural out of the body remembrance. The wired thing is, that, using your left hand if you are right handed, feels like being a complete idiot – in a funny way, as I couldn't really belief it, that I'm that ham-fisted! So we worked a bit on that and with repetition I got quickly better. Later then, as it became dark outside, our teacher switched off the lights and we did Nagare no Kata. After a while he said, that we should now sit down in Seiza and calm down. With the sword in the Obi (belt) we were sitting and he expanded the exercise by, that if somebody would feel the impulse of drawing his sword, he should do so. It became silent and no one was moving. After a while I heard my teacher approaching me from the rear and I had a feeling, although very unclear, that I had to draw my sword. The point was, he later explained to me, that he came to me with the intention to perform the Sakki test on me and so he thought, as he was walking to me, "I will hit him!", but he wasn't really yet prepared. But I got his intention and acted accordingly. After that he did the Sakki test with me in the proper way by standing behind me with a soft Shinai. Also the second time I could manage to grasp his intention, although I didn't manage to get safe quick enough. My forward roll was a bit to slow and so I got hit at my hip. But at the end of the training he said to me that I had performed well. This maid me happy!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-04-28
From Friday (2011-04-22) to Monday (2011-04-25) I had been to a Bujinkan seminar. It was situated at the countryside in a holiday village. We had been approximately 36 people and lived in houses of six. Because of that there was a "main" house in which we prepared and took our meals and sat together in the evening for a chat and a couple of beers.
Topic of the seminar was the Kukishinden Ryu Rokushaku Bo techniques. The Rokushaku Bo is the long stick. We started with some exercises which got us used to the Bo. After that we did some simpler sequences before we started to work on the Kata of the Kukishinden Ryu Bo Jutsu. In general the training was set up like this:
- every technique/sequence which was shown was first trained on ones own
- then we did the techniques together with a partner in which the partner was little more than a dummy
- to finally do the sequences with a partner whom would act more natural and so brought the forms to life
All in all it was a very good experience and I enjoyed the days and the people whom all had been very great. The feeling at this seminar was the one you would have at a family meeting. I think this was the reason why I did felt very refreshed after the seminar, although the training was intense.

Tuesday (2011-04-26), Kieser-Training was a bit hard as I had been to the seminar the days before. But all in all I was happy with what I was able to do.

Wednesday (2011-04-27), back in the Dojo and to the "normal" training. In the first part of the training we worked on the Kata Musan of Shinden Fudo Ryu. This Kata is the second last of the first level of Shinden Fudo Ryu belonging to the unarmed fighting techniques. Once more my teacher pointed out that every Kata built up in one way or the other on the Kata before.
The second part of the training was dealing with Kukishinden Ryu Kenjutsu. We started with Suburi and I felt my arms already becoming heavy because of all the training I did in the last couple of days. After the Suburi exercise we started to work on the Kata Tsuki Komi which means something like "entering". This Kata deals with an attack of your partner whom performs a vertical downward cut. You wait till he has started his attack and then immediately lower yourself on one knee and perform a trust with your own sword to his throat.

As I had been offline for a couple of days I lost in a way the connection to some of the new topics here at the forum. I feel a bit sorry about that, as there are currently a couple of interesting topic discussed. I hope to find my time to read trough all of them and be able to add my two cent to them; although they might be a bit outdated by the time I post them.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1843

Jax replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

Nothing is outdated in a week or even month. lol  No worries Yoshio. I'm also behind and only addressing the most crucial or easiest to respond to.  :-)

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Ah, yes that is right, but as You might remember from my Personal 101 work, I'm the kind of person whom like to always be on track and actually informed about, lets say, everything.
That is one thing I have to learn! To relaxe, sit back and give the things the time they need.
By the way, I just found a good option for me to better deal with all the post in the forum. I do have the option via the print function to save them as a pdf-document and read them offline.
And anyway, one more week to go and I'm off for two weeks, hiking in Scotland!  ;D
But that would mean, that I will really fall behind the things going on here!  :P

NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1843

Jax replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

It'll be ok.  :-)  You'll have amazing things to share with us upon your return I hope!  And pictures? Some day I will get to the UK and explore as much as possible.  I keep hoping to be sent there for work for a short time.  So have a ton of fun!

• Thank you received: 75

zen-ryo senshi replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

Where, in Scotland will you be hiking?

If I speak from a good motivation out of sincerity, respect, and love for others, my actions are good, virtuous. If I act from a motivation of pride, hatred, criticism, and so forth, then my verbal and physical actions become nonvirtuous.

- 14th Dalai Lama

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

A friend of mine and myself we will walk the West Highland Way. So all the way up from Glasgow/Milngavie to Fort William.
After that we might climb up to Ben Nevis and the last couple of days we will spent with some friends of mine in Kilmarnock.

And, Master Jax, pictures I will take! But I do have to order some more SD-cards, as I do have only one with 32 GB and I have no glue how long thisone will last.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-05-05
Haven't been to training on Monday (2011-05-02). First because the train was late and I would have been late for training at the Dojo for about 45 min and second I felt very tired and so decided to drive home instead of going to the Dojo.
Tuesday (2011-05-03) we had been to the cinema. We watched the movie "Thor" in 3D. The movie itself was quite funny and well made but once again it showed me that the hype about the 3D effects is not worth the money. Until the technique around 3D movies getting better, I will prefer to watch movies in 2D.
On Wednesday (2011-05-0 I had been to the Dojo. Again the train was late but in an acceptable timeframe. So I had been late for training a bit, but that isn't too bad as we do have all in all 3 hours of training. As we are looking forward to hold a seminar at our Dojo on the weekend, my teacher wasn't giving training, because he had to pick up the teacher of the seminar at the airport. For this reason two of my companions where teaching. For me this is always an opportunity to see the standard and quality of someone else's teaching. Once again I was amazed by their knowledge and understanding of the techniques and Kata. The training itself was a bit more relaxed as it might had been when our teacher would have done it but that is okay as we are looking forward to some very intense training anyway!

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Just a short note!
I'll be on holiday form today (May the 9th) on till May the 23rd.
During this time I'll be hardly able to check in here, as I'm doing a hiking trip in Scotland. Tomorrow we will start in Milngavie and take the West Highland Way all the way up to Fort William where we should approach on the 17th of May. Then we will spent a couple of days in Fort William and maybe climb up to Ben Nevis. The "weekend" from the 19th to 22nd of May we will spent at the home of a friend of mine.
23rd of May I'll be back home.
I post this in here, as it seems that I have no permission to post it in the Announcement area.
Anyway, till then, take care and stay well!

NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 7

Loremaster replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

Ooh!  How magnificent!  Send pics please when you can and come back safely. 

May the Force be with you, and may you rest in the love and care of the Divine.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds