• Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Yoshio's Training Diary

2017-02-24

Jedi:[/i]
- Teaching:
o Warrior 101 – Kerena finished her work on the Warrior 101 course this week and she did a very good job on her assignments.
NickD is also enrolled in this course and his first assignment
o Introduction Course – This course is quite silent these days although actually quite some people have started and should be working on their first steps on the Path of being a Jedi Realist. By the end of this month I will post a reminder to everyone’s thread which are not all that outdated. By the end of the first quarter I then will do a general reminder to all who haven’t finished their work via PM.

- Training:
o Aiding Emergency Services – I finished the remaining assignments and posted them as well as the required essays. With that the assignment work is done and I could already get some feedback from Setanaoko.

- Faculty:
o Already last weekend or the second last weekend we had a nice faculty chat of which the main point had been the workforce on the single instructors. For me it had been the first time after quite some time that I had the chance to chat with my fellow instructors and it had been a good time for me to “listen” to their voices again.

Martial Art and Energy Work:[/i]
- Martial Art:
o The two students I have now come regularly to the training and since January we managed to work through the Sanshin no Kata as well as the Kihon Happo. The next step for them will now be to not only know the techniques but to familiarise with them and make the techniques become more “automatic”.
For me getting them this far is good as we do have a sort of open day at the end of March where we are asked to do a sort of presentation or better said Embu. For them it will be their first official Bujinkan Embu!

Besides that I made a slight change to my own personal training. I do now get up already at 0530 o’clock which is 15 min. earlier than what I had been used to get up. I use this additional 15 min. for my own solo Bujinkan training. This week I had used this time for to focus mainly on Kamae and Sanshin no Kata. Next week I will then go for the Koshi Kihon Sanpo no Kata which is a part of the Kihon Happo.

- Energy Work:
Morning:
o Warm-up stretching
o Joint Qi-Gong
o “Stretching in all direction” Qi-Gong
o “Standing like a Tree” Qi-Gong
o Bujinkan Solo Training
o All together 60 min.

- Meditation:
o Morning – “Sphere of Awareness” and Jedi Code – 20 min.

Fitness:[/i]
- Goals:
o Reduce weight
o Increase overall fitness

- Weight check:
o Although I haven’t done a real weight check for just myself, every month on our little one’s birthday we check her weight via me holding her. This makes it possible for me to somewhat see that there is nothing to see on my side weight decreasing wise.

- Bodyweight Training:
o As my right shoulder is somewhat still not working proper, I’m not really able to do my usual bodyweight training. But at least I got myself up and got some appointments for seeing a physiotherapist.
Hopefully seeing the physiotherapist will finally help to get rid of whatever is causing the pain in my right shoulder and upper arm. Unfortunately the acupuncture of my traditional healer could give me only a short time relief and it had been actually her who recommended me to see either a chiropractor or a physiotherapist if her treatment is not having a lasting effect. That had been why I saw a chiropractor at the end of last year for three appointments but unfortunately his treatment didn’t do anything for me.

- Endurance Training:
o Every working day morning – 25 min. bicycle ride to the company
o Every working day evening – 25 min. bicycle ride back home

Personal:[/i]
- Feng Shui:
Finally I managed to plain write the notes which I took during the “9er Fate Up-Date Course” but the bigger part, plain writing all my notes of the Imperial Feng Shui Course, is still a work in progress. None the less it felt good to get at least this part done now.

- Professional:
At work we have a sort of strange atmosphere lately. In a way we have a lot of work but then there are days where, at least I, have hardly anything to do. In addition we do have two colleagues with whom it gets more and more difficult to work together. Hopefully our head of department will soon find a solution which is in the best interest for all of us.
More personally it looks like as if I’m doing not all too bad as I got some positive feedback on the work I do and even got my focal point role for which I had been nominated already last year to a bit more official and important point. If this works out the way they think of, I will be place in charge of a major component and should help to find solutions to manufacturing mistakes in what they call a “speed line process”. This focal point position should also help to reinforce my wish to go for the DTR and even the newly created position of a “Structural Engineer”. This structural engineer is a “new” idea of our company in which a design engineer, which I am, should also get some training and knowledge so that he is able to also answer “simple” stress tasks and vice versa.
Becoming DTR and going for this “Structural Engineer” are, so far, the only ways forward in which I can see to develop myself.

- Private:
Our little one is now already 6 month old and once again it is in a way unbelievable how fast this time went by and how much had happened since she came to this world. It had been just yesterday that my wife took her to what is called U6 which means the doctor checked her weight and height and if there are any singes of a disease or something else which is different from a normal development. Luckily our little one is doing fine and besides a dry skin there had been nothing of what we would need to worry about.

Besides that I became uncle again as my sister-in-law gave birth to their second son. Both of them are doing fine and we had the chance to see my small nephew last weekend which was great although he was still sleeping most of the time. :)

A bit on the downside I’m now already start to suffer from my yearly pollen allergy and especially yesterday it had hit me hard.
But on the other hand, thanks to our little one, I’m doing much better to get to bed regularly on time as bed time for our small girl is 2100 o’clock and soon after that my wife and I do hit the bed as well. So, except for the weekends, these days I hardly went to bed later than 2300 o’clock which would still give me 6,5 hours of sleep. More regularly it is now something around 7 hours which is much better than in the past where I slept for maybe around only 5 to 6 hours.

- What I’m grateful for:
o I’m grateful for our little lady as she is helping me to be more constant on going to bed on time.
o I’m grateful for my wife and all she is doing for our family.
o I’m grateful for my way to work through the woods and all the birds which are now singing again and in this way are already welcoming spring.
o I’m grateful that the days became longer again which makes it possible for me to go to work at daylight and back home.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Yoshio's Training Diary

I admire your dedication to getting up to get things done. I do not do this well. Sleep is too valuable to me at this point.

It's amazing she's already 6 months old! Time to start food? That makes things fun.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Although it isn't easy for me to get up early it is somehow easy as it is the best time during the day when I really can have some "me time". That is my main drive for getting up early. A bit selfish isn't it. ;)

As for the food, aye, we already do it for actually already a couple of weeks now and she is doing fine with it. The interesting point for me on that is that it really shows me the cultural differences between my own upbringing and how Japanese raise their little ones. But I really love and admire what my wife is doing for our little girl. She is cooking all that food all herself and, although it is different from what we in Europe might be used to feed to babies, to me it feels to be a very healthy and good diet for a baby.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Yoshio's Training Diary

It's definitely better than something that has preservatives. :-) Plus, they develop a better pallet and tend to eat better as they grow up. And they are healthier. Yay mom!

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2017-03-06

- Martial Art:
o As I had been sick last week, there had been no training at the Dojo. Furthermore I didn’t do a morning training, with the exception for Monday, either as I chose to sleep longer.
But this week I’m back to work and therefore also back to my normal routine.

- Energy Work:
Morning:
o Warm-up stretching
o Joint Qi-Gong
o Bujinkan Solo Training
o All together 60 min.

- Meditation:

- Goals:
o Reduce weight

- Endurance Training:
o Morning – 25 min. bicycle ride to the company
o Evening – 25 min. bicycle ride back home

- Professional:
As written above I had been on a sick leave from Tuesday last week. I caught a cold and in combination with my yearly spring pollen allergy this wasn’t the best combination one could think of.
But today I’m doing better, at least enough so that I’m back to work. Now it needs me to catch up with things what had happened last week and see if I missed something of importance.

- Private:
Adding to the above, not only me but my whole family had been and somewhat is still sick. Our little one has a cold too and especially during the night it makes it hard for her to catch enough breath which leads to that she is snoring a lot.
My wife is now coughing for already two weeks and, although she says she is doing better than in the beginning, it is not getting much better to my feeling. I’m a bit worried that this is somewhat linked to that she is worrying a lot about the diet of our little one and body care of her as these two things seem to be very different between Japan and Germany. She, obviously, knows the Japanese way and finds information about how to raise a baby/child the easiest in Japanese but, again obviously, as we are living in Germany she is confronted with all the information and point of view of people her.
I do my best to ease her worries but as things are new for me too, it is not always easy for me to know what to say or do.
However we are working on this together and our little one is growing well.

- What I’m grateful for:
o I’m grateful for doing better again.
o I’m grateful for that my family is doing fine in Germany.
o I’m grateful for having received the first two of six Physiotherapies sessions.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2017-03-09

- Martial Art:
o During this week I focus in my morning training on the “Koshi Kihon Sanpo no Kata” of the “Kihon Happo”. This means I do the “Ichimonji no Kamae no Kata”, the “Hichou no Kamae no Kata” and the “Juumonji no Kamae no Kata” together with my usual Kamae training.
o On Tuesday night we had been only two at the Dojo and as I had still felt a bit strained due to still recovering from my cold, it was more a sort of guided solo training for my student. But she did very well and it had been good to see that she already made some progress in what had been taught so far.

- Energy Work:
Morning:
o Warm-up stretching
o Joint Qi-Gong
o Bujinkan Solo Training
o All together 60 min.

- Meditation:

- Endurance Training:

- Private:
Still recovering not only from the cold I caught last week but also from the injury of my right shoulder which I’m suffering from since last year. In this, the shoulder issue, there had been a major breakthrough, I feel, yesterday. Since last week I’m seeing a physiotherapist and the lady who took care of me yesterday introduced me to something I have heard of for the first time. The “thing” she had been speaking of to me is called “Fascia” and the easy way to think of is of imagine a sort of membrane or cloak covering our muscles and tendons. She gave me an according treatment and, although my right shoulder side is still a bit achy, I had been able to “shake” my hands behind my back for the first time since when I injured my shoulder last year in July.
Besides this already very interesting point there was another “happening” linked to this which showed me in which ways the Force can work. The word “Fascia” or as it is called in German “Faszien” is a word which I, obviously, do not run across in my normal everyday life. But I felt that this is something of importance and I wanted to give it a read after the treatment. But as so often many other things needed my attention and I forgot about this word completely. The only thing which I could remember had been that it sounded somewhat similar to “fasten” which would be translated to English as “fasting”. But I could rebuild the word. But at night I had a very vivid dream and, although I cannot remember all of it anymore, what stuck in my mind had been that someone gave me the word and that I have to remember it.
Because of this dream and that the word is now very present in my mind, I do have the strong feeling that the Force has guided me to this and that I would be better off to really give it a read.

- What I’m grateful for:
o I’m grateful for the physiotherapist and that she not only made it possible for me go back into my normal stretching routine but that she also introduced me to this new concept of Fascia.
o I’m grateful for my students and the progress they make at the Dojo.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2017-03-13

- Martial Art:
o This week my personal solo training is focusing on the “Torite Kihon Goho no Kata” of the “Kihon Happo”. This part of the “Kihon Happo” is focusing on the basic five hand and arm locks.

- Energy Work:
Morning:
o Warm-up stretching
o Joint Qi-Gong
o Bujinkan Solo Training
o All together 60 min.

- Meditation:

- Goals:
o Reduce weight

- Weight check:
o As our little one got seven month this weekend, we checked her weight through me and therefore I got to know my weight.
o Current weight: 100 kg (no change)

- Endurance Training:

- Professional:
Last week’s Friday I had a talk with my head of department. For this one needs to know that our company put out the idea of what they call a “structural engineer”. When we got this news I let my head of department know that I would be interested in going down this route.
As said, last Friday she came back to me concerning this topic and let me know, after a lot of talking, that I shouldn’t place to high hopes on that as the requirements for this structural engineer include that one is working as a DTR for a couple of years already and I’m clearly not fulfilling this point. But she also said that she will try her best to get me and another colleague into this program. So, we will see what comes from that.

- Private:
This weekend our little one got already seven month! Time really flies and sometimes I’m wondering how to manage to keep track with everything. But so far everything worked out fine. Last week I got the confirmation that my application for childcare money had been accepted and that from now on I will get some additional money every month. In addition to that I will also receive a onetime payment for the month missing since the birth of our daughter till the month they will pay it for the first time regularly.

Besides that my mother came for a visit this weekend. As the last couple of times meeting her had been quite straining as she, at least to my feelings, tries to overcompensate the fact that my parents got divorced in the past and this, again to my feeling, might cause her a feeling of not having been mother enough which is, obviously, not true.
So, I was somewhat tensed and somewhat feared that this weekend might end up straining and me needing to hold back on not saying something to her. But what should I say, finally everything turned out very different and we could spend a relaxing and joyful weekend together. Our little one had been a bit sceptical in the beginning as she hasn’t yet met my mother, her grandmother, all too often. But after a while this settled and finally they could spend some joyful time together.
All in all I feel that we all enjoyed the weekend and had a good time!

- What I’m grateful for:
o I’m grateful for the weekend and that we could spend a relaxing and joyful time together.
o I’m grateful for the tasty food my mother made for us.
o I’m grateful for that my childcare money application got accepted.
o I’m grateful for the great weather we had on the weekend and which seems to last for a couple of more days.

NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds