Yoshio's Training Diary

• Thank you received: 1816

Jax replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

The other one I'm using is this: http://www.amazon.com/Digestive-Advantage-Intensive-Support-Capsules/dp/B0007IQMVG It seems to be helping a little after just a few days.  I have high hopes for the next weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1392

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

Thanks for pointing me in those directions.
About peppermint tea, I do drink it already more or less regular. My traditional healer said that it also will help in summer with dealing with hot weather conditions. She said that peppermint tea would have a cooling effect to the body and this could be increased by adding some sugar to it. This is exactly what I do during summer. We do have, in lacking of A/C, around 33°C at our office. So every afternoon I do drink peppermint tea and it helps me a bit in dealing with those temperatures.
Further more I had read in one of the documents I had found something that there had been some investigations in which they had used peppermint oil. It was said that it also had a positive effect on the symptoms.
As You said, me too, I do have high hopes for the next weeks that I will reach some betterment. Anyway, the next weeks and months will proof it.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-08-25
Yesterday (Wednesday the 2011-08-24) I had been to the Dojo again after one week without training. The weather condition was just awful! The whole day it had been very hot and humid but it hasn’t started to rain. We had been quite some people for the training which made the circumstances even worse. In this way it was very tough training. We all had sweated a lot! My t-shirt was still wet on the next day.
The training itself was also very intense. In the first part of the training we did work through the first three Kata of Kukishinden Ryu. In this the first two Kata dealt with an attack where both are sitting in Seiza no Kamae. The third one dealt with an attack where Uke would perform a kick at Tori. Tori is in Seiza no Kamae and Uke starts out of Shizen no Kamae (Natural standing position). Because of that we had to handle lots of ups and downs as well as moving in Shikko – the kneeling or duck walk. As we hadn’t done that for a while it was very exhausting.
The second part of the training then dealt with the next three Kata. Although we skipped the last/fourth Kata which would have dealt also with starting from Seiza no Kamae. So this three Kata started from Shizen no Kamae for both, attacker and defender. Additionally we were allowed to do the training in Hakama. – I don’t know why, but this time my Hakama doesn’t suite at all. It was in a way loose all the time and so gave me some extra difficulties to deal with. – As always, doing training in Hakama does not only look different it also feels different in a certain way.
After the training I was already done. But I still had to raid my bicycle back home. Because of all that I had been to bed already at 2330 o’clock, which is quite unusual for me as normally I would go to bed on a training day between 0000 o’clock and 0100 o’clock. But this time I had been so tired that I only wanted to take a quick shower, send an e-mail to my girlfriend and go to bed.
The advantage of all was that I had a very good and deep sleep and had woken up refreshed just short before the alarm would have rung anyway.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-08-29
This weekend I had been back home visiting my parents and meeting some friends. So there had been no training on the weekend. Instead I used the time to relax and enjoy the time being together with my mother and my father as well as seeing my friends.

On Sunday (2011-08-28) I started now to drink Yakult on the evening. Yakult is a pro-biotic drink which includes the bacterium Lactobacillus casei Shirota. This one should hopefully help me with my IBS. On the German web-page of Yakult I had read that the first improvements should be noticeable within 14 days. We will see!

What else is going on in my training life!?
I’m still working on the Personal 101 material. I have finished one further assignment but wasn’t yet able to post it on my wordpress blog. My problem with posting in general is, that I shouldn’t use internet anymore that intense in work. I mean, we are still allowed to do so, but we have to shorten the time we use it. So I’m only able to read through the forum. This especially as we are using a quite old version of IE this makes it impossible to use wordpress. On the weekends then I do mostly “forget” or better said don’t find time to do all the posting. In this way this year is really crazy for me. Free weekends which I can use for only myself and stuff I would like to do are very rare. It seems to that everything is coming together within this year. I don’t want to complain about that, although it may sound sometimes like that, as I’m happy with seeing all those peoples and being active. But sometimes I would wish that the day might have a couple of extra hours! ;)
Anyway I hope I will soon be able to post all the stuff I already had written. This will include the assignment(s) for Personal 101 as well as all the notes I made for my PMD and the rework of my PLP.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-08-30
I hadn’t been to the Dojo this Monday as I got an invitation from a friend to see him. He invited me to a kind of test eating because, together with his Mexican wife, he will open his new restaurant shortly. It was a very nice evening and I had very delicious tacos with different fillings. Also I had an absolutely fabulous chocolate cake.
It was very interesting to see what they had out of the old restaurant. Now it is looking very lovely and cosy. They used a lot of fresh and strong colours and gave the whole thing a homey and Mexican touch. As both things, the appearance of the restaurant and the quality of the food, are of really high quality and taste I’m pretty sure that they will make it with their new restaurant. At least all my best wishes are with them!
Because of the test eating and the fact that I had to write some e-mails when I came home, I got to bed a bit late. This caused me to oversleep a bit which made it impossible to go through my normal morning exercises. So I decided, instead of the stretching and Qi-Gong exercises, to do a longer meditation session.

Because of the hot weather last week and the usage of the table ventilators I do feel now some tension in my left shoulder muscles. Furthermore I still do have problems with my right elbow joint. Because of that, I decided to see my traditional healer this evening.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-09-05
I hadn’t been to the Dojo at all last week. Furthermore I was only able to do some training on Saturday. Because of that there wasn’t much physical training the whole last week. On one side this goes hand in hand with the problems I do have with my back and my right elbow. On the other side I had to compensate some sleep as I was lacking of it lately.
The weekend was very relaxing and I was able to finish a lot of household stuff. This I put back already for some time. But now all my shirts are ironed, the laundry is done and my apartment is tidy. Good job on this, as this will mean that I do have the next weekend completely free!
Unfortunately I was once again not able to copy all my Jedi stuff to the internet and especially to my wordpress blog. Hopefully I can deal with that this during this week.
Now only two more weeks to go till I will be off for two weeks! I’m already a bit curious about my holiday as I will fly to Japan for the second time but this time I will see my girlfriend for the first time! Happy me!  :)

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-09-07
I had been to my traditional healer yesterday. My elbow is now feeling better but she meant that I have to be careful during our martial art training and maybe ask a colleague to relocate the elbow joint after the training. As we are training on the more intense side, it is quite likely that slight dislocations may occur.
My back or better said my muscles around my left shoulder blade are feeling better as well. I guess it was only muscle inflammation caused by the hot and humid weather we had two weeks ago. Because of that we had to use the table ventilators very intense which, obviously, caused airflow. This in combination with having sweated a lot is very likely to have caused the problems. Anyway I’m feeling better now.
Beside that all, I was able to up-date my wordpress blog yesterday a bit. I posted the work I had done on the Personal 101 course. Furthermore all my PMD entry went into my blog as well as an up-date of my PLP.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-09-08
Yesterday (Wednesday 2011-09-07) I had been to the Dojo. It has been two weeks ago since I had been there the last time. Lately time is passing by very quickly; at least it seems to me that way. Anyway, in the first part of the training we did one Kata of the Takagi Yoshin Ryu. Unfortunately I can’t remember anymore the name, but that isn’t that important anyway. What is more important is that one of the key points of this school is that you should make it impossible for your opponent to escape your techniques through rolling or any other Ukemi technique. This makes it very painful and intense to train this Ryu, because you always finish the techniques with a pinning technique on the floor.
The second part was dedicated to sword training. We made, what a surprise, some Suburi for to warm-up. After that we did the Nagare no Kata and our teacher pointed out once again the important points and on what details you can or better said have to focus. After that we did a “simple” partner technique. This we did in two variations. The first was dealing with the situation that both combatants are standing. The second was dealing with that the defender was sitting in Seiza. At the end of the training we did a block drill.
All in all the training was very good again and lifted me up in a way so I was at a better mood when I left the Dojo. Although my body felt very tired after the training my mind was in a way refreshed and clear as it hasn’t been for quite some while.
The only drop of bitterness was that all the training didn’t really helped me with my elbow. I mean it wasn’t as worse as I had expected but specially during the sword training I had to adopt some techniques as I was hardly able to hold or better said stop the sword with my right arm. On the plus side, this gave me the opportunity to focus on the usage of my left hand.

NerdFitness Profile

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

2011-09-12
Up-Date after the weekend!
First of all, I was lazy during the weekend and didn’t do any training at all. So no Qi-Gong, no meditation and no additional Bujinkan training! Lazy me!
But on the other hand I finished packing for my trip to Japan which is up and coming on next Saturday.

I was able to handle answering to e-mails better. I do them now earlier so that I don’t sum up a lot of e-mails and have to spend then a whole evening/night for to answer them all. Replying immediately to them is not as straining as replying to them in a row.
What I still have to work on is the time I spent on the internet in general. This is still too much and takes away a lot of time from other things I would like to do.
But all in all I feel that I haven’t done to bad and at least better than the last weekends!

A short résumé of drinking Yakult for bettering the flora of my intestine, Yakult is including the pro-biotic “Lactobacillus casei Shirota”. It seems to that, hopefully, this really does help me. At least I haven’t had any problems since my colonoscopy. I will drink it this week as well. But then I will be on holiday and I’m not sure if I can get it. I guess it should be possible as I’m in Japan and it was developed there. But I’m staying in a hotel and so I don’t know if I do have a fridge in which I could put it!? If not, it will be interesting to see if there will be any changes!? Hopefully not! And anyway I will be able to eat much better and healthier during my holiday as I’m here at work. So, fingers crossed!

NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1816

Jax replied the topic: Re: Yoshio's Training Diary

Good luck and enjoy the vacation! You can hopefully get peppermint tea at least to help with your stomach. 

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds