Tampering with Energy

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) created the topic: Tampering with Energy

Well, I’m not sure how to post this.  I’m recently picking up trying to do energy work and just trying to get opinions.
Recently, I’ve been really trying to connect to my element of water. 

Today, while in the shower, I did a waterfall ish meditation in which I tried to connect to the flow(soul) of the water.  After a while, I just reached this sense of complete relaxation where I lost all sense of anything outside me and I just was.  When I came to, I felt pressure and tingling sensations all over my body. 

Since then I have still felt a lot of pressure and tugging on the bottom of my hands (palm area).  I also tried another exercise where I put a bowl of water in front of me and tried to connect with the water that way.  I’ll tell you I never felt such pressure being exerted, I literally dove my hands in the water it was that strong.

So I guess I’m trying to figure out if anyone has any experience with energy work, or would know someone who does, that could maybe help me work through it =]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Charles replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

First off, you made a very good first step and did what is known as an "Attunement" to the energy type of water. Thats the first bit of good news. The second bit of good news is that from here you will learn attunement with other elements such as earth, fire, and air. There are many ways to go about this, and I won't get into the details to deeply right now, but my first question will be where do you want to go with this? Knowing what you want to do helps in determining HOW you want to attune and what element you want to attune to next.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

Honestly this is something I'm just doing to go with the flow of things.  It's kind of like the next step of my path as a Jedi.  So I guess I want to do this to learn more about my energy, and the energy around me, and to develop a strong connection with it, maybe even move it....

Charles replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

I'd suggest then picking up some basic Tai Chi, or Qi Gong exercises depending on how much time and room you have to work. Regular deep breathing meditations are also an increadible way to build up chi energy for use. I'm a little under the weather but I will try to at a latter point find some usefull exercises in this area that I feel are good enough. For right now I can not stress the usefullness of proper breath though. Good breathing is one of the first steps to harnessing your own energy.

• Thank you received: 137

Kai-An Tatok replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

Feeling physical sensations after energy work isn't unusual- I get the same sensations after I  play with energy. Charles makes some good suggestions for practice. Try seeing the energy in your body- moving it around gently, evening it out, feeling it pour into you with your breath. Just go slowly- and stand up slowly after any energy intensive meditation- you can feel kind of dizzy afterwards. :)

I like the sound of what you did in the shower- I might try that later. :)

Much love,
Kai-An

"Close your eyes. Feel it. The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." -Maz Kanata
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1882

Jax replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

For your future reading, Amber Wolfe has a really great book about the elemental energies called Druid Power: Celtic Faerie Craft & Elemental Magic.  I really enjoy it.  :-)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1911

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

Recommendation for reading: "Wisdom of the Elements" by Margie MacArthur - it's got some exercises and meditations.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

thanks guys for all the suggestions, I'm definitely going to take a look at all of them, this is really a fun and exciting oppurtunity for me  ;D

R Temi replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

Hello. I am new 'round here . I have studied energy under a few shaman, and I wonder if anyone has considered the concept of morphic fields to equivalent to Heavy/light energy in some shamanic practice ?

• Thank you received: 1882

Jax replied the topic: Re: Tampering with Energy

You'd need to explain that concept more, as a lot of people are self trained and thus use different terminology. 

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds