Spirit Guide

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1813

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

Vexile wrote: His Dark Materials is the name of a book series in which everyone on that particular plane of existance has a physical animal companion called a daemon. This animal companion is the incarnation of their soul.

Ah, yes. The fantasy trilogy based on "Paradise Lost". The US movie, "The Golden Compass". Okay. As a 'source' for dipping a toe into the 'not normalcy' of the world -- (chaos magic influenced) -- this is as good a basis as any other.

The method I first tried was devised as a way to basically communicate with your subconcious. You talk, ask yourself questions you already know the answer to and listen for the first mental voice you reply with before actually deciding on phrasing.

Yes. This is a methodology I have advocated for others over the decades.
I specifically point people to Chapter 10 of Robert Peterson's book, "Out of Body Experiences". >> OBE - Ch. 10 - The Small Still Voice Within <<

This was my highschool experimentation on such matters and my daemon was always a snarky jerk for every comment. Not just outwardly snide or funny towards people, but I would hear very mean and discouraging things about myself.

I understood this was my subconscious and as such it was my inner depression and low self esteem rearing its head. However when I tried years later to contact animal spirit guides I seemed to come up with the same a-hole answers, but without the sass covering the contempt. In retrospect I'm not really sure I'm contacting spirit guides as intended or if I'm just re conjuring my subconscious, but it is not a pleasant conversation and I would like to have that special connection to a guide.

Being snarky; a jerk, etc.
As noted in this article by Erin Pavlina, " How To Tell the Difference Between Your Ego, Logic, Spirit Guides and Intuition" >> How To Tell the Difference Between Your Ego, Logic, Spirit Guides and Intuition << As she highlights -- it sounds like your snarky, jerk contact might be more the ego / subconscious response than a guide or spirit.

Making contact and listening is a daily if not 'all day' thing.
Noting 'coincidences' ( two by four thwacks to the head ) or noting the sudden appearance of a tune or bit of a book or phrase that keeps popping up 'in your face' over a few hours or days. That old 'gut instinct'. As you relayed -- using your technique *should* give you a means of making contact and establishing a positive, working relationship.

For arguments' sake, let us say this is just a spirit...
For whatever reason, it is as it is. First, you need to ask... is this a reflection of 'me' -- am I like this to the outside world... and I'm being given a taste of my own medicine back to me? If so... this might be a lesson. *Is* this something you might be learning from the situation? Is Spirit giving you a lesson that may not at first glance seem obvious? When this spirit *is* being a jerk / snarky.... do you agree or do you say, "Hey, let's not judge least we be judged..." or some other phrase. Do you accept the comments or do you talk it out with the spirit? ( So.. why do YOU think the way you say? Let's talk about this... ) Working toward POSITIVE communication (and solutions) might become the common ground you both work toward.

If you decide this 'relationship' is just not going to work out, you can take steps to release this guide and call upon the 'higher powers' for another. As the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for... you may get it."

There are sources online and in books which can take you through the steps to 'releasing a guide / spirit'. Typically, most involve prayers to 'the higher powers' and invoke God. If you are not a 'God person' ... you can edit the scripts to call upon that which you hold as sacred or divine... or the Force! The basic idea is -- you politely send off the spirit you have with well wishes and good -bye prayers and then ask for a 'more suitable guide'. Keep it positive. Keep it polite. Keep your fingers crossed the next one will be 'the improved model'.

FYI of methods --
>> How to Release An Entity Attachment <<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

Why are you focusing on this one being? Clearly it isn't meant for you. Take the time to find your own higher self and your own spirit guides. Don't go looking for others that aren't meant for you to begin with.

Jax replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

This is my extensive experience here. You guides, especially when starting, won't be jerks and snarky. THey are building a relationship with you. If you went out on a date with someone you didn't know, would you be a jerk to them? Not if you wanted an actual relationship. Guides may at times get intense if you aren't listening to them, but that's not going to be common. You are either a) dealing with your own subconscious b) dealing with a less than benevolent entity. Either way, not beneficial. Check out the links Kol shared. And be willing to look at all of this from a new perspective. Entities are not more powerful than you. They simply have access to other information more readily. So perhaps you could share more about what you are actually looking for and we can help direct you in that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vexile

• Thank you received: 1

Vexile replied the topic: Spirit Guide

I suppose I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. I guess the best way to describe my expectations is an incorporeal being that is friendly towards me and can offer advice when I ask for it/need it and helping me to learn new things about the spirit world and my own abilities. Holding a decent conversation when I'm bored would be a plus too. It would probably make me more comfortable if it were in animal form as well, I learned how to deal easily with humans on the outside, but inside they still make me more uncomfortable than being in a room with a nervous skunk.

Jax replied the topic: Spirit Guide

Here's my recommendation for now. Start training. Stop reaching out for beings because you appear to be tapping into unhelpful things. And who wants non-contributing entities around? :-) We'll get into some tools in Jedi Studies that can help. Plus you might find the meditation in intro to be helpful as well. And there will be plenty more. But I would dive in and see what we can do as we get to know you better.

For now, visualize yourself surrounded fully with white light. It will ease up some things. Do this before bed especially. Take a look at some of the shielding stuff Kol has written . And just focus on training for a bit. Your guides already speak with you at other times, like sleep. So being able to get more quiet and tap into them while awake is the next step.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1

Vexile replied the topic: Spirit Guide

They didn't do too good of a job talking to me in my sleep the five years I was under attack and forced to have nightmares every night. I do have questions about the training, but that's for another post.

Jax replied the topic: Spirit Guide

That would be very frustrating! That isn't how spirit guides work though. They are here to support our path and what we chose to experience on it. If one thing you wanted to work on was learning to find your own power they wouldn't be able to intervene because that robs you of that experience. You still have to live your life and find what works for you. If they protect you from nightmares that can completely derail your path because you won't go seeking things like the Jedi path for instance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds