Spirit Guide

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

I'm definitely adding those books to my todo list!  This is a great explanation.  I'll have Carrie read through it and see if she has anything to add as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

I felt that I should add a bit to this thread. It probably seems that many of us who are on the Jedi path soon start talking about spirit guides and other things that are associated with the shamanic path, not the Jedi one. It is an issue that has troubled me from time to time...it is hard to look at your own experiences, interesting as they are, and wonder why they occur in relation to ones professed path.

I think that a reason for this is because once we start doing 'internal' work, on our flaws and deeper aspects of ourselves; meditating; opening ourselves to the Force (or so we think) we start to slot into a entrenched mental and spiritual groove...a paradigm that exists at a racial level. A paradigm is:

A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.

It may be that at present we cannot help but to follow this track, at least to some extent, because it is a strong one, and because we also have not yet build a true paradigm for the Jedi path. Eventually, I hope to see that built.

In most cases, the difference is simply word choice.  I learn from many sources without walking any of those paths.  If a shamanic text, or wiccan text, is the only source for a piece of information, then so be it.  I don't think it makes it any less of a Jedi path, as I make it my own once I have the knowledge. 

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 249

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

I know I'm late to the ball game, but another way to look at it is the Blue Glowy Force Ghost's of the star wars universe, Jedi did have spirit guides

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

*** bump ***

(( and maybe 'pinned'? ))

Pinned. Thank you for the reminder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Thank you.
Seems to be a subject many run into -AND- one worth reading every so often... as a reminder.
:cheer:

• Thank you received: 1

Vexile replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

Ok I know I'm reviving a dead topic to the point it's probably some form of necromancy, but I have something that has always puzzled me. I've been working with versions of spirit guides or the daemons from his dark materials or whatever since about 2005 and every time I believe I've made contact the guy is a complete jerk. To the point where I always end up just stop talking to him despite wanting a guide badly because he's so rude or wants me to do something I am totally against. I don't know what to do to take care of this. Everyone else talks about how helpful theirs is and how much trust and built relationship they have with theirs and I'm just over here sometimes wishing I could punch mine. What's the deal?

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

I've been working with versions of spirit guides or the daemons from his dark materials or whatever since about 2005 and every time I believe I've made contact the guy is a complete jerk.

This is unclear to me. What method or 'source' are you using to connect with your spirit guides?
Are you channeling rather than 'opening to the higher self'?

As for 'being a jerk' -- what are your expectations when calling upon this particular spirit?

Spirit Guides. All of us have them. They are all around us if we could only perceive them. Often confused with angels, they are souls who walk amongst us who are here to help, offer guidance, comfort, and advice. A Spirit Guide, unlike an Angel, was once a human being, like you and I. They lived their life, performed their tasks, died, and crossed over to the Other Side. Some choose to come back, to reincarnate in a new life, in a new place. Others make the choice to remain in Spirit so they can learn and spiritually advance while helping others still living to learn their life's lessons. This is a Spirit Guide in a nutshell.

Spirit Guides, as former human beings, are well aware of the problems we face in our everyday, mundane lives. They were once concerned with very similar matters. They tend to have their own special areas of expertise, often based on past personal experiences or careers they have had in a past life. And, as former human beings, some can cop attitudes or -- as you put it -- be a real jerk.

However, you must approach this from a different perspective.
Okay, so this is a spirit that has made a connection with me. Is he a jerk or is he testing me? Am I not understanding the reasons for this type of behavior? How come this spirit is not all loving and embracing and giving magical advice like the barkeep at your favorite watering hole? Is it 'something' about this spirit or is it something about you?

We talk all about self examination, intention, and perspective.
One must ask -- what are your motives for looking at 'dark material' and expecting an all loving, embracing soul to be the outcome?

I ask all this for clarification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Atticus

• Thank you received: 1

Vexile replied the topic: Re: Spirit Guide

His Dark Materials is the name of a book series in which everyone on that particular plane of existance has a physical animal companion called a daemon. This animal companion is the incarnation of their soul.

The method I first tried was devised as a way to basically communicate with your subconcious. You talk, ask yourself questions you already know the answer to and listen for the first mental voice you reply with before actually deciding on phrasing. This was my highschool experimentation on such matters and my daemon was always a snarky jerk for every comment. Not just outwardly snide or funny towards people, but I would hear very mean and discouraging things about myself.

I understood this was my subconcious and as such it was my inner depression and low self esteem rearing its head. However when I tried years later to contact animal spirit guides I seemed to come up with the same a-hole answers, but without the sass covering the contempt. In retrospect I'm not really sure I'm contacting spirit guides as intended or if I'm just reconjuring my subconcious, but it is not a pleasant conversation and I would like to have that special connection to a guide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds