Simple Chakra Cleansing

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1828

Jax created the topic: Simple Chakra Cleansing

by Alberto Villoldo in Shaman, Healer, Sage. (page 54 of hardcover edition).

It is practiced in the morning while in the shower.  Hold your left hand at the base of your spine, and with your right hand three or four inches above the skin feel for your first chakra.  Spin the chakra counterclockwise (imagine that your body is the face of the clock) three or four times, rotating your fingertips in a circle.  Rince your fingers in the water.  This eliminates the sludge at toxins that adhere to the walls of the chakra.  Repeat for all seven chakras, making sure the rinse your fingers thoroughly in between.  Try to sense the dense energy - like cotton candy - on the chakras.  Now go back to your first chakra, spinning it clockwise three or four times.  Repeat for all seven chakras.  This exercise increases the speed of the chakras, allowing each energy vortex to spin at its optimal frequency.  A clean chakra is able to draw in natural energy to replenish the reserves in the Luminous Energy Field and keep us in exceptional health.
_____
Note:  It's very important to do this as directed.  Go slowly, and focus on each of the three cycles.  Don't do more, even if you can't feel anything.  It works, just trust the process.  If you feel any pain at any point, you have done too much as well.  Make sure you ask questions if you aren't sure of any of this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Simple Chakra Cleansing

I shared my initial experiences with this in my meditation journal.  I'm sure Phoenix will chime in here before long with his experiences.  Please share yours as you try it, either here or in a different journal/thread.  :-)

• Thank you received: 35

inari replied the topic: Re: Simple Chakra Cleansing

I don't actually practice this exercise in the shower, as we have water restrictions and all that here (i.e. short showers). I do this exercise lying comfortably on my bed or on the floor (in front of the heater at this time of year, lol) and just flick any oogy energy away, in the same manner I would during qi gong healing.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I figured that would work as well.  What's nice is that, doing it in the shower means I actually remember to do it rather than it being a separate activity.  Though I do worry about the water usage.  I bet it would also work to have a small dish of saltwater that you rinse your fingers in as well. 

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 450

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Simple Chakra Cleansing

Yea, I tried this exercise two or three times now. =]

The first time I did it wrong and I noticed it with my back aches.  I went counterclockwise, but didn't do clockwise.  It felt wierd when I did it because I really noticed that sludgy gooey feeling. 

The second time I did it, I was more concious of what I was doing and didn't feel as much.  I'm going to try it in the morning =]

Oh, and as for water usage..hehehe...well I used soap.  As I did that chakra, I washed my body with soap, kind of an extra cleansing.  It really helped and cut down on water usage...just a thought

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

You might want to add a flicking motion with your hands then to get the energy 'off' your hand.  I'm not sure what soap does to energy.  Water is cleansing energetically, not just physically.  Perhaps Inari has some insight into this?

Soap won't do squat, apart from clean your skin. When I was talking about water use I meant keeping showers short, that's all.

Now, for getting rid of the energy. The original version of this exercise suggested just letting it go with the water down the drain. I do a similar thing after giving massages, where I wash my hands and lower forearms thoroughly (preferably in hot water) and just picture that oogy stuff going right down the drain. Another method, which is suggested by Alberto in one of his other books I think, as well as in some of the other stuff I've practised, is to make a sharp flicking motion at the ground with the hand. This directs the energy to the Earth, which will 'mulch' it. Don't flick it at other people or pets.

I've got that course tomorrow and Saturday, based on Alberto's work so if I pick up anything else useful there I'll be sure to let you know.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I wanted to share what changes I've seen after doing this for 2 weeks or so.  At first I noticed a greater sense of focus and grounding.  Then I started to notice better sleep and the ability to stay more awake during the day.  Last week I was tired, but drinking 2 cups of ginseng tea really worked wonders.  For the past few months even that wouldn't have been enough for me to be alert, so there is a difference in my energy.  I'm now sleeping more consistently at night, waking up less often and thus resting more. 

I can't encourage people to do this enough.  I've recommended it to my friend who is fighting cancer in her chest.  It will help her battle because it helps reduce the imbalances that are feeding the cancer.  I've recommended it to another friend with irritable bowel, for similar reasons.  I hope these 'testimonies' encourage a few more people to give it a try.  :-)

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 450

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Simple Chakra Cleansing

I'll give a testimony :)

I noticed for me that it helps with focus and concentration. Not to mention that as in previous posts, I have had the trouble with energy during the day and I noticed if I do this meditation in the morning that I have much more energy during the day. 

Another issue for me, is I have back contortions that my doctors can't figure out the cause or why I do them.  This cleansing has begun to help lessen that, not necessairly in the cleansing itself, but by cleaning up my chakras, it has showed me things in my lifestyle that may be contributing to a bad back. 

So yea, this really is a good meditation!

Edit: Had a question, just curious if someone has the answer: When we do the activating of the chakras, should we clean our fingers again in between each chakra, or just go through with out cleaning. Or, does it even matter?  ???

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

It doesn't matter.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds