Personal meditation technique

• Brendan Bonamie
  • Brendan Bonamie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10

Brendan Bonamie created the topic: Personal meditation technique

Ive recently been experimenting with coming up with a simple meditation that would benefit specifically me, based on what i know of myself, my comforts, and my needs.

I laid down on my bed, with the lights off and a blanket over my eyes,(pitch black helps me visualize things in my mind. It feels like a blank canvas to paint my thoughts across) and imagined myself walking up the stairs to a temple on coruscant that id describe as looking like the lovechild between the Jedi temple and a pyramid. As i approached the steps, i was attacked by a group of 501st who i assume to symbolize the walls ive built in my mind. Surprisingly enough i quickly dispensed with them and moved on to crushing the gigantic doors in front of me. (I visualized this as a full frontal assault on the different pains and stresses ive carried with me over the years. When i entered my temple though, i was yet again attacked. This time by something i couldnt see and seemed to be actively trying to shut down my ability to imagine this scene. I actually felt physical effects of this seeming mental attack including seeing nothing but white when the "being" "struck", and feeling my body temperature go up. My resolve rose to the challenge though and i imagined myself using on almost force-repulse like attack to break the "chains" that id set around my closest secrets. Secrets id kept and am still keeping from myself to this day. I then caught my breath and took stock of my surroundings that were very graphically designed for coming from my own imagination. What i noticed was that all the pains and stresses i came to face and deliver, were built into the walls the way the greeks decorated their temples. In my mind, yet another metaphor. One that meant those are things i will hold onto for the rest of my life. Using the force to raise a small platform out of the center of the floor i noticed on it a sith Holocron. Upon opening it, a wisp of smoke emitted from the crystal inside, forming an apparition of Darth Vader. I imagined every painful memory that came to mind at that point being placed inside that holocron for later analysis. I could feel my inner scale tipping with that action though and decided to raise another platform from the floor, this one with a jedi holocron on top carrying the transfered consciousness of Luke. Immediately i felt more at ease and balanced. Theyre my angel and demon on my shoulder, amd i return to my temple for their advice whenever a difficult decision is put in front of me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Personal meditation technique

Frist of all many thanks for sharing this with us. Unfortunately I don’t know where You want to go with that post and I can give nothing than saying it had been an interesting read for me about something which is personal for You.
If You don’t mind, I do have one suggestion for You. If it is okay with You, I feel that this post would better fit to our “Esoterics” section and more specific into the “Meditation Journals” area. Should that be okay for You, I would move it over to there into a thread called something similar to: “Brendan’s Personal Meditation Diary” or any other title You feel fit.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Brendan Bonamie
  • Brendan Bonamie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10

Brendan Bonamie replied the topic: Personal meditation technique

That post didnt really have any purpose other than to maybe put one more technique out there i suppose, and mainly just because i felt that itd be something myself and other could learn from. More rhetoric in essense. Again, thank you for the help with the funcionality of the forum. Very much appreciated. Ill move it first chance i get.

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Personal meditation technique

Okay, then I think it is best to move it over to the “Esoterics” section as it describes your meditation technique as a sort of guideline for others if they would like to give it a try.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Personal meditation technique

I have done similar variations, with symbols that worked for me. Thanks for sharing this. It shows how you can use symbolism you are familiar with to represent deeper truths. I'm glad it worked well for you. I usually call these meditative journeys. :-)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds