Creating your Best Future

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake created the topic: Creating your Best Future

What a crazy ride the 21st Century has been to far! It seems we are living in a world that makes us feel powerless just by reading, seeing or hearing the news. Happily, YOU are HERE... at a place where you can learn a free defense that transcends all the ugly crap and requires only effort to use.

It is the power of YOUR mind.

Wishcraft. The Secret. Power of Positive Thinking. They all tend to touch on the concept that you can use your mind to make things happen. Sounds like wishful thinking, right? (okay, I did that on purpose) Truth is, the mind CAN make changes in our reality.

OUR REALITY  

"Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together." - Obi Wan Kenobi, SW IV: A New Hope

We are all connected by an invisible neural network through our thoughts, for better or worse. We can change what we perceive as reality. Our bodies are so incredibly complex they are like micro-universes. Contrary to common belief, we have the freedom of choice to change our own reality. Few people will believe this and cling to the old idea that "we must accept our lot in life." Yet history is full of many people who have risen up what from what many would call "the gutter" to become leaders!

How did they do this?

By changing their reality by determining their goals in life. If these people did not change their reality, they would have been born, lived and died with their existence completely unknown to others except family and friends. They made the choice to change, and refused to accept their reality by creating a new one.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Creating your Best Future

CHANGING OUR REALITY FOR THE BETTER

Change does not happen overnight and will tends to be gradual. Like a large flywheel, it takes effort to get our change moving but it can be done.  AND, once that big, old flywheel is in full motion, it is tough to stop! Our thoughts can do many things to us, including making diseases become better or worse. Studies have shown we can directly affect our immune systems as a result of negative thoughts. The cool part is, we can change that.

The universe we live in may not be the only one out there. In fact, our universe could be just one of an infinite number of universes making up a "multiverse." Physics is cool but can sound crazy. And there is not just one way to get to a multiverse — numerous physics theories independently point this out. Figure there are multiple YOUs that went about the day. Several wore shorts (since it's hot today) -- some wore those comfortable blue ones and some those crazy neon green ones. Each moment, we make decisions. Each decision is a potential 'fork' in the road of all possibilities. Forks upon forks upon forks. It's all forks all the way down (or up).

Now consider. If you take the time to get your head straight, you can pull those positive choices to you. That how successful people get successful. They set a goal (or goals) and then keep a strong, positive mind frame as they push to that goal. The ones who can 'bull through' the diversity and daily crap who make it to the end reach their goal. Don't like an outcome? Change it. The power of the mind is scary as to how much it can promote changes in the physical world.

Imagine 'cherry picking' the best life for your self? BEST BUFFET EVER.
YOU can decide how you want your Life to be every second. And the potential for that Life to BE in existence is already available... from the multiverse.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

JUMPING JACK FLASH

So, you want to 'jump' to some desired result or state of being that is different from the existing situation — and by clearly observing that possibility and supplying sufficient energy, you can make a 'leap' into that alternate reality.

Usually, these alternate realities have no connection to one another, however, a jump can be made through a kind of handshake through time and space — this connection forms a bridge that allows someone experiencing a jump to physically end up in another reality. The connection is so total that a person can literally walk into another place and time. While to the universe, both of “you” still exists, your awareness of who you are coalesces in one reality, often leaving the other out of reach, out of sight, and out of mind.

We are capable of taking hundreds of 'leaps' in any given day -- making decisions that seem inconsequential or small at the time, yet have the collective power to entirely transform our lives. A daily decision to spend a few minutes writing, exercising, or practicing music makes a tremendous difference in a person’s life over a period of weeks, months, and years.

In most cases, people experience walking into parallel worlds that are nearly — but not quite entirely — identical to the one they came from. In those cases, it is possible to find something has seemingly shifted in some startling way. A door or building may appear where one had not been before, or you might notice your keys are not where you left them and after searching for a while, be surprised to find them in a very odd place or a place you’d already searched with no apparent explanation. These types of quantum jumping reality shifts are remarkably commonplace; yet, unless we pay attention to them, they often go unnoticed and unannounced. We just laugh them off or say, "hey, a glitch in the Matrix."

Now figure that many times — possibly even every time — you make a decision or choice, you are actually moving between alternate realities, between parallel worlds. In those alternate realities, there is another possible “you” who you can connect with so strongly that the conscious awareness and energy that is you literally moves into that other reality, quantum jumping in the process. When feeling so strongly connected to another self in a different reality, it is possible to gain direct access to the knowledge available only in that time and space and to experience an entirely different self.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

STOP BABBLING AND SHOW ME HOW!

When you 'make the jump', you can enter another parallel reality by relaxing and imagining you are accessing some kind of bridge, window, or doorway to another world with another self who has another set of characteristics, qualities, or skills. One makes the leap from simply imagining oneself in an alternate reality to actually being that other self. The success of most all visualization methods, affirmations, faking it ‘til you make it, the placebo effect, and even simply getting out of bed when you do not feel like it can be attributed to 'making those choices' and jumping across.

Anyone who can relax, clear their mind, and envision being different in some way — such as more successful, funny, healthy, wealthy, or wise — can jump. To start jump requires keeping an open mind that you can experience another reality. It is important that you are able to sincerely desire and feel a connection to another reality, envisioning some way of making a connection with it through a bridge, a door, a window or a handshake.

Your ability to form a strong intention, to concentrate, and to get and stay focused while feeling detached from concerns of daily life — relaxed, open-minded, and emotionally energized — are essential. Again, this is stuff we present in the courses here at the IJRS... how useful is that?

You must attain a mindset of detachment in order to release connections to physical realities you have felt locked into with your thoughts and feelings. Detachment and disengagement give you a necessary break from identifying as who you have THOUGHT you are, so you can experience the ecstasy of feeling relaxed and energized in a state of pure consciousness for a little while. In such a state of pure consciousness, you become aware that you are capable of sensing all possible realities, and you realize that you can emerge from this meditation or lucid dream into the best possible reality for you.

So... three easy steps --

1. Attain a relaxed, detached, and peaceful altered state.

2. Feel energized about your visualized positive outcome.

3. Take positive action in keeping with your new reality.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Meditation, mental focus and clarity... practice and patience.

Let me add in a note on patience.
Some things can 'change in an instant' -- feeling like krapola and making the conscious decision to 'make it a better day'. Turning a frown 'upside down' can actual cause the body to generate certain 'feel good' chemicals. Smiling is it's own best medicine!

The flip side to patience is... some things take time. Remember the example of the flywheel? It takes time to overcome inertia and to get that big hunk of stone (or metal) up to speed.

And an old, told joke (sort of). You can 'imagine' winning the mega lottery every night. If you never leave the house and actually BUY A TICKET... it ain't never gonna happen. This is the part where you need to not only get your head straight but work on actions which will help you gain that goal. ie. Get out of that chair and buy a ticket. Make some cash to afford to buy a ticket. Have plans in place for how you will WISELY use the funds after you win, etc.

Same if you are 'asking' for a better job. It is never "I want a another job" -- because, darned it, the universe will tend to toss a few your way... and most of them will be the same or worse than what you already have. The idea is to be working on specifics -- "I want a job that gives me steady, gainful employment which pays all my bills and leaves me cash enough to also play and have that super robot I've always dreamed of. Plus, regular hours and engaging work so I don't get bored."

Ya, I know. Sounds like a kid on Santa's lap. But let's be real. A kid never sits on Santa's lap and says, "I just want a toy." They know exactly what they want... and will take pains to explain it to Santa. Not just a bike but that black and red one that looks like it's from outer space, with the banana seat (okay, that is so old most of you won't know what a banana seat was but...)..... anyway, you get the idea. Concrete. Specific. The more you can focus it to a exact 'thing' the less searching the universe has to 'do' to get you to it.

Number 3?
Let me dive into that one a bit... just for a better idea of what is involved.

To experience positive, memorable, meaningful 'leaps', you must maintain a lucid state of fearlessness and (for lack of a better term right now) 'love' while taking positive action in keeping with the reality of your dreams. Your feeling of love must be genuine for best results rather than merely doing what has to be done out of obligation, duty, or expectation. Taking some kind of positive action while feeling so much love is akin to having a good attitude in life: doing what needs to be done with a song in your heart and a skip in your step rather than feeling disconnected or depressed.

So how do you focus on love when you’re not starting out feeling love, and fake or forced feelings don’t count?

Fortunately, it is possible through focusing awareness in prayer or a mantra or meditation to nurture your feelings of love. You can jumpstart good feelings of love by remembering, for example, how much you love a favorite pet, best friend, child, or sibling. When you breathe deeply, slowly, and rhythmically while regaining a deep sense of loving connection to something or someone else, you are helping to naturally harmonize your breathing with your heartbeat with your blood pressure.

Imagine that this reality is also now choosing and coming toward you every bit as much as you are now choosing and coming to it, so you are now gaining insights and inspiration regarding what you can best think, say, and do.

Think of it as Jax's MBOs (Most Beneficial Outcomes) on steroids. Using meditation, focus, and intent to gain the best of possible worlds. Cool stuff.

Now... go out there and have fun making better realities!

• Thank you received: 453

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Creating your Best Future

Commenting simply so I can find this later, when I have more mental and emotional energy to read. Thanks for this Kol Drake!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Creating your Best Future

Many thanks for sharing this with us. The whole read kept me thinking of and trying to put together the meditation exercise which Jax once did with us in a sort of group work on Skype. I need to go and dig this one out as it feels it will work perfectly together with what You, Kol Drake, posted here.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Thank you received: 36

Sam Thift replied the topic: Creating your Best Future

Very interesting explanation...will certainly take a look at practicing this myself...

I have a different vision of myself, an image, of how I should be compared to how I am. I find what I am now to be a direct result of every single decision I have made up to this point, good or bad, right or wrong, and know that what I will be in the next moment depends on what I do in this moment, now.

There are all the cliche sayings like, "every journey of a thousand miles begins with one step". This is how I try to approach my self and my reality, knowing that while it may seem like nothing now, today, in the moment, if I make decisions and take motion in the direction I want to go, that I will get there in time. If I do nothing, then much will remain unchanged and time will simply pass by.

When we are going through life without focus or attention it seems to be rather random, accidental, and potentially insignificant. Sometimes feeling like someone else is directing our lives, or like there is a "master plan" of fate or destiny which we do not posses the power to influence or change. So we accept our lot.

However, if we look back on our lives, we can see the pen-strokes of our owner authorship. We can see the story of our life which we are writing, we are directly influencing and directing ourselves. I can see those moments where I made the decisions and took action to create something great, and also those moments I made poor decisions or succumbed to inaction, which led to negative experiences.

I see myself how I think I am, and how I actually am, and how I probably will be, versus how I could be. This does not mean that I want for the future, but that I cannot ignore the impact of its outcomes on the decisions of now. Whether this means I am ignoring another version of myself in another universe, where time is immemorial, and that I can realize and coalesce the two into one, is curious to me. Mindfulness. I will look into this further.

Thank you Kol Drake. Very thought provoking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Creating your Best Future

What I would like to add to your post, Sam Thift, is that, as it is said in the Star Wars movie – Kol Drake maybe can give the on point source for where it is used as I’m not good in this – “That our mind creates our reality” which, for me means, that toward what we direct our mind, our thoughts, our energy it is what we finally will experience. That is why we not only have to be mindful and aware of what we are doing but also how we are doing it which means that words can and actually do have power over an outcome. Which means, only when we get rid of “possibilities” in our wording and word it concrete and solid, it is then when we actually experience that we move towards to the imagination. As long as we speak of “we will” or “we would like to” or “if possible”, then this is exactly what we see and get, possibilities and options but nothing which would feel like straight forward, concrete or solid.
Hope that this makes any sense!? ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Sam Thift

• Thank you received: 36

Sam Thift replied the topic: Creating your Best Future

Just like that SW quote: "That our mind creates our reality", is the cliche "you can do anything you set your mind to" concept.

I personally have experienced first hand the truth of both.

In the immediate sense, my wife has been pushing for ways to move our family back to my ancestral homeland (Texas). I am mostly on board with this, and have tossed up things to consider and ways to make it happen, but then she'll counter with all sorts of reasons to stay put.

We finally got it to a point where I am exploring a better job opportunity which would allow us to move back there within 6-12 months...but because of travel related to the work, she again puts it out to a "maybe we'll stay here for 2 more years and then move" arbitrarily, while in the next breath complaining about things here that she strongly dislikes.

This has gone on for nearly 3 years...the "let's go" and "let's stay" commentary. It is complicated, and moving is one of the most stressful things a family can do, but I got it to the point where I have taken the steps and made the efforts to ensure that the ball is rolling in that direction...so sooner rather than later we will actually be at a point where we can say "It's time, let's go home!"

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds