Discussion: Why train in the Force?

• Dogan Nar II
  • Dogan Nar II's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Thank you received: 11

Dogan Nar II created the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

So I recently had a question pop up in my head and I thought it would make a good discussion topic here. If this is already a topic, my apologies.

I wanted to ask fellow Realists why one should train in the Force? In the fiction, the answer is obvious. Telekinesis, lightsaber combat enhancement, etc. But in the context of reality training, what "good" does training in the Force provide? I've never seen anyone perform a Force Push on an opponent in real life or use the Force to deflect a power generator that was thrown at their body. So what benefits would a Real Jedi receive from ability to utilize the Force?

The Force will be with you, always
jljedilife.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1840

Jax replied the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

We are energy beings. The physical is what gets our attention, but much more we are energy beings. Training in the Force helps us get in touch with our energy body and typically helps us be healthier, as all disease requires an underlying energetic imbalance for it to take hold.

As for what I've seen, I can share a few things. Most recently, my daughter was falling off the couch face first. My wife caught her with an injured shoulder, causing immense pain. That cause her to pass out. As she fell, my daughter energetically reached out for her, bruising her ribs from the inside. Intense pain, weeks of healing for my wife, but not a mark on the outside of her skin at all. My daughter is 2 and a badass. She isn't very trained, obviously, but we are working with her, helping her direct energy for healing and such.

Now, for adults, our family is one where energy is a normal part of the day. Most is with healing, which we used to heal bulging disks and reduced spacing in my wife's neck (which have MRI and XRAY proof of that), and which we used to heal her PTSD. But it's also interaction with spirits and a daily awareness of our energy. It's made a significant difference in our lives. My wife wouldn't be as healed and possibly wouldn't be alive without paying attention to energy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Dogan Nar II

• Dogan Nar II
  • Jedi Guardian

Dogan Nar II replied the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

Great story! I'm glad that you were able to help with healing through the Force.
That's certainly the main reason I've seen and found in my own life is pain relief and well as energy block work. Thanks!

jljedilife.blogspot.com/

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1826

Kol Drake replied the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

You should read a thread started by Stryse a few years ago >> Magic(k): Wielding the Force

I doubt you will ever see the same Force related effects as seen in the movies. Those were eye candy... not practical results. You state you haven't seen anyone 'do' a Force push... but I've seen some martial arts masters do some amazing things with minimal effort/body strength yet yield maximum 'push' and/or damage results. Was it 'the Force' (Chi/Qi) or 'just' applied leverage, muscles and torque?

We might never see someone throw 'blue lightning' but if you could see body energies/auras -- you could track how a person's own energies (personal force) can 'reach out' to someone else... and 'touch' or 'entwine' or clobber them. Is it 'movie eye candy'? nope. Can you 'do' things after learning how to do that... you betcha.

There are 10 PAGES of threads on aspects of energy / the Force folks touch on or ask about or question under the ESOTERICS section. There is a lot of great discourse worth examining.

So - why Jedi?

The Force as Source of All Ethics

and... I'll stop there though there are plenty to examine under just about every 'header' of the forum.

WHY study the Force? Not 'just' because it's a Jedi thing -- it's a Life thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Dogan Nar II

• Thank you received: 1424

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

As You are, course wise, at the beginning of your study here at the IJRS You will find that this question will be touched on in the courses there to come after the Introduction Course.
As for me and my experiences, training in or with the Force first let me to a better and deeper understanding of myself. Through this I came to the realisation that we all are not only one with the Force but, actually quite logically, we are all connected with each other through the Force. My personal "approach" on all those things Jedi are from Budo or martial arts in general and, although me too I haven't yet anyone seen Force pushing someone, I have seen and actually experienced things which are, at least for me, already very amazing and far beyond what some might take as possible.
So for me training in the Force helps me to raise my awareness and feeling of connection with the Force and the energy within me, around me and the connection I have with everything through it.
Last but not least, I don't know if You have read the book, I think it is called "I Jedi" in English? If not, give it a read as it has a very interesting passage in it which is touching on this topic and the expectations people do have of the abilities of Jedi. ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogan Nar II

• Dogan Nar II
  • Jedi Guardian

Dogan Nar II replied the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

Awesome, thank you! I'd love to hear about what you've seen and experienced. And I'll have to look up that book and see if I can find it.

jljedilife.blogspot.com/

• Thank you received: 1424

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Discussion: Why train in the Force?

If You have had a look in my PTD, I will see that I do a regular, at least more or less regular, morning routine which includes some Qi-Gong exercises. During them I'm able to "see" my extremity although my eyes are actually closed. Not always but often.
Another thing I had been able to finally pass had been the test for the 5th Dan in Bujinkan. This isn't a test for technical knowledge or applicable abilities of single techniques but a test for being able to sense the intention of someone who is going to strike you down meaning wants to kill you. The test is called Sakki test in Japanese and if You give it a search in combination with Bujinkan You will end up with some YouTube clips in which one can at least see the process. What happened during the test I cannot fully describe but the bottom line was that my logical brain part of me was still thinking when my body was already acting and doing the role to get out of danger.
Besides that and on a more regular base I'm doing not all to bad to sense people around me without the need of looking at them but still being able to point in their direction not all too far off.
Those things one might now describe as a sort of 6th sense or whatever. For me it is part of the connection with the Force and the abilities one can gain through it.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds