Personal Power and the Sorcerers Explanation

• Thank you received: 43

Hunter replied the topic: Personal Power and the Sorcerers Explanation

here we enter the realm of Personal Power
sorcerers say that personal power is like a mood or a feeling that one is lucky

i dont know how to relate this without just sharing my own personal explanation so this is it

personal power is ones ability to accomplish or achieve what one intends decides or sets out to achieve

also there is a feeling associated with it
it is kind of a feeling of being lucky

for me i feel it as a sincere sense that i can do something - sometimes it is full out and out confidence but other times its below the surface just enough that a part of me is aware of it and trusts it and the rest of me doesnt want to dwell on it too much because of a sense that it may dissipate if i put too close a spot light on it

every person has this experience in some way or another
we all have moments where we just zense that we can do it

whatever it might be

the task of the warrior on the path of knowledge is to collect personal power

this in not a mission to obtain power over other people, but to collect and store personal power so that one may achieve anything that one sets out to do

another way of describing it is to say that personal power is a matter of the internal resources necessary for success in any given moment

external resources, like money or influencial friends may be results of ones personal power and most certainly are akind oc power, but my understanding is to say that what is being refered to here is more a matter of what one is capable of simply with their personality, charisma, drive, resolve, stamina, strength, and other attributes which are elements of who or what one is as an individual, before the addition of wealth or status

another way of saying it is that a wimp with money and influencial friends is still a wimp

and a powerful person and actualized individual is capable of aquiring wealth and social influence and would be far more effective at using them

a rule of thumb is that a warrior always trusts his or her personal power; no matter how bad or insurmountable things may look, a warrior should always know that her or his power will be sufficient

this doesnt mean that we always "succeed" or get what we want, but that we always trust that a way will be made or provided to get us through

everyone has value

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16

Zan replied the topic: Personal Power and the Sorcerers Explanation

Hunter, if I may ask, why are you pursuing this ?
Not only in a general manner, which you described in the first post, but why is it relevant for you to pursue this way, and to share it here, without anyone asking for it ?
Why is it important to you to talk about it ?

Song of a Pathless Path
I-AM the EternalStillpoint, Existing Here/Now, Being all ways, UNique, All-Embracing & Pervading
wise & learning creatively, serene yet naturally ardent, crafting the realm of potentialities with optimal efficiency

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Aslyn

thats an excellent question and im glad you asked when you did
it gives me the perfectly natural opening to highlight some particular concepts inherent to the warriors way and the path of knowledge

most immediately relevant to your question from my side of this thread is the observation that people have a strong tendancy to do things for specific reasons, but to completely ignore those reasons,
and go on and do the thing from a state of mental oblivion
without ever honestly asking themselves "whats my REAL reason for asking this?

whats my real reason for doing that?"

an orderly tonal, aware of this tendancy, makes it a point to be constantly forthright with itself, unserstanding that it is a choice to go with this or go with that
and we are all responsible for the WHY of our own actions

as a tonal
DOING is what we do
we DO things
and the things we do help keep our world solid and real
and the things we DO define the nature of the world we experience
this is why its important for each of us to understand the WHY of what we do
so that the real world that we build for ourselves will have a strong foundation of deliberateness and relevance

a good exercise for a tonal is to be very precise with itself about what it belives

to the point even of writing out and elaborating formally to itself the general essence and nature of what it belives and how the act in which it is currently performing relates to what it says it belives

but theres a balance to this

sorcerers say that the world is sometimes too solid and too real, and that from time to time its natural and healthy that we shake off the rigidity and inflexibility of our own self reflection

so we are advised to make very detailed and precise lists about what we belive and what we know, so that our tonals will be very aware and orderly

but then we are advised to throw our lists away
to toss them in the trash and free ourselves from the burden of living up to a list and a dogma, even our own

and so they expounded on the concept of NOT doing

which is basically to alter the essential nature of our DOING so that the tonal can see that its DOING is not the only way of experiencing the word

some of the suggestions they offer about NOT doing are to go ahead and DO things which have no apparent value
to do things for no real reason at all

this is not the same as to do things without knowing why one is compelled to do them

this is to do things which have no clear or imediate benefit for the tonal or the general desires of the tonal
simply because it occurs to one to do them
or that they can be done

also NOT doing has been called NON PATTERNING and it means to alter the WAY we do things

the WAY we look at things for instance
is to look at the things directly

the NOT doing of looking at things might be to look at them only with our peripherial vision
or to focus our attention on the shadows of things rather than the things themselves

another example is when looking at trees to focus ones attention not on the leaves as we usually do, but to highlight the space between the leaves

also sorcerers have a very unique veiw on personal accountability

that view is that since we are in charge of our own lives
but we are not in charge of anyone elses
the only person we can hold accountable for having to answer our questions or live up to our expectations is ourselves

to see the world any other way is similar to going out into space and expecting it to provide you with oxygen

or to ask a quasar
"why?
why are you doing this?"

now, this has to be understood within the contet of personal responsibility

a warrior should take the kinx of responsibility flr their decisionw that no matter what happens as a result of what they decide to do
they will face that result openly and imppecably

even up to dying as a result of ones decisions

the idea is that we will one day die as a result of a decision we make no matter what we do

so the challenge is to constantly choose to things ort
to do them in such a way, that if we were to die in the act of doing them we would not feel ourselves to have been wasting our last moments on earth

lastly is the idea that the standard we apy to each other are first and foremost the standards we must apply to ourselves

after saying all this i see how it is completely unnecessary for me to ask the following questions

why do you ask me why im doing this?

beyond the general answer that was already given in the first post of the thread, why is this question or its answer relevant to YOU

why is it important for you to ask this question at all?
and why would YOU persue this question HERE, where its clearly not being asked for?

and what difference would the answer make?

for instance would you treat me differently based on my answer?

or if the thread has ideas that you think someone may find useful would those ideas become less useful because of my answer?

or if the ideas are not useful would it make them useful if i answer a certain way?

is this a standard question you ask of everyone on the internet?

applying my own standards to my own actions i can tell you that whether or not you answr and also the nature of those answers if you do share them most likely wont make any difference in my life one way or another

but that i am open to the possibility that they may

everyone has value

Yet you are still covering your tracks instead of embracing your path.
And I'm aware this is just my perspective, based on my sensibility.
Nevertheless, by mixing explanatory rationalizations with very personal beliefs, it is also clear that you haven't crossed the parallel lines yet.
Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the 'need' to push forward such a truckload of concepts while deflecting the true reason behind your actual intention.
What you did here, according to my perspective, is theorizing sorcery, with personal commentaries.
Again, why ?

Song of a Pathless Path
I-AM the EternalStillpoint, Existing Here/Now, Being all ways, UNique, All-Embracing & Pervading
wise & learning creatively, serene yet naturally ardent, crafting the realm of potentialities with optimal efficiency

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Aslyn

i am not going to play the wisdom war game with you

i'll never play that game with you on your terms and definitely not in this thread

if you would like to begin a new thread based on your assumptions and assesments of me

then as i feel compelled to do so i will participate with that thread according to its own terms

this thread however is not about your opinions or your assesments

you are not required nor asked to read

or to participate

nor however are you being asked to remain silent

i can see you are unwilling to do so anyway

so im not asking you to stop expressing your opinions here

you are free to express yourself however and wherever you wish

in fact to a certain extent i will use your participation to highlight the concepts that are presented here

rather than allow them to derail the thread

but i am informing you that your personal opinions

and most especially your conclusons of me personally

are irrelevant to the spirit of this thread

do you go to every thread and say "y r u posting this u r ronk!"

theres a thread about chakras

would you care to ask the originator of that thread why they felt like pushing forward with their personal belifes

and then expect your conclusions of them to be taken seriously when they dont give you the answer that you think is correct?

i will suggest that there are better uses of your time than to participate in a conversation that you feel is not worthy in and of itself and on its own terms

but if you really must post here

since i did not directly solicit your attention
but you have deliberately solicited mine

what about maybe participating in a mood consistent with the thread?

how about you explain the parallel lines?

or you demonstrate your own willingness to do what you have asked me to do

and explain yourself

explain why you feel the need to say anything to me at all?

what are you motivated by in your participation in this thread?

what makes you think that there is any reason for me to feel you are entitled to knowing anyting about why i choose to do something?

the reality is that i answered your fist question before you asked it

my very first post answered your question

which means that your post was in fact irrelavent

but i gave you the courtesy of answering yet another way

and still you miss the boat

its not about us

its not about me being right or wrong or you being wise or foolish

its about the concepts of the path of knowledge and the warriors way

thats the program whether you want to be supportive of it or not

play along or dont play along

the game goes on regardless

everyone has value

For all the people genuinely interested in the warrior's way relating to sorcery in general, and to the seer's path in particular, there are a lot more than conceptualizations and labels to experience.
Because sorcery is not just a set of applicable experiences, it is firsly a direct, visceral, heartfelt, energetic, vibrational state in being here, now.

Hunter, You are talking about something you don't experience directly.
Maybe you believe you are, but you don't.
Otherwise, your words would hold a certain 'quality', a vibrational resonance with what it is that you truly are, on an energetix level.

Right now, you are a good tracker of your own tonal, a student "of" sorcery instead of "in" sorcery, therefore you lack the direct experience to properly convey/translate this vibrational, resonant quantum of what you are "talking" about, in your own tonal ways.

My point was to knew if you were self-aware of this fact, which you obviously aren't.

Song of a Pathless Path

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Hunter

Hunter replied the topic: Choosing ones Battles

from where i sit youre leaving because i refuse to make this about me

you wanted to make it about me

presumably so that you could explain why i am wrong

and i told you it wasnt gonna happen that way

then i pointed out to you that the the pretext you were using in order to make it about me was invalid because i already covered it in my first post

i even asked "please dont come in here and start picking things apart"

i assumed it would be understod i was asking that you dont try to pick me apart either

you still havent said one single thing that i didnt cover in my first post
or that doesnt basically apply to every post on every internet forum everywhere in the world

i asked you to either contribute in an ON TOPIC WAY

or

to hold yourself accountable to your own standards and explain why you would walk into a thread that someone else started and expect them to explain themselves about why they started the thread

also

i expressed that i will use your participation to highlight specific elements of the warriors way and the path of knowledge

so thats what im going to do now
and it is not about me or about you but about things that are relavent to the jedi path

again, i did not invent any of this

warriors utilize all available resources
even unexpected and seemingly oppositional elements can be utilized if one is clear about what one is doing and why

warriors are able to do this because they take full ownership of everything that they do

they know what they are doing and they know why they are doing it
and they have already commited themselves to the fullfillment of their purpose before they begin

the warriors way also says that one must be thoughtful about when to battle and on what terms

warriors choose their battles and they choose the battleground

its not good to just jump into every battle that looks like it can be won

learn the conditions of the exchange before initiating any exchange at all

know what your goal in the battle is
and take responsibility for either achieving it or letting it go before you even act on it at all

only engage in a battle that is worth your life
and only engage in battle on your own terms

otherwise you will lose your life to something that you do not understand

because you were not clear about what you were doing
or why you were doing it
or the context within which you attempted it

so understand before you act that this act may cost you your life

and understand WHY you act
and what you hope to achieve
and what you are up against in your decision to achieve it

most of all understand that death is a real player on the battleground of your decisions

everyone has value

Hunter replied the topic: Path with Heart

a Path with Heart is explained as something which one does for no more important reason other than the sheer joy or pleasure of doing it

the distinguishing characteristics of a path with heart are that one is always happy to walk it
and that in a time of difficulty and uncertainty it will offer an avenue to serenty
and to a sense of internal strength when faced with failure or lonliness or grief in ones life

its something that fortifies a person and that keeps one in touch with the feeling that one is where one is supposed to be

the rule of a path with heart is to understand that one is not obligated in any way to anyone for any reason to continue down a path which is not for them

and that it is easy to love a path with heart
if one has to work at loving the path itself then it is not a path with heart
and it is not an insult or a betrayal to anyone to drop it, but it is a betrayal to the self to remain

this is the rule as i understand it

everyone has value
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zan

actually thats a useful contribution

i never said i am a sorcerer
im sharing the information pretty much stream kf consciousness as i remember it because it helps me to understand
also this is useful and interesting information to many of the people who are attracted to a forum such as this
theres nothing new in anything im saying and i admit readily i am not an authority

this thread may appear to be me attempting to teach everyone else
but for me it is an exercise in learning
and in participation in a candid and deliberate way

everyone has value
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zan

Zan replied the topic: Path with Heart

We share this simple, essential truth about walking a Path with Heart, Hunter. Thank You.

Song of a Pathless Path

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hunter

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds