Stop, Breathe & Think app

• Kol Drake
  • Kol Drake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1911

Kol Drake created the topic: Stop, Breathe & Think app

I know not everyone has a cellphone or uber pocket computer but, I just read of this today in my state's 'cool things' and thought it might come in handy for those 'on the go' who can't schedule meditation time easily.

Zen & The Art of Car-Horn Maintenance by Emily Van Zandt, Feb. 2015 - Arkansas Life magazine

"After eliminating self-guided meditation (too much pressure) and listening to meditation podcasts in the car (too dangerous), a friend suggested something wholly 2015: a meditation app called Stop, Breathe & Think. Using my iPhone and some headphones, I could be on the path to successful meditation within five minutes.

The application encourages users to close their eyes and think about how they are feeling before answering a set of questions on their mental, physical and emotional states. Then, boom - three or four short guided-meditation recordings. The app calculates what you need based on your responses, which in my case usually equates to something about mindful breathing. Users choose between three, five, 10 or 20 minutes of soothing lady voice encouraging them to find their center. In true app style, the program tracks your progress through stickers and stats like your total time meditating.

The best thing about SB&T is it's flexibility. When you can carry a class around in your pocket, you make meditation fit your schedule. I could listen first thing in the morning or in my (parked) car over lunch.

Sounded like something that might be useful for those Jedi commuters and those with 'not normal' schedules.

>> Stop, Breathe & Think website <<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atticus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1882

Jax replied the topic: There's an app for that...

It holds potential!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds