The Nature of the Force.

• Thank you received: 16

Zan replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Now, if one approaches this and uses your distribution of the trigrams, one might be able to see connections by the opposing trigrams. So the father is opposite of the mother; the oldest son is opposite of the youngest daughter; the oldest daughter is opposite the youngest son and the both middle siblings are opposite each other.

By "opposite", you mean "complementary" I guess ?

Song of a Pathless Path
I-AM the EternalStillpoint, Existing Here/Now, Being all ways, UNique, All-Embracing & Pervading
wise & learning creatively, serene yet naturally ardent, crafting the realm of potentialities with optimal efficiency

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Aye, one can put it that way as well. I used "opposite" as on the 2dimensional picture that is what they are. But using the Yin-Yang approach, obviously, they are complementary and balancing each other.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zan

I don't think it's a question of "approach", it's more directly related to the the intrinsic nature of oneness in Unity. It is an innate quality, not a perspective.
(at least according to "my" experience of it)

I know it can sound as arguing over details, but the words we use define our own perception and express our own perspective.

Song of a Pathless Path
I-AM the EternalStillpoint, Existing Here/Now, Being all ways, UNique, All-Embracing & Pervading
wise & learning creatively, serene yet naturally ardent, crafting the realm of potentialities with optimal efficiency

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Remember that you are both non-native english speakers, so the understanding of the words are likely different from each other and from native english speakers.

Whether it is viewed as opposition or complementary depends on the perspective one approaches it with. This isn't unique to these symbols either. Many things can be in opposition to each other until there is a shift of perspective to see how they are complementary or providing balance to each other. We discuss this in the Jedi Code for instance, as a singular line can be read on multiple levels with different outcomes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio), Zan

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Tao te Ching:
"Look, and it can't be seen.
Listen, and it can't be heard.
Reach, and it can't be grasped."

I think the Force shouldn't be overanalyzed... I have found that being inside my head too much makes for all these distinctions that are only real because we make them real. My strongest connections to the Nature of the Force come from letting go of that analytical attitude. I don't need to talk about the Nature of the Force because I live the Nature of the Force.

This is Awareness. :)

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Remember that you are both non-native english speakers, so the understanding of the words are likely different from each other and from native english speakers.
Whether it is viewed as opposition or complementary depends on the perspective one approaches it with.

Yes, and that is certainly the point here. But I wasn't talking about how it is "viewed as a perspective" but how it is "lived as a direct experience".

My strongest connections to the Nature of the Force come from letting go of that analytical attitude. I don't need to talk about the Nature of the Force because I live the Nature of the Force.

I agree wholeheartedly, this is firstly a LIVING experience. But then, Awareness doesn't exclude rational understanding, thinking, exploring, even if it comes afterwards and will be a "personal" view/experience on the subject.
Nobody's mentioning the "need to to talk about", Connor, but we can sure choose to do it.

This is Awareness.

Awareness doesn't come in only one flavor

Song of a Pathless Path

The following user(s) said Thank You: Anirac Morgan

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Nobody said anything about Awareness excluding rational understanding. It isn't analyzing that is a deterrent; it is over-analyzing. Being too much in the head.

For me, living it is enough. I spent a great many years discussing the Force. Now, I'm at a place in my life where I want to shut up and enjoy it. hahah.

Awareness doesn't come in one flavor, no. My statement wasn't meant to be a totality but rather an example.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Thank you received: 244

Baru replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

If you are centered in something that is not "true", you are centered in "Nothing". Consequently, you will feel empty and disconnected. If you are centered in that which is, that which is true and eternal - such as the Force, then you are centered in that which is real and true. This is the true state of being. This is the only true relationship, between you and The Force, that will fulfill you. there is no emptiness when you are connected to the completeness of the Force - the source of all life.

We are the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connor, Brian

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds