The Nature of the Force.

• Isaac Garcia
  • Isaac Garcia 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Isaac Garcia created the topic: The Nature of the Force.

I am new to this site, but I have been travelling the Jedi path for a few years now.
In my journey I've recently stumbled across something which may be critical in discerning the nature of the force.
I've been studying Taijiquan and Qi Gong for nearly two years now and recently I began to take notice to
the symbol of the Yin Yang with eight trigrams encircling it.
On instinct, I began to apply the eight trigrams to the known forces in the universe.
What I've discovered is astonishing.
I modified the symbol to show the natures as they are in Qi Gong/Taijiquan, the fundamental forces that represent them,
and the way they all connect with and transform into one another.
I will attach the image so anyone here can view it.

Please, give me some feedback. May the force be with you.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 244

Baru replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

its nice. My view of the force is "bigger" than that. I see the force as the Source of "all". it is and is not "everything". These are qualities that can exist within the Force, but they are not the force. I find that qualities are usually a human perspective projected onto the Force. it is bigger than our limited perspective can name, categorize or labels. Labels are for our minds to "grasp" the aspect of the force that can be perceived.

And I like your effort. I would enjoy exploring these symbols more and to get a come compete understanding of your take on them.

We are the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax, Isaac Garcia

• Isaac Garcia

Isaac Garcia replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. This representation is merely a study on how the force manifests in the physical universe. Almost like a periodic table with which we can come to understand the various qualities of it's influence. The limit of this is of course the reliance on dualism, where as the force itself is indivisible and, therefore, non-dualistic.

I need to continue my research on Taijiquan and Qi Gong in order to get a more firm grasp of this model and how to modify the past traditions into a practice better tailored for the Jedi.

• Isaac Garcia

The first two symbols, which are the most fundamental, are representative of pure Yin and pure Yang. In Taijiquan, they are referred to as Peng (sky: three solid lines), and Liu (earth: three broken lines). Their physical manifestations are the expansive long range force (the phenomenon known as dark energy), and the short range contracting force (what is understood as the strong nuclear force).

Sky is the active force is styles such as Crane Kung Fu and Parkour. It resonates in the heart chakra and condenses when inhaling.

Earth is primary in Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling. This resonates in the root chakra and condenses when exhaling.

Summon the Sky nature and you will feel light. It will empower your ability to jump and, in Taijiquan or qigong, will cause your arms to open, as one would when stretching and yawning. This is useful in a ward off. It is also used in the legs when performing a front or roundhouse kick.

Summon the Earth nature and you will feel heavy. This empowers your ability to stay grounded and, in Taijiquan or qigong, will cause your arms to contract as one would in an embrace. This is useful for tugging or grappling.

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 535

Connor replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

It's interesting! But, let me give you another view from my personal blog:

"It is the duty of a Jedi to become intimate with the Force. And, in becoming intimate with it over the last 10 years, there is something important I have learned.

You would not try to define your friends, would you? You would not define “Rachel” as “a collection of atoms arranged in such organic chemical bonds that we can have sex”, right? I mean, you could, but the more time you spent defining Rachel, the less time you would spend getting to know the vast multitudes of Rachel. She has so many limitless possibilities, and by defining her as “The person who picked her nose in 4th grade”, I would already be limiting the possibilities of the things she could do. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, because my definition gives me focus. And, focus is great when we know what the focus should be. But, none of us knows the Force completely. And, by that measure, we can’t say with certainty we know where to focus when studying the Force. The second reason is because this assumes that the Force is in the past. Rachel probably doesn’t pick her nose anymore (in public?). So, it’s wrong to characterize her by that. In a similar fashion, the Force contains everything, so by its nature it is changing constantly. This is why I feel becoming intimate with the Force, as you would a lover, is the best way to study her. I hope this suffices for a definition: The Force is my lover. She is my left hand. She is my foundation, my life force, and my obsession. She keeps me soft yet sturdy. She keeps me flexible yet resilient. She gives me strength and counsel, and she guides me to better days.

Just as a lover, there are many phases and emotions one goes through. If you have ever loved (and I did not understand the Force until I had loved maybe two or three times), then you know that love carries with it an emotional cornucopia of moods and feelings. It brings out the best and the worst in us. I have been the most amazing person I have ever been with love. And, I have been the absolute worst with love. This is the Darkness and Light within the Force. The Jedi understands that ignoring the Darkness will only lead to pain. Fighting, while bringing out the Darkness kept within, allows for catharsis and honesty to overcome pride and judgment.

“The true lover is proved by the pain of heart. No sickness is bared, like the sickness of heart. A lover’s anguish is different than all anguish. Love is the astrolabe of God’s mysteries.” – Rumi

So, confronting the dark times with Light brings us joy. It gives us hope. It provides us with the next leg of the journey. Conflict gives direction, and then we can go down that trail.

This juxtaposition is, in fact, the Will of the Force. Not a conscious decision, but rather more of a series of happenings. We can choose to see a reason in it or not. Regardless, the happenings are real, and that is enough reason to pay attention."

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isaac Garcia

• Isaac Garcia

Your view is insightful, but also difficult to follow. You seem very in tune with the living force, on the day to day stream of change. This aspect can be unpredictable and even messy at times, but of course it is the aspect that effects us most directly.

My focus here, and in the majority of my studies is the Unifying force. As a scientist, I must abstract the components of that which I research in order to gain a more concrete understanding.

In other words, I'm not so concerned with the fact that "Rachel" picked her nose in 4th grade but, rather, why she picked her nose. What drives Rachel to act the way she does? What is her essence? Who is Rachel? And how can I best reach a mutual understanding with her?

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Just a question for You, Isaax Garcia, do You know what the trigrams mean, stand for in the framework of family members?
This might help You to add another piece to your sketch, image. If You don't know, I will write about it next time.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Isaac Garcia

I don't think I know what you mean by "family members". I do know their applications in Taijiquan but, please, if there is another aspect to these that I'm missing, inform me. I'm here to learn as well as share.

Since I previously shared what I know about the first two symbols, sky and earth, please let me share what I know of the next two.

The Sky and Earth natures are representative of pure Yang and pure Yin. The natures of Fire (Ji: two solid lines with a broken center line) and Water (An: two broken lines with a solid center line) are mixtures of the first two. They manifest in the physical universe as the electromagnetic force (light) and the weak nuclear force.

The Fire nature is active in styles such as Wing Chun, Karate, and Shaolin Kung Fu. It resonates in the solar plexus chakra and condenses when exhaling.

The Water nature is active in Aikido, though I can't think of another style that accurately represents this nature. It resonates in the sacral chakra and condenses when inhaling.

Summon the Fire nature and you will feel hot. It will empower your ability to push or press forward, as one would when doing pushups. This is useful for pushing an opponent away, or even moving something heavy.

Summon the Water nature and you will cool down. It empowers your ability to press downward, as one would when doing an l-sit or v-sit. This is useful for taking an opponent down, or levering something to lift the opposite side.

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: The Nature of the Force.

Okay, during my Feng Shui study we learned about the trigrams and what they stand for. The distribution of the trigrams You have "chosen" is actually called "Early Heaven".

The three solid lines representing the father as he is fully Yang and the solid line represent Yang.
The three broken lines representing the mother as she is fully Yin and the broken line represent Yin.
Then there is the oldest son who gests represented by one solid line on the bottom and two broken lines above.
Then we have the oldest daughter who gets represented by one broken line at the bottom and two solid lines above;
The middle son who gets represented by a broken line at the bottom, a solid line in the middle and another broken line on top;
The middle sister who gets represented by a solid line at the bottom, a broken line in the middle and a solid line on top;
The youngest son who gets represented by two broken lines on the bottom and a solid line on top;
And the youngest daughter who gets represented by two solid lines on the bottom and a broken line on top.

Now, if one approaches this and uses your distribution of the trigrams, one might be able to see connections by the opposing trigrams. So the father is opposite of the mother; the oldest son is opposite of the youngest daughter; the oldest daughter is opposite the youngest son and the both middle siblings are opposite each other.

Maybe this help You to see some more connections and how things influencing each other!?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Isaac Garcia

That is very interesting, Yoshio, thank you for sharing. I'll have to turn that over in my head for a while before I can fully grasp the implications.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds