Manifestation of Negative Energy

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) created the topic: Manifestation of Negative Energy

I couldn't find an exact topic I thought this would go in, so I am making my own.

Yesterday I got stuck at work longer than I anticipated. I was covering for a coworker on vacation, so instead of having the day off I was scheduled to work for 5 hours. I grumbled because I forgot that I agreed to it, but in the end it wasn't worth getting upset about. The past two weeks in particular and the last month in general have been horribly stressful and busy at work. We were all expecting Tuesday to be awful--the day after a holiday at a veterinarian's office--but I don't think we were expecting Tuesday or Wednesday to be as bad as they were. So I was quite excited about only working 5 hours (my usual shift is 10 hrs 4 days a week).

A few hours before I was supposed to get off my co-worker calls in sick. Suspected food poisoning. My manager couldn't stay much past his shift since he had company coming in waiting to get in his apartment. Which meant if I didn't stay late another co-worker would be working the front desk alone for two hours. It wasn't really an option. So I agreed to stay...actually I think it just kinda was decided and I never really said yes or no, I just kept working. It was too busy to discuss things. In the end I worked for 12 hours with an hour long lunch (usually 30 min) so I could actually get something to eat for lunch.

A few hours after I agreed to stay I noticed my throat started hurting. I also noticed a "burning" or watering behind my eyes...like I get when I have a sinus infection. I have had this feeling multiple times since starting my job last fall. It usually goes away after I get home and relax. I always just chalked it up to either being overly tired (the first instances were during busy times at work, shortly after Muffin died) or from talking on the phone all day. Yesterday however, something in my head said "your not sick, its a manifestation of the negative energy." I realized it made perfect sense.

I don't know anything about energy work, beyond putting positive out and getting positive back. I would love to look into this more, and learn more about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: Manifestation of Negative Energy

It could be the negative energy of the area -OR- the body's reaction to unspoken/acknowledged stress -- ie. getting to do a 12 hour '5 hour shift'.

In either case, you might consider taking some 'gemstone' lessons from Jax and company.

Two you can get at any 'rock shop' are black obsidian and amber.

Black obsidian was used in ancient times due to it's sharpness when 'chipped' and used in various tools to cut through matter (blades, arrows, etc). The sharpness of black obsidian is also expressed as a metaphysical property. This powerful stone can help cut through illusions, lies, fearful facades and blockages, etc.

The amount of information that black obsidian can reveal and the intensity of this truthful energy can be overwhelming. The perfection of its black colour reveals the darkness that blocks the light in any situation and in any person. This is why the black obsidian is best used with much respect and care, especially the black obsidian spheres.

Another facet of the black obsidian identity is its ability to draw in negative energy, thus protecting the wearer or the surroundings in which it is placed. As such, the black obsidian was (and still is) used as protection in various body adornments, jewelry, as well as in many areas of one's home.

The powerful alchemical properties of the black obsidian are due to its origin. Obsidian is born out of quickly cooled volcanic lava, so it has the most potent energy of the interaction of several raw and powerful elements - fire, earth and water.

In healing, the black obsidian is used to help one become more grounded, focused and clear in all practical matters. It can also help develop razor-like mental abilities and the powers of discernment.

Because the black obsidian expresses a clear, detached energy of truth without "taking any sides", it can be very helpful for those who tend to react emotionally to people and events in their life. A piece of black obsidian jewellery - be it a ring, a bracelet or even an ankle bracelet - can help anchor erratic energies, bring more balance to one's life and clear one's mind of fears and distractions.

Now, Amber gem stone is not strictly speaking a stone at all, but is a fossilized resin. Beautiful jewelry made from it resembles gemstones, so it is sold as a gem stone. Amber is popular as it has marvelous metaphysical properties for psychic protection.

It is a powerful healer that gives the person who wears it a lovely sense of health and healing. It balances the emotions, clears the mind, releases negative energy, aids manifestation, eases stress by clearing phobias and fears.

Rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, or just a few 'beads' on a string around your neck -- or even a stone or beads carried in your pocket 'for luck'. Obsidian can be almost mirror like -- you can spend time staring into it's nature almost like a crystal ball -- only 'crystal rock'? Having handy 'helper' items is not a crutch; it is a tool to be used just like shields or sigils or energy bubbles or anything else. Use what you are comfortable with and make your life easier for yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silver Surfer, Jax

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re:Manifestation of Negative Energy

It's possible that your body gives you that signal to bring awareness to your energetic state. Since it 's work it's easy to ignore your feelings, stuffing the negativity. But your body doesn't want you to stuff it so it shows you how it affects you. Pain is sometimes the only message we pay attention to. Stubborn humans. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Manifestation of Negative Energy

Some may call it "bad luck", but negative energy can cause life to turn upside down, or at least feel that way.
Depression, fear, anger, arguments, psychic vampires (negative people), sadness, unhappiness, etc. clings like Saran Wrap to your aura field and attracts more of the same situations, along with exhaustion, fatigue, unhappiness, an unsettled feeling and sometimes even health conditions. Just as a furnace filter needs to be replaced or cleansed, so does your energy filter. How often you need to complete an energy cleanse is dependent upon your personal and professional situation.

There are numerous ways that you can cleanse yourself, your office, your home and even your car -- we have touched on many if not most in various posts over the years.

Ways to Cleanse Yourself

Brush Off
Brush yourself with hands diagonally across the body from finger tips, down arms, down legs and torso, and then throw all “bad” energy on the floor to get rid of it. You can visualize a drain by your feet where it departs. Kind of using your own 'aura hand energy' to comb the 'dirt' out of your body's aura.

White Light Protection
Visualize an egg-shaped sphere of brilliant white light that completely surrounds you from head to toe. Visualize the light getting brighter and brighter until it creates a barrier of protection around you. Depending upon your religious beliefs, you can simply say a prayer or ask for your guides and angels to continue to surround you with the white light of protection and that it keeps you from harm and negative influences. You can also do this for others, including pets. I know a person who did this but with flames 'like the sun'. And another who used knives and swords because 'they are cool and will shred anything trying to come in'.

Bathe
Sea salt is used to neutralize the environment and oneself. If possible, get unrefined sea salt along with Epsom salts (and you can even mix with your herbs). Draw a warm bath and relax. When you are completed, drain the bath, but don’t hop out, instead think of all the things that are troubling you, and visualize them drawing from your body and draining with the water, until every drop of is gone.

Ways to Cleanse Home

Reiki
Draw Reiki symbols with hands/fingers to clear spaces. It is important to draw the symbols on walls, ceilings, windows, doorways and floors. Just follow your intuition to guide you to what should be cleansed. Bet Yoshio can help on this one!

Herbs
Many herbs such as basil, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, sage and cinnamon have protective qualities against negativity. You can set them out in a pretty dish to help absorb the negativity, you can burn the herbs by using incenses of those properties and you can bathe with them.

Smudging
Smudging with sage (many prefer white sage) is a simple and powerful way in which to remove negative energy from the area. Place a few leaves in a fire proof container or a albacore shell, and light the leaves or light the bundle. The flame should go out in a short time and the sage will begin to smolder. Fan the smoke with your hand or feather. Say a blessing of protection, or prayer, as you walk around. Fan the smoke around you imagining it passing through you. It flows through you drawing out all of the imperfections that have collected within yourself. I recommend going to the farthest part of your house and work yourself towards the front, opening a window where you can draw all of the negative energy out. Don’t forget to smudge closets, basements, nooks and crevices, etc.

Smudging yourself on a daily basis can also be very helpful in keeping yourself balanced and can help if you are around emotionally unbalanced people.

Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh and Palo Santo also work to remove negativity.

(personally, I think burning sage stinks big time -- but that is me. I like 'nice smelling' stuff in the air... but that's just me.)

Holy Water
Those of certain faith practices believe that by making the sign of the cross in and around the house helps to call on the Divine in order to dispel negative energy.

Sea Salt
Place a glass or bowl of water with sea salt in it. Set in a corner or under the bed to capture negative energies. Dump and replace each day. Dumping to Mother Earth helps to transmute the negative to positive. (You *can* use regular salt though some say 'not all salt is the same' -- and others quote 'like summoning like' so 'sea salt' invokes a connection with the World oceans, etc.)

Be warned though. Having bowls of salt around does clear 'bad vibes' but also can clear ALL VIBES... so it can take a few days for you to 're-energize' a room with good energy.

Candles
White candles work wonderful to remove negative energy, and by adding scents to the candles such as lavender, vanilla and cinnamon it helps even more.

Music
Since we all have a vibration, it makes sense that music can help realign our soul. By playing an instrument yourself, or simply putting on your favorite music, and spending time thinking of all that you want, instead of what you don’t want, can help re-tune your space and your spirit.

Ways to Sneak in a Cleanse at the Office

Most offices do not love an open flame or stinky sage or smelly herbs or incense, so visualization works best when you work in a populated place.

Visualize a vortex swirling around and ask that all negative and/or dark energies be picked up by the vortex. Then visualize the vortex moving throughout the office building until it exits out your roof. Call on the Force or ask that the angels and guides neutralize and dissipate them. Do not forget to thank them... even the Force doesn't mind a 'thanks' once in a while.

No matter how you decide to cleanse yourself, your home or your office, know that positive attracts positive and when you are around any type of negative situation or person, in some form, it will begin to weigh on you. Although you can not see the energy, others can sense it. And as Jax noted -- most who start on the Jedi Path tend to discover a sensitivity to energies -- good and bad. It is in your best interest to learn which methods work best for you. Spending just a small part of time doing self-care and soul cleansing could end up changing your life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silver Surfer, Jax, Katie (StormyKat)

• Katie (StormyKat)

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Manifestation of Negative Energy

I don't know if it is the background I come from, but I have a hard time taking energy work like that seriously. It feels very strange to me. I have done multiple meditations where I try to imagine a ball of energy, or a protective aura or something along that line. I just can't do it. I am skeptical. I feel silly. Which is odd, because I can totally identify psychic vampires and can feel the negative or positive energy in a room etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silver Surfer

That's just what society has printed on you to make you fit in. It isn't reality, just a way to control you.

I would start by not calling it imagination. That implies pretending. Energy is very real. Working with it is real. But start simple. You can feel energy to some extent to work on that more. Pick different things like crystals, plants, magnets, etc and work on increasing your sensitivity so you can tell them apart. With increased sensitivity you will then be able to feel your own energy when you try to do something with it, like making an energy ball.

You might also find it helpful to read the first working with the force posts under esoterics.

The first step ultimately is belief, which requires is to throw out the lies society told us about energy. ;-)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Surf the InterWebs or wait for a posting from someone on Facebook and sooner or later you will see some kind of graphic with the words --

“If you would work magic, you must first believe.”

No.
Just No.

If you would work magic, you must first DO.

It can be said to be no different about feeling/using the Force or working with guides and angels.

As Thorn Coyle presented in her recent book Make Magic of Your Life and as originally articulated by 19th century ceremonial magician Eliphas Levi, there are four steps to magic: to know, to will, to dare, and to keep silence.

Belief is not on this list.

The primacy of belief is a modern, Western, Protestant concept originating with Martin Luther’s doctrine of sola fide – “by faith alone.” It has no roots with our pagan ancestors who emphasized virtues and doing what was right regardless of your fate. Interestingly, I have liberal Christian friends who say faith is not about affirming a set of supernatural propositions but rather the process of faithfully living how their religious tradition teaches them to live.

Belief is not irrelevant.
We form beliefs from our experiences and we interpret new experiences through the lens of those beliefs. If you do not believe magic exists, you will always assume the results of magic came from non-magical sources. “Magical” does not necessarily mean “supernatural” – but in the end, does it really matter? How is that state any different if you replace 'magic' with 'the Force' or 'subtle energies'?

Successful magic does not involve believing the right things, it involves doing the right things. You can believe in Harry Potter and carve your own wand and whip it about with a snap of the wrist saying "wingardium leviosa" with all your heart -- you still won’t be able to levitate heavier than air objects.

It is hard to make yourself try to believe something you really do not believe.
No matter how much I tried, no matter how much I thought my soul depended on it, I could not believe in the God of Christian Historical 'fact and legend'. As a Student of the Universe (SotU), I do not have to believe. I 'just' have to act.

I can imagine shooting a basketball into a hoop all day. No baskets will ever be made. It takes an action -- getting out of the house; going to the court; standing and taking a shot -- a LOT of shots until I KNEW the amount of muscle 'push' was involved in making the ball go up against gravity and to the rim and in and through. LOTS.... and I still stink at basic dribbling and shooting. I make a better speed bump and obstacle for real players as they run around the court. BUT -- the point is, until I DID -- I would never KNOW. I might intellectually understand the theory and dynamics but nothing would make it 'real' until I did it myself.

No different for feeling the Force / subtle energies or guides or angels or astral mentors or.... magic. Read all you can so you understand but you will not KNOW (rather then kind of believe) until you DO. Do the exercises; do the sigils; do the energy work -- and then you will KNOW rather than 'just' Believe.

Most unsuccessful energy work does not fail from a lack of belief. It fails from a lack of effort.
Working with energy can seem easy peasy to some and for others it is hard work – and it is 'hard' mostly because they can not jump that hurdle from belief to knowing because.... they are hesitant to 'do'. True, for so many 'things, it is far easier and far more effective to use mundane action to obtain mundane things. But for those goals that are not mundane or where mundane effort is not enough, the Force / God Force / Cosmic Energy / whatever you call it -- it is a useful tool.

If you would work magic / flow with the Force -- you must first do.

“Do or do not... there is no try.”
- Master Yoda, SW ep. V

• Katie (StormyKat)

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Re:Manifestation of Negative Energy

Well that gives me something to think about....ok I guess I just dive in now. Or maybe just dip a toe in first.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Maybe as Jax suggested? Read WWTF #0 under Esoterics.

I try to make it as simple as possible without all the doctrine or glitz and glamour. And, if you do stuff like 'rubbing the hands together and shaking them and holding them a few inches apart'... as noted in several posts and IJRS courses, you can feel 'something'. And once you are 'doing' / feeling / sensing , you can build up from there.

True, you do all kinds of empathic and unconscious 'energy' / mood awareness already. It is mostly learning to consciously use those same 'mental muscles'.

Since she mentioned belief, it's part of the issue for her. But it isn't a big part in the end. It seems people expect it to be easy to do things that aren't, so their doubt grows. There's enough experience here to counter that problem though. ;-)

Look at the wwtf post. Let us know how it goes!

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds