Deja vu

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
  • Tai-Da Vrikaurvan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 48

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan created the topic: Deja vu

I was having a discussion with my mentor Streen.

We got onto the discussion of Deja vu and theories on what it was. We then got onto the topic of dreams and visions.

Does anyone here have any theories on what Deja vu is? Is it just a mind taking a blip or is there more to it?

Also has anyone had any experience with dreams being visions or just visions in general?

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re:Deja vu

Deja vu is simply tapping into other 'times'. It's not hard from the force perspective because everything is happening at the same time of now. Time only exists for physical existence because it is needed for our brains. In the non physical realm time does not exist. It's all timey wimey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please forgive typos

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1920

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Deja vu

The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen."

Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all. Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

As much as 70 percent of the population reports having experienced some form of déjà vu. A higher number of incidents seems to occur in people 15 to 25 years old than in any other age group.

There are many different theories as to why déjà vu happens so, you can find it being hand waved from a brain 'interruption' to organic damage to 'wish fulfillment'. I would call BS on nearly all since I've had at least two distinct cases I will touch on.

Case 1 --
I was approximately 15 and living in Massachusetts. I had a 'dream' of me being in some large, open indoor 'room' filled with people I did not recognize. I was standing around with 5 other people and seemed to be in the middle of listening to a conversation when I suddenly said out loud, "This is weird. I had a dream about this once of this moment." And, that stopped that 'dream'.

Flash forward two years. My family had moved to Washington state and I was going to high school. They had a school dance in the seldom used 'old gym' (which I had still never been inside of). During the dance, I was suddenly at that déjà vu moment and said out loud, "This is weird. I had a dream about this once of this moment."

No way I 'knew' ahead of time that I would be moving across the country or had 'seen' that building before.

Case 2 --
This time I was in Arkansas going to college. Age approximately 20.

I had a 'dream' of looking down a hallway. Nice shiny floors and doorways along each side with a closed door at the end of the hall. What made it noteworthy was -- midway down the hall was a 'break'. The break was a metal looking insert that crossed the floor and went up both sides of the wall and on each side of this metal break (about a foot wide of metal) was a fire engine red painted stripe on each side of the metal.

Flash forward a little over a year.
I was standing in the barracks in central Missouri. The hallway was as I described. The metal 'insert' was a fire break for the structure. Again, no way I had ever been in Missouri let alone a military barracks let alone known I would enlist 'back then'. But the déjà vu moment and thought sure hit me when it happened.

Perhaps it is as Jax says, 'tapping into other times'. Or perhaps it is the mind tapping into the Akashic record of what is to come or what is to be or just catching 'future mind/radio transmissions'.

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Deja vu

I have kinds of visions or deja vu's. The deja vu is mostly in my dream and the vision in real life. For me it is just en reflection of eachother. But there are certain things in both stories that remind me of eachother. For example something I'm speaking about with friends. And most of the time it are echte exact same words. But the friends could be other friends...

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm

• Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Deja vu

For most people, Deja Vu is simply a reminder that the Universe is far more vast than we realize. It takes 'weird' things happening to remind us sometimes while in our mundane lives. So however it is caused, if you at least allow it to remind you of that, it is beneficial. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 253

Memnoich replied the topic: Deja vu

Now to me Kol, what you list there is Precognition, and not so much Deja Vu, though it's possible that Deja Vu, is just simply a weaker form of Precognition. I know for me, it's exactly as described, and event in which I know whats coming up in a conversation, or whats about to happen simply because I have a memory of this event happening already. In the past I have thought of it as being like Jax said, the simple fact of Time happening all at once, it's just our perception of it that makes it pass, so occasionally those events slip through. The other thought though, is one that has come to me over the years, that there is a multi-verse, and in some cases there are events that happen in several of them, and they bleed into other's as "Memories". This came about from several books reading about alternate dimensions, and the fact that there have been a few things that I know have changed, for an example see the the Bearenstain Bears, but even simply going to bed knowing I left my watch here, only to find it elsewhere in the morning.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Deja vu

Moving personal objects -- that's home gnomes and party pixies. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich

• Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
  • Tai-Da Vrikaurvan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 48

Tai-Da Vrikaurvan replied the topic: Deja vu

I know a few people kol who have a strong belief in fairies, not something I have much knowledge in though.

Jedi Apprentice Tai-Da Vrikaurvan
Apprentice to Jedi Phoenix
Former Apprentice to Streen Ynr

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
― Mother Teresa

"Look to the future and your eyes cannot shut. Look to the past and you can't open them. Live in the moment, and you can blink."

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Deja vu

I experience deja vu all the time. Lately it has been happening particularly at work. Just a quick "oh I've already made this call" or "the charts were just stacked like that the other day when I had this conversation" sorta thing. It is usually something quick like that. The strangest experience I had with Deja Vu was about 10 years ago when I went to England and Scotland for the first time. It was a high school theater trip, so we had to do some educational stuff. We toured the Tower of London and when we came to the bedroom of Sir Walter Raleigh I had a miniature freakout because I had been there before. Not seen it, but been there. I was particularly struck by the desk... I didn't get that feeling in the rest of the tower, just that room. It was such a strong feeling that I still remember it ten years later.

(and now for a slight tangent on the deja vu topic...)
I had other odd occasions on that trip. We were going into one of the castles...possibly Edinburgh castle in Scotland. As I was walking up I got this image of a young woman running from the castle. She had long brown hair and a pink dress. I don't know where it came from, but there was this image of her running from the castle as I walked up the hill. I could sense her anxiety as she was running too. Later, when we went to the castle in Glasgow, I saw the same girl again. Though I am not convinced I wasn't picturing her on purpose at that time, trying to create a story in my head. I would love to figure out what these instances were about. I have never had anything like that happen before or since. I do wonder if whatever these instances were explains my overwhelming fondness for England and Scotland and my desire to "be" British. :)

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com

Kol Drake replied the topic: Deja vu

Your secret is out -- you want to be 'British' so you can be a companion to a Time Lord in a beat up old blue police box.
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katie (StormyKat)

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds