Spirit Animal

• Thank you received: 0

Manus created the topic: Spirit Animal

I noticed the sticky thread on spirit guide but noticed it was 5 years ago so I thought I would start a discussion with similar discussion.

I recently discoverd my spirit animal. A wolf with black fur, blue eyes. Took me a while to find the right time and place to do my journeying. I have been very into the spiritual paths for many years but never had much thought into spirit animals. I believe that everything is made up of energy, as most of you I recon would believe to.

I never understood how our personal energy could be in the form of an animal. If anyone has any theroies on how I would love to hear them.

However over time I started to debate the idea with myself. I have come to an agreement with myself that our energy can manifest into something we have a spiritual connection with. Our personal energy can form into that which we are deeply routed in. For example, if someone loves cats. Now I don't just mean likes cat or had a cat once. I mean someone who has a deep connection. Cares for cats, feels like the can connect, maybe even has some traits or similar attributes as a cat then their spirit animal could be a cat. So basically my theory is that our spirit animal is that which relates to us spiritually. We humans are totaly different from animals.

Animals flow with nature, they just flow... just because it is the nature of them. We humans don't. We constantly resist our nature, and value our identity over just flowing with nature. Thus i believe we aren't simlar to them at all, apart from the few people who do generally become one with nature.

I know im rambling but this is hard to explain in words lol.

So I heard about journeying and finding my animal and I decided to do the journey and see what happens. To my suprise it was one of the most spectacular things I had ever experenced. Like being in a different reality. Like a dream but I knew I was there. I could see tree's a river, I could swear that I felt the wind in my face and the grass on my feet. Following with the guided journey I met my animal. A wolf with black fur. I spoke to it, it spoke back. I could feel the fur on my legs. We just chilled on the grass and had a bit of a cuddle.

When i came out of it, i was amazed. I always loved wolves. I always stop when I see half wolf dogs. I admire their beauty. I had half wolf dogs. I have always felt very connected to wolves but it never occured to me that it would be spiritual. And I never expected it to be black furred. I didn't know there were wolves with black fut.

I never quite got my head around it but now that I have done it, I keep feeling this inner wolf, I feel more intune with my spiritual self.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or theory etc

Blessings, Manus

"We humans fear the beast within the wolf, because we do not understand the beast within ourselves"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Spirit Animal

Yes, some of the stuff is tacked and 'older' but still worth the read.
I randomly go back through all the pages of a topic at times to see what might be of current interest... and to brush up on what others posted at the times. Concepts get polished; times change and the forum has to keep up with the times (and it's students!!!) So, nice to have someone come onboard and toss out topics.. old or new.

To give a standard response re: wolves
The wolf offers some of the most striking animal meanings in the realm of spirit animals. The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections. This animal can also symbolize fear of being threatened and lack of trust. When the wolf shows up in your life, pay attention to what your intuition is telling you.

There is some debate in circles (more shamanistic but... ) which philosophize over -- if the spirit animal is 'just us' -- formed energy given shape by our thoughts, desires, concerns, etc. since they tend to tell us stuff we probably already 'knew' at some level --- but there are those who can also point to times when their spirit guide/animal knows things there is no way they ever knew... so may have 'connections' / links to something 'more'. --- either other intelligent entities in the aethers or 'spirit planes', etc.

Some love their spirit animal and 'see' the reason why they got what they got.
Others... bitch because they got a talking squirrel instead of an American Eagle or dragon or Arctic Wolf. I am of the mind, the one who got the squirrel NEEDED to be tossed a curve ball so they would pay attention instead of 'already knowing' their animal and how the interaction should have been. Instead, they are put on their heels and are more 'open' (after the bitching) to listening to what needs to be heard.

One friend had a fox... who NEVER talked.. but he could tell when it was mad, sad, unimpressed and more... through a kind of non verbal communication. Guides do what they do for a reason... and not talking 'worked' for him... and his 'spirit zone' had some pretty 'not expected' items show over time -- again, to toss enough of a curve ball to say "hey, this is important to pay attention to and this is NOT what you expected so... ".

Anyway... long soapbox ramble... for what was supposed to be a short answer. :lol:

Manus replied the topic: Spirit Animal

Makes a lot of sense, energy forming over our personal thoughts, desires etc. If we can interact with energy, and work with it which I am sure many here do, then it is possible that our energy could form into that which we have a spiritual connection. The quote you put at the top relates quite a lot to myself so maybe by energy manifests that animal I am most like and most connected.

lets hope I don't wake up with furry ears and sharp teeth lol.

"We humans fear the beast within the wolf, because we do not understand the beast within ourselves"

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Spirit Animal

Just don't get caught burying a bone (or a body) in the backyard. :stars

I can try but a wolf will be a wolf right lol

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: Spirit Animal

My spirit animal is a little girl, age 4 or 5. She always has a smirk on her face, and she's a smart ass. But, I love the kid. She often sits on my head and reminds me how to get on track and keeps me focused. She has been a great help to me.

I had not considered spirit animals could be humans, but why not? They are, in fact, animals. haha.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Never thought of it that way before Connor.

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Spirit Animal

As I not yet had the luck to consciously find or know my guide or spiritual animal, if I would need to make a guess, I would go for either a eagle or tiger as those are the two animals I feel most linked to. Maybe because of that whenever I see a cat I need to stop and try to catch her attention. When I’m around cats I do feel at peace and easy. When I visit a zoo I do make sure to see all the compounds which have “cats” and, obviously, I make sure to see the tiger.
Because of that and the experiences I made, I would say that we might find, experience a kind of energetic connection with those creatures.

But then again, also was Kol Drake posted makes sense for me as more often than not we need someone to get us back on the ground! ;)

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 249

Memnoich replied the topic: Spirit Animal

Manus wrote: However over time I started to debate the idea with myself. I have come to an agreement with myself that our energy can manifest into something we have a spiritual connection with. Our personal energy can form into that which we are deeply routed in. For example, if someone loves cats. Now I don't just mean likes cat or had a cat once. I mean someone who has a deep connection. Cares for cats, feels like the can connect, maybe even has some traits or similar attributes as a cat then their spirit animal could be a cat. So basically my theory is that our spirit animal is that which relates to us spiritually. We humans are totaly different from animals.

And for me it was the opposite, I came to the understanding that we make the connection to that animal BECAUSE of our spirit companion. I myself have always had an affinity for wolves, and came to find my spirit companion was a silver/white wolf with Ice blue eyes. He has watched over me for years, as my main companion. Others have come and gone as I needed them during the point in my path that I was at, the strength of the bear, the endurance of the horse, the foresight of the Hawk, but he's been with me throughout it all.
I find that we get what we need, more then what we want, so like Kol said, sometimes it can be an animal that comes along and gives us a kick. We all have a set path when we come into this world, a set goal. We meet with several guides to help us achieve that goal. Once we come into this world, some stay with us to try and prod us along our path, to remind us of why we are here, and to help. Some need stubbornness of an ass to plow through the obstacles, some need the strength of the bear to carry their burdens, others need the silence of the Fox to remind them to stay focused, but we all get what we need to achieve our goal. I have always thought that this, lifelong companion, is the reason we show an affinity for an animal, as well as when the situation arises in our paths, that other animals come and go, to lend their attributes when we need them most.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Spirit Animal

Once again this now raises in me the question what one can do to find out about his guide (spiritual guide, animal guide, guiding angel)?

Two years ago, give or take, I tried to get into contact with mine but haven’t been successful. This might be due to meditation is still difficult for me or maybe it had other reasons!? I don’t know. But so many of you folks here speak of guides as if it would be the most natural and easiest thing to do in this realm, to get into contact and ‘speak’ with your guides.

Last year, during my Feng Shui course, one of my colleagues – who speaks of himself to be a spiritual healer and for sure he has quite some fascinating abilities – gave me the hint that getting into contact with guiding angels should be easier than with spiritual guides and that this is what he would recommend to me to do first. He also told me that he can ‘see’ two angels, one above my head and another one on my right shoulder.
Because of his input I did a little internet research for material of meditations how to get into contact with angels but also how to get into contact with spiritual guides. As I now organised this material a bit and printed it, this is one of the next things I will focus on.

But if someone has useful hints or is willing to share his experiences with me and others, it would be much appreciated. :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds