• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1840

Jax created the topic: Most Benevolent Outcomes for the Jedi Way

Most Benevolent Outcomes for the Jedi Way
A seminar for the 2011 Jedi Gathering. For further information or questions, contact Jax via email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), on Facebook, or at the Institute for Jedi Realist Studies.

Outcomes

As Jedi, many of us strive for benevolent outcomes.  We try to see the bigger picture, to listen to the Force and use that wisdom for the best possible solution.  However, even the wisest of Jedi is a human being with the potential to allow a bias or perception to interfere with their seeing the benevolent solution.  The requesting a benevolent outcome to the situation is a specific technique known as Most Benevolent Outcome (MBO).

As Jedi, we are on a lifelong path to understand and utilize the Force.  To assist us on this path we have tools available to us including meditation, intuition, and energy work, with more to be discovered as we progress.  A Most Benevolent Outcome (MBO) is a tool that absolutely anyone can use, no matter their level of connection to the Force, for anything they can imagine.  It’s also a tool that is in harmony with the Jedi philosophy.

Benevolence

To understand what this means we begin by defining benevolent.  The Webster’s Dictionary defines benevolent as “A kindly disposition to promote happiness and prosperity through good works, or by generosity in and pleasure of doing good works.” When we desire a benevolent outcome we desire an outcome that promotes positivity for everyone involved. 

The process of requesting a Most Benevolent Outcome is taught by Tom T. Moore, author of the book The Gentle Way.  He learned this process through meditations where he spoke with his Guardian Angel, who he calls Theo.  Now, the term Guardian Angel is not critical. We can easily substitute the Force for the term Guardian Angel and have the same results, which is what I will do for the remainder of this document. If you explore Tom’s teachings directly you will find slightly different terminology.

When we request an MBO we are focusing our intent on a specific event, requesting the Force assist us in creating a benevolent outcome for that event.  It may be a small, personal event in our life such as finding our misplaced keys, or it may be a global event such as a natural disaster.  Often we are requesting assistance because we recognize we are unable to resolve the event on our own and want the greater wisdom and resources the Force can provide.

MBO Format

The MBO technique has a simple format. “I request a Most Benevolent Outcome for _____. Thank you.” Fill in that blank with whatever you’d like help with.  The thank you is not required, but it is beneficial as it puts you in a mindset of gratitude before receiving the solution, increasing the positive energy and intent behind your request. 

There are a few guidelines for requesting MBOs. First, they are used to request something for you. If you want to request a benevolent outcome for someone else there is a slightly different format and the tool is called a Benevolent Prayer. The format for a Benevolent Prayer (BP) is similar to an MBO. “I ask for a most benevolent outcome for ____ .” Be sure to mention who and what you are requesting.

The second guideline is to practice often. Start with small requests with rapid feedback potential.  Tom recommends requesting close parking spaces at busy places.  Request clear, smooth traffic on your way to a destination.  Request a clear checkout lane at the grocery store. Get creative.  This will build your confidence and keep you out of the way for the bigger requests such as for a job or health resolution. 

Third, make your request either out loud or in writing.  The reason for this is that we live in a physical world so we need to take physical action.  Whispering is acceptable if you aren’t in a situation where you can speak normally.  Be mindful - the more energy you put behind the request, the more momentum you put into the resolution of the request, reinforcing it. 

If you’d like to increase the potential outcome of your MBO request, add the phrase “...and may it be greater than I can imagine or expect.” to your request.  Often we are set on one or two possible outcomes, creating a block toward the outcome that is best for us. Adding this phrase removes this block, allowing you to bypass the limitations you have in your own mind.

Examples

One common request in life is for money.  Tom has found that requesting money in general isn’t very effective because it is too vague.  For better results you should for a specific amount for a specific purpose. For instance, request an MBO for $_ to pay for a car repair.  Also, consider asking for what you need the money for.  You may find it comes into your life without cost.

MBOs can be used in all areas of life.  Here are some common examples.

When driving: “I request a most benevolent outcome for smooth, safe traffic on my way to ___. Thank you.”

When going to the doctor: “I request a most benevolent outcome for a fast appointment, with an accurate diagnosis.  Thank you.”

At work: “I request a most benevolent outcome to my project assignments so they support my career and life goals.  Thank you.”

Use your imagination to request MBOs in all aspects of daily life. This is true even on the Jedi Path. There are many ways to use an MBO to increase the quality of your practice.

For increased Force Connection: “I request a most benevolent outcome to increase my conscious connection to the Force in a way that I can easily recognize.  Thank you.”

For meditation: “I request a most benevolent outcome for a beneficial meditation where I receive any messages clearly. Thank you.”

For teaching: “I request a most benevolent outcome for teaching this lesson, that I choose the best words for my student. Thank you.”

For pending natural disasters: “I request a most benevolent outcome for my house to be kept safe during this storm. Thank you.”

For the aftermath of a disaster: “I ask for a most benevolent outcome for those who are affected by the ____ (fill in disaster) in ___. Thank you.”  You may also include statements requesting healing energy be sent to them, assistance to keep them safe, etc.

Form a Good Habit

It may take a little time to get used to requesting MBOs.  Set reminders for yourself. Once you get into the habit you’ll find yourself requesting MBOs for all areas of your life and path, as well as teaching others. Reading of other’s success can be beneficial. I recommend Tom’s blog which is published weekly with examples submitted by his readers.  www.gentlewaybook.com/blog

Final Thoughts

A benevolent outcome can be requested for anything.  Don’t be afraid to ask for miracles. The key is to be patient and focused.  If you request a new job, for instance, it may take quite some time for the Force to line things up for you. As an example, another person may need to get a new job first to create an opening for you.  Just be patient and trust the Force is acting in a benevolent way for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loremaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brandel Valico
  • CARPE NOCTEM
  • Thank you received: 90

Brandel Valico replied the topic: Re: Most Benevolent Outcomes for the Jedi Way

While I understand the concept offered here. It is a simple enough manipulation of energy on a sliding scale based on what the person doing so is seeking to have happen.

I'm curious why you would do this. I fully admit that I ask do to my own views and understand that those views and concepts only apply to myself for this discussion. My issue is that this seems to be a subtle form of selfish manipulation of the energy around us. I know the method can and will work no argument there. I guess it is just that I'm curious why instead of seeking to adapt that energy to the goal the user wants. Instead you could ask (using a few of the examples given in the seminar) that instead of the outcome being brought forth from the outside altering of the energy. That you yourself be changed to form the needed outcome.

When driving: “I request a most benevolent outcome for smooth, safe traffic on my way to ___. Thank you.”

Adjust my driving habits as needed to accomplish a smooth, safe flow of traffic on my way to _____.

The difference is small but important do to my views of selfish and selfless, The quoted request doesn't note that it should be you who is adjusted instead it makes the adjustment over everything. The issue is the same as adjusting weather. When you adjust the flow of traffic in one spot it effects the flow everywhere near by as well. Instead you should seek to adjust your own driving to fit into the flow.

When going to the doctor: “I request a most benevolent outcome for a fast appointment, with an accurate diagnosis.  Thank you.”

See above about adjusting the flow of energy. Speeding up your appointment may cause the doctor to miss something in a previous appointment to accomplish what you have asked for. Now if your simply asking that your own appointment be quick and accurate. The issue changes subtly, to only risking the doctor. Life is set to flow at certain speeds. Adjusting the flow of another person adjusts them for roughly a few hours to a few days depending on the person. Your adjusting him to be accurate and quick in your own appointment while generally flow over to others afterwards in a negative way as his natural flow will seek to balance itself back to its natural speed by decreasing those aspects slightly in all further moments until he is brought back to natural.

At work: “I request a most benevolent outcome to my project assignments so they support my career and life goals.  Thank you.”

Why not ask that you be changed to fit the needs of the projects. This request above could adjust the career path of others to accomplish what you wish for. Instead asking that you be changed to be what is needed to achieve those goals is while still possibly disruptive to others will be less so.

For increased Force Connection: “I request a most benevolent outcome to increase my conscious connection to the Force in a way that I can easily recognize.  Thank you.”

This one is more along the right path. As it is directed internally more then externally in it's tone and directions.

For meditation: “I request a most benevolent outcome for a beneficial meditation where I receive any messages clearly. Thank you.”

Again like the one above this. Internal change.

For teaching: “I request a most benevolent outcome for teaching this lesson, that I choose the best words for my student. Thank you.”

See the difference in this request from the none Jedi ones. Here you ask that you choose the best word for your student. It's an internal change. If you had asked "I request a most benevolent outcome for teaching this lesson , that the student(s) understand it" I would be pointing out that this left open the energy affecting them.

For pending natural disasters: “I request a most benevolent outcome for my house to be kept safe during this storm. Thank you.”

Altering the flow of external energy to affect your home this way could endanger others. Your house is not something to seek to keep safe over the home of another. It's a selfish request.

For the aftermath of a disaster: “I ask for a most benevolent outcome for those who are affected by the ____ (fill in disaster) in ___. Thank you.”  You may also include statements requesting healing energy be sent to them, assistance to keep them safe, etc.

Why not ask that you are put or used in the most beneficial way to help those affected as well as the above? A good request still though.

Let me say again I'm asking this due to my own views on this. I understand they are my views only. Just curious why you view the methods mentioned in the seminar as valid. Is it a trust that the guiding spirit wont harm others without justified need to benefit you?

Now that isn't to say the methods don't work. They will and the practices given also will. I just suggest its better to seek internal change to accomplish the same tasks. Over seeking external results to fit what you wish to have happen.

HOMO SUM HUMANI A ME NIHIL ALIENUM PUTO

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Most Benevolent Outcomes for the Jedi Way

I'm still at work, but I'll post a little bit of a reply now.

First off, the key is benevolent. While yes, by definition it is selfish because you are requesting something for you, nothing can happen without everyone else's agreement. Therefor there is no negative karmic impact, so to speak. That's the power of MBOs. Even if you requested something negative it wouldn't happen because it wouldn't be benevolent. 

Adjust my driving habits as needed to accomplish a smooth, safe flow of traffic on my way to _____.

This is a good thing to request, but it won't do anything for the traffic ahead of you. 

The issue is the same as adjusting weather. When you adjust the flow of traffic in one spot it effects the flow everywhere near by as well. Instead you should seek to adjust your own driving to fit into the flow.

If you request a benevolent outcome for the weather, everyone has to agree to it at the soul level. If they do, you'll see an improvement. People have used this to minimize damage from natural disaster with success.  You'll find examples in his blog. For the traffic, again it can only happen if it's benevolent. Therefore by requesting smooth traffic everyone else benefits as well.

Speeding up your appointment may cause the doctor to miss something in a previous appointment to accomplish what you have asked for. Now if your simply asking that your own appointment be quick and accurate. The issue changes subtly, to only risking the doctor. Life is set to flow at certain speeds. Adjusting the flow of another person adjusts them for roughly a few hours to a few days depending on the person. Your adjusting him to be accurate and quick in your own appointment while generally flow over to others afterwards in a negative way as his natural flow will seek to balance itself back to its natural speed by decreasing those aspects slightly in all further moments until he is brought back to natural.

Word choice is important, which is why I didn't say a fast appointment, but an accurate one as well. Also, if it isn't benevolent for the doctor to move faster than they are, it won't happen. But it may produce a benefit such as allowing the doctor to arrive on time instead of late. It may keep all of his patients on time that day, allowing our visit to be on time and not run late. Everyone benefits.  That's why the benevolence is key.

Why not ask that you be changed to fit the needs of the projects. This request above could adjust the career path of others to accomplish what you wish for. Instead asking that you be changed to be what is needed to achieve those goals is while still possibly disruptive to others will be less so.

If that's what you want, that's fine. It's just an example. Again, if it isn't benevolent for everyone it will not occur. Therefore there is no danger.

Altering the flow of external energy to affect your home this way could endanger others. Your house is not something to seek to keep safe over the home of another. It's a selfish request.

It could only endanger someone else if they allowed it to occur at the soul level. Otherwise it wouldn't. This isn't like a spell where you have to balance everything, it's co-creation with a very specific benevolent intent. It can only occur if it is truly benevolent for everyone. But, there are also many options available and the most benevolent one of those will be what occurs - including destroying your home. It may be necessary for you to undergo that life lesson, and request an MBO will not take away that experience.

Why not ask that you are put or used in the most beneficial way to help those affected as well as the above?

Sure, why not? I can only put so many examples into one document before it gets incredibly redundant. It all depends on what your intent is.

There are many ways to word things. You can choose internal or external focus, depending on each individual situation. you'll see examples of both on the weekly blog. Part of experimenting is figuring out what works best for you. 

• Brandel Valico
  • CARPE NOCTEM

Thank you Jax, So it for the most part is simply my own view that makes this seem negative to me. The Benevolent concept of co-creation on the soul level is an interesting concept. It requires the belief in that concept to make it work which I don't share , but it does clear up how those who do would consider this a valid and useful method. As well as how it could be as well.

Hmm.. not a spell? I'll leave that for those who know more about those concepts then me. I'll just say I disagree.

Still you have given me alot to think about. Thank you again.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Actually, it doesn't require a belief in it being a co-creation to work, that's kind of the cool part. ;-) And I'll share some examples of how it did and didn't work for me. Or more correctly, how I requested things in such a way that it couldn't work benevolently, and thus didn't give me the outcome I desired. I'll also try to explain why I view it differently as a spell (and you may still disagree, which is fine. It's a word choice that may only matter to me. lol) But that's all for when I'm not at work and scrambling to complete things before I leave for the weekend.  And hopefully Riddlenox and Phoenix will chime in with their experiences...

• Brandel Valico
  • CARPE NOCTEM

Not the Co-creation part but the Soul Level part and the concept of Guiding Spirits part is what I don't share. (Thats a whole different discussion though LOL) That belief is the limiting or focusing lens to the energy that is used to direct it. My lack of that belief is where without that inhibitor or focusing lens to direct my usage of the energy the issue arises.

I've never considered that a Religious or Spiritual belief system could be used as a universal filter to ones use of such things. A limited filter to be sure. But not a universal sub-conscious one. It's an interesting concept I'm gonna be mulling over.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I wrote this specifically from a non-being perspective because it isn't required. Besides, even if I said guardian angel throughout, people have their own perspectives on what that means. It's really too much to get into which is why Tom has many newsletters devoted to learning more.  It's there for those interested, but not necessary.  If you are simply open to the idea that your requests are going out into the Force and that most benevolent outcome is being orchestrated between people, that is enough. 

This is a completely non-religious tool by the way. The term angel is not religious in practice, but it has been co-opted by religions and then imbued with their beliefs. In everything I've read there's no religion involved. No dogma, no human beliefs projected (beyond subconscious filters which are present no matter who does the channeling). I struggle with the term myself because of all of the religious baggage that goes along with it. Sometimes it's easier to just say GA and focus on the reality (as I understand it) and leave the rest of the human interpretation at the door. ;-)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I'm going to share a bit more since I have a little downtime at work. First, my first confirmed MBO success.  It was back in March.

Friday I had my day completely destroyed by learning I had made a mistake the previous week and had to correct it immediately and get the shipment out for Australia by the end of the day so they'd have it Tuesday (their time) to process.  This isn't a lot of time.  As the day went on I was starting to worry.  As I got to the end of the day I knew my file wouldn't complete copying to the disk until about 545pm. DHL comes whenever they come between 5 and 6 and he had called around 530 to alert shipping he was on his way.  I was racing the clock.  So I asked, twice actually using different wording, for the most benevolent outcome for this shipment.  I ended up getting the disk down there at 550, just moments before DHL arrived, after agreeing to wait for this last shipment.  The reason this all worked out?  Right when I said my benevolent prayer (BP) the signal light broke.  On top of that, other cars weren't letting the driver through.  He sat at that light for 20 minutes, giving me the time I needed to complete the shipment.  Right after he left the light was fixed so no one else had to experience delays.  Beyond that, the driver was on overtime so he earned a little extra cash which he very much needed but didn't ask for.  If I hadn't asked for my MBO (most benevolent outcome) he wouldn't have gotten his overtime.  So this was a super benevolent outcome in my mind. lol    On my way out of the office to rush home I said a ton of thank yous as I felt so much relief having it all work out.  If it hadn't I would have been ok but I am very appreciative for the help. :-)

I forgot to add that T (Carrie's guide) said I shouldn't expect help all the time, but that I did get some this time.  I understand that help isn't always appropriate (hence the benevolence part) and won't be using it to just bail me out of my own mistakes. It's not an easy button. It is a tool however and one I appreciate and respect.

Here's another example from April. I'm choosing ones I wrote up already because of my time constraints.

I've been asking for benevolent outcomes for about two months now.  I'm still learning how and what to ask for, but I'm getting there.  I'm sure my guardian angels and guides giggle at my ramblings at times just like an adult giggles at a little kid getting twisted up in their words when they learn to use sentences.  I don't mind as long as I'm understood. :-)

Yesterday is a good example of why patience, faith, and then a willingness to see the benevolent outcome are key to have success.  Carrie's migraine spiked to the worst it had been.  She had tunnel vision, threw up twice, and spent plenty of time just curled into a ball trying to keep the pain bearable.  We called the doctor and then went to urgent care.

The doctor at urgent care was more conservative than we'd prefer, but she did provide phenergan for nausea and morphine for pain.  It wasn't enough morphine however and she was still in massive amounts of pain.  While waiting to see how much it would kick in she had a seizure.  I didn't tell the doctor right away, assuming she wouldn't do anything or she'd insisting on calling 911.  But then I was told to get her.  She did want an ambulance but I convinced her not to.  Then she agreed to provide ativan which would calm everything down.  She gave a large dose which was the key to the benevolent outcome.  The combination of morphine and ativan gave her the relief she needed to go home and get some sleep.  It was the best combination we could get to break the migraine and get her finally healing.

Normally I wouldn't consider a seizure a most benevolent outcome.  But on this day it was because it provided the medicine she needed for the migraine.  The doctor was not going to prescribe anything else without that seizure.  This reminds me to stop viewing things from a purely human perspective, trust the beings who are doing their best to help us, and be patient enough to see the results.  Outcomes to even bad situations are far more benevolent than people realize.

And, a week after that, we had a follow-up.

After the migraine broke to some extent, the pain in Carrie's neck increased.  This is treated by nerve blocks which apparently decided to start wearing off the second we got other things under control.  We were unable to get into the doctor in spite of requesting mbo's.  We weren't sure how to get her help after two days of increasing pain.  Then she had a seizure that dislocated her arm. I actually said out loud, "how is this ***ing benevolent?!" Then my wife's guide told me that it was exactly what she needed.  Now we could go to the ER with a valid reason (ensuring it was back in place, which it wasn't) and could get treatment for the other pain as well.  I was reminded of the lesson of last week (written above).  We went to the ER where the doctor was very understanding and helpful. She not only got treatment she learned a new technique to put her arm back into socket in a more gentle manner!  The treatment was truly more than we could imagine!  We're still waiting for her doctor appointment to solve the pain problem.  I assume there just isn't anyone willing to cancel their appointment so she can get into the doctor sooner which may prevent the outcome we desire.  We'll keep working on it though.

I hope this helps fill in some of the gaps that come from summarizing the technique initially.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

This example isn't mine, but I was involved in helping Icarus figure out how to work this one out, so I'll share it as well. 

I told her about MBO's multiple times but it took many discussions to help her release her issues which may be interfering. One issue was the idea of not deserving it. Another was the idea that she had to work to get money.  After our discussions to shift her energy toward money she received the answer to her MBO request just a day later!  Out of the blue, a person they loaned money to a while back contacted them and paid back the loan.  The woman even said she just had a nudge to pay them back. My friend is now a firm believer in MBOs!

Since this I know she's had success with finding bedroom furniture for the boys (free) and had a really good surgery. I believe it's helped her be less stressed about things in life as well, but don't want to speak for her.

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 249

Memnoich replied the topic: Most Benevolent Outcomes for the Jedi Way

MBO's are simply a way to focus energy towards a goal, that is the Most Benevolent outcome for ALL involved. The biggest thing I've seen about Tom's articles, is that most people only see how it benefits them, to alot of people its the belief that it is Help me out outcomes, instead of aligning things for a Most Benevolent outcome. Let me share one of mine to illustrate:

MBO ALTHOUGH IT DID NOT SEEM SO

I wanted to share this with you and your reader’s; I hope it conveys an understanding to them that I got living through it.

While this happened before I knew about MBO’s, I thought I’d share this, to help remind others what an MBO is, a Most Beneficial Outcome. It was January 2000, I was just a month away from getting out of the Service. I had been out with friends playing pool, no drinking involved, and had stopped at a Jack in the Box on the way back to post for a midnight snack; ok it was 1am, but close enough. I was sitting in the drive through, waiting for my order, when a friend of mine drove past. I got my food, and was back on the road within about 5 minutes of my friend, having seen no other traffic pass.

I got about 2 blocks away from Jack in the Box, eaten about 3 fries, when I noticed something in the middle of the road, a 3-phase Generator Motor. I swerved to try and avoid it, but caught it with the driver’s side, flipping my truck and kicking the motor about 15 feet. I came down on the passenger side, and slid sideways, finally coming to a stop across both lanes of traffic. I took off my seatbelt and crawled out. Traffic came up, and I got one of them to call the police. After they showed up, I got my truck towed, and caught a ride from my girlfriend. I got checked out the next day, and all I really had were some muscle spasms in my back, that were quickly taken care of with a shot, and a few painkillers for the stiffness. All in all, I was lucky.

Now after reading this, you might be asking yourself how this was an MBO? First, I was looking at selling my truck, because I didn’t want to have to tow it home after I got out of the service. When the insurance got done, they totaled the truck, and gave me pretty much the amount I was looking at selling the truck for. Plus I worked out a deal with them to get a rental car, later in the month, when I would need it for hopping around post to take care of my paperwork needed to get out.

Second, and the biggest one to me, when I pulled out of Jack in the Box, there were about 10-12 cars line up at a red light, that had turned green just before I hit the motor. As I was not speeding, I was going the same speed they would have been, except I was by myself. Had I not hit the motor, then the first car in line would have, and would have ended up hitting the car next to it, and cause a major, multiple car accident, causing a lot more serious injuries then I had suffered. This could have been really bad for those drivers, but since I was by myself, it was only a minor accident.

So basically what I’m trying to convey in this story is that, MBO’s are about the Most Beneficial Outcome, sometimes, it’s not exactly what you think it should be. Sometimes, something has to happen to you, to help others out, because if it happens to you, it more Beneficial then it happening to someone else.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds