A Brief Introduction

• Steven Newport
  • Steven Newport's Avatar Topic Author
  • The Truth is Out There
  • Thank you received: 3

Steven Newport created the topic: A Brief Introduction

Good Morning y'all,

My name's Steve and I have loved Star Wars since I was a little little kid. I think having that influence from early on played a part in my never feeling totally comfortable with any major religions. I studied and learned about many different religious beliefs, going back 20 years now. I would find bits and pieces I liked here and there, but nothing that fit quite right for me. One day I saw a book on Amazon called "The Dharma of Star Wars" and I was intrigued so I had it sent to me in Iraq. As I read it, it felt as though I had finally found what I was looking for. After doing some personal learning here and there over the last couple years I feel like it's time to give it more attention.

Heres a few random fun facts about me. I'm a stay at home Dad and disabled Vet. It's nice, I get to spend time with my daughter now, when she still likes me. I love the outdoors and especially camping and fishing. I'm a bit of a jack-of-all type, I know a little bit about a whole lot of topics. I consider myself a bit of a pirate (the freedoms and the pirattitude, not the robbing or murdering parts) even though I grew up and live again in a land locked state and my biggest fear is being attacked by a shark. Also, for the last almost 4 years I've been a hermit, barely leaving my house except when absolutely necessary. I'm working on over coming that.

So, there's a little insight into me and my life. I look forward to getting to know many of you and also more about myself.

Have a great day,
Steve

Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think.

SteveRodgers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1481

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: A Brief Introduction

Hey there Steven,

first of all, welcome to the IJRS! As You might have seen already we offer some self-paced training and I do hope that this will help You to understand yourself and your path better.
Whenever You feel ready, feel free to start your work on the Introduction Course and I will meet You there as one of the guides through this course.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds