A Brief Introduction

• Steven Newport
  • Steven Newport's Avatar Topic Author
  • The Truth is Out There
  • Thank you received: 4

Steven Newport created the topic: A Brief Introduction

Good Morning y'all,

My name's Steve and I have loved Star Wars since I was a little little kid. I think having that influence from early on played a part in my never feeling totally comfortable with any major religions. I studied and learned about many different religious beliefs, going back 20 years now. I would find bits and pieces I liked here and there, but nothing that fit quite right for me. One day I saw a book on Amazon called "The Dharma of Star Wars" and I was intrigued so I had it sent to me in Iraq. As I read it, it felt as though I had finally found what I was looking for. After doing some personal learning here and there over the last couple years I feel like it's time to give it more attention.

Heres a few random fun facts about me. I'm a stay at home Dad and disabled Vet. It's nice, I get to spend time with my daughter now, when she still likes me. I love the outdoors and especially camping and fishing. I'm a bit of a jack-of-all type, I know a little bit about a whole lot of topics. I consider myself a bit of a pirate (the freedoms and the pirattitude, not the robbing or murdering parts) even though I grew up and live again in a land locked state and my biggest fear is being attacked by a shark. Also, for the last almost 4 years I've been a hermit, barely leaving my house except when absolutely necessary. I'm working on over coming that.

So, there's a little insight into me and my life. I look forward to getting to know many of you and also more about myself.

Have a great day,
Steve

Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think.

SteveRodgers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio), Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1489

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: A Brief Introduction

Hey there Steven,

first of all, welcome to the IJRS! As You might have seen already we offer some self-paced training and I do hope that this will help You to understand yourself and your path better.
Whenever You feel ready, feel free to start your work on the Introduction Course and I will meet You there as one of the guides through this course.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Nick
  • Falling is part of the journey
  • Thank you received: 178

Nick replied the topic: A Brief Introduction

Welcome, hermit Steven! :-D And thank you for your service!

Glad to have you here. This is a great place to learn your Jedi Path. Enjoy yourself!

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

--Mahatma Gandhi

• Thank you received: 1900

Jax replied the topic: A Brief Introduction

Hi Steven, sorry for the delayed response. The Jedi path certainly offers tools that can help you leave the house more. Glad to have you here.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds