New here and to Jediism in general.

• Onllwyn Ashbender
  • Onllwyn Ashbender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 21

Onllwyn Ashbender created the topic: New here and to Jediism in general.

Hello all.

I discovered Jediism was a thing a little over 3 weeks ago when I stumbled into the Temple of the Jedi Order. I saw how much it was like me and my approach to life, and I felt closer to finding my spiritual "thing" than ever before.

Now that I know it's a thing, and it fits me well, I've begun to explore all I can. That's when I found this site. Now I'm trying to learn all I can about Jediism and about where the best place for me will be.

I'm nearly 50 and it's taken me this long, so I'm not going to rush it more. I want to make sure I've found what I think I've found and the right place to be from there.

O.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake replied the topic: New here and to Jediism in general.

Welcome!

You may find each 'affilitate' of Jedi tends to approach things -- well, some differently while touching on similar concepts. Some treat Jediism as a religion. Others, as a Life Choice Goal. Still others, as a clearing house for several philosophies and ideas that seem to 'feel Jedi like'. You are most welcome to check out the IJRS library (many early works there from folks who have since moved on to their own Jedi themed sites) and our own forum -- which has plenty to consider if you dig back a couple layers deep on the posts.

I was just about 21 when the first Star Wars movie came out. I started researching "What makes a Jedi a Jedi" and "What is the Force" when I was in my 40s. I've spent my mid 50s through early 60s here at the IJRS teaching young and 'older' alike. We are a pretty 'age diverse' gang here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onllwyn Ashbender

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: New here and to Jediism in general.

Welcome! I got your email and replied to you. We have set this up as self paced for many reasons. Hopefully you'll find i works for you. :-)

• Thank you received: 96

Hilda Cain replied the topic: New here and to Jediism in general.

Hi, I am new here too. The people are super nice. Enjoy! I hope you find what you seek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onllwyn Ashbender

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds