Hi everyone

• Ralph Erdle
  • Ralph Erdle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Ralph Erdle created the topic: Hi everyone

Good day everyone!
I come from a buddhist background.. I was raised in a non-religious, almost anti-religious, family and my mother urged me to "find my own path". At a very young age I started looking into Christianity, Paganism, and many other ways of life that might benefit me. And at the age of 16 I found my place in Buddhism, Even my father has been ordained as a monk in the tradition of Thich nhat hanh.
Meditation, Compassion, Self Development and finding Joy, Meaning and Truth within the self pretty much sums up my life.

Many years before that I discovered Star Wars and also noted the philosophic wisdom of the jedi.
I could easily compare yoda with a zen master and many years later when I heard about the rise of Jediism, I was'nt surprised at all. And I wanted to know more so I became a member back then of the TOTJF.
Dispite all this I do not consider myself a huge fan, ok I did once create my own pazaak deck, and a holocron, I can immitate yoda.. oh nevermind ;)

Anyhow my real name is Ralph, 38 years old and I live close to Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
I love the outdoors, creativity, wild camping and fitness
Glad I found this website, Thankfull for all the articles, and it would be an honor to be part of it's community! And I would love to study here with you.

MTFBWY- Kaladin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1826

Kol Drake replied the topic: Hi everyone

Welcome!

Over the years, many have 'found' that the Jedi philosophy tends to parallel -- and sometimes, downright copy -- the philosophies of OUR world. That is as it should be. ALL religions have a smattering of THE TRUTH; so, we 'borrow' from what is deemed 'the best of the truths'.

I have to admit -- Yoda can get pretty 'zen master-ish' at times. Not certain if that is just due to the lines he says or if it's because he's a puppet (or CGI -- depending on the movie episode!). Puppet or Pixels, the TRUTHS are still just as valid though, imo.

Poke about. ASK QUESTIONS. Don't be afraid to jump into new or very old discussion threads. (Those older ones need the dust knocked off anyway!!!). While this place may SEEM ghost town-ish -- many check in daily if not weekly to add to our wisdom base.

May the Force be with you -- and, welcome...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph Erdle

• Ralph Erdle
  • Ralph Erdle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Ralph Erdle replied the topic: Hi everyone

TRUTH!
I tried to find it in books, self development videos, in love, in religions both active and ancient since I was 16.
Only recently I discovered that the truth cannot be given from an outside source, that (my) truth can only be found by looking deep within.
Guess that makes me half way there.

If it benefits the human race, let them copy :) Information should be shared.
I already learned alot the last couple of days, read many practical articles, I don't care if it's copied from 3000 years old manuscripts or if someone wrote it online.

Yoda's quotes inspired me as a kid.. "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" later on when I studied Buddhism that is exactly what I did. Non-attachment truly is a skill worth striving for.
I noticed that it was pretty quiet here and that's why I liked it to be honest :) Quiet and alot of information to absorb.. Like a cozy library nowadays hahaha. I think I'll fit right in.

Thank you so much for the welcome.
MTFBWY - Kaladin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1840

Jax replied the topic: Hi everyone

Welcome Ralph, glad you found us. It's always interesting how different paths parallel. I hope you find some things of value here for your path. :-)

• Thank you received: 239

Baru replied the topic: Hi everyone

Welcome,
I studied Buddhism for many years as well.
What do you hope to learn or experience through your studies?

We are the Force.

• Thank you received: 1424

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Hi everyone

Welcome Ralph and sorry for my late reply. I'm still in the process of recovering from a shoulder surgery which made it difficult for me to check the board in the last couple of weeks.
However be welcomed and should there be anything with what we can help, don't hesitate to shoot out a question. For now I'm looking forward to what we can share with each other. :meditate

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds