Hey, I'm back :)

• Thank you received: 22

Adastrea created the topic: Hey, I'm back :)

A lot of has happened from the last time I was here so I wanted to reintroduce myself. My name is Adastrea. I'm a very curious creature. I love to learn and I strive to understand whatever holds my interest so I know a little about a lot. I've tried to find a hobby I feel passionate about but I just love trying so many different things. I think the closest to a passion would be volleyball. If I could play volleyball everyday, I would. I enjoy developing deep emotional connections with people and love making friends who feel the same. I appreciate when people communicate honestly with me, even if it hurts, so I in turn try to be straight forward. Small talk bores me but I struggle with breaking through it when I first meet someone so I go along with it so I appreciate when people ask questions they truly want to know. I work as a Veterinary Technician and I still love what I do. I love most things nature related but I hate being cold. I'm a homebody that loves to go out and try new things. I live to pursue whatever feeds my soul and I strive to encourage those around me to do the same. I was with Chicago Jedi for a little less than a year but had to take a step back due to personal reasons. It's been 3 years since I left but I have reached out to them and have started going to their meet ups again. Angelus has said that it wouldn't be a problem to do these online courses and theirs when the time comes since they are complimentary. I think in the long run it would be beneficial to have both, I feel it will provide me a larger pool of resources, but I'm open to hear any other thoughts on that matter. Anyway, I'm glad to be back. I've missed the community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: Hey, I'm back :)

Welcome back. I'm glad you reached out and reconnected with your local Jedi and us. You should have a chat with Stormykat. You have a lot of similarities and are in the same area of the country. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adastrea

• Thank you received: 1415

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Hey, I'm back :)

Before I read Jax’s comment, I had the same thought that it might be interesting for You to talk to Stormykat.
As for the rest, welcome back and I’m pretty sure that You not only will find it to be so but that it actually is that way that more resources are beneficial for You and your personal Path. There are so many things from so many person which we can learn that it would be stupid to limit oneself to just a single resource.
So, once again, welcome back and I’m looking forward to what we can share with each other.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Adastrea replied the topic: Re:Hey, I'm back :)

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I talked to Stormykat for a little bit the last time I was here and we did have quite a bit in common. It'll would be nice to catch up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 488

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Hey, I'm back :)

Welcome Back! I am so glad I finally clicked the link Jax sent me!

I have had a hard time getting involved with Chicago Jedi in person, partially because of schedules. They tend to do things on Saturdays when I am working, or too late on Thursday nights for me. I also have a hard time balancing my life in general.

See you around!

Katie

Adastrea replied the topic: Re:RE: Hey, I'm back :)

Katie (StormyKat) wrote: Welcome Back! I am so glad I finally clicked the link Jax sent me!

I have had a hard time getting involved with Chicago Jedi in person, partially because of schedules. They tend to do things on Saturdays when I am working, or too late on Thursday nights for me. I also have a hard time balancing my life in general.

See you around!

Katie

I'm glad to hear from you :)

I have a bit more flexible schedule now so I hope I can make it to more events. I just finished signing up to the Great Lakes Regional in March, not sure what to expect but I'm hoping for the best. It's nice to know that they usually meet every 3rd Tuesday of the month so I can try to request the day off in advance and I can pick up another shift instead of using vacation time. I'll most likely make it to all of those, hope to get to meet you in person sometime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds