Hello

• Finn Daffron
  • Finn Daffron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Finn Daffron created the topic: Hello

Greetings. My name is Finn Daffron and I am relatively new to the formal Jedi community, but I've been interested in the real life applications of the Force and the Jedi Code since I first saw A New Hope at age six or seven (not in the theater, I was born in 1999). When the adults told me that the Force wasn't real, I listened instead to Obi-Wan and Yoda's advice to trust in my feelings that said, "don't listen to them." About two or three years ago, I started searching for groups. I found TOTJO, which I am also registered on their forums, but they are too much like a Christian church for my tastes. I also found Real Jedi Knights, but they remind me too much of the Post-Ruusan Reformation Jedi Order (you know, the one you see in the prequels). I think they want to base themselves off of that philosophy, but in my opinion, the Post-Ruusan Jedi Order was one of the most flawed systems in all of Star Wars. It was what allowed Anakin to turn to the Dark Side. But this forum reminds me more of the Old Republic Jedi before the Ruusan Reformations (for example the Knights of the Old Republic Games), who I thought were a really good basis for a philosophy. The difference between the two being that before the Ruusan Reformations, Jedi had the freedom to have a life and study the Force outside of their assigned Jedi duties. However, after the Ruusan Reformations, Jedi were recalled to the Temple and forced to live a rigid, regimented live with little freedom. I could write a book on this, but I'm not going to because this is an introduction. Another good Jedi philosophy is that of Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order (Legends), but I just don't know as much about it as the Old, pre-Ruusan Jedi Order.

So my personal Jedi study is that of a Jedi Consular with leanings in Force healing, mental manipulation, and diplomacy. This is because I do not believe in violence, both because I believe it is wrong, and because it creates problems for the person acting in defense of themself or another person. They could have to go to court or just have to deal with psychological repercussions of their actions if they kill someone, or if they don't, they could still face shame or suffer more minor psychological trauma. In order to further my study, I work with two hours of meditation, Reiki study, and tai chi everyday, in addition to reading books on diplomacy, etiquette, and social interaction and psychology. Though I do not believe in violence, I am studying the Japanese martial art Kenpo in order to be able to defend myself in a street situation. Outside of class, I do forty-five minutes of practice every day with weapons practice with knives and sticks mixed in.

I am a follower of the Living Force philosophy and a student of the teachings of Qui-Gon Jinn, Martin Luther King Jr., Revan (both light and dark, with caution), Bastila Shan, Mikao Usui, Albert Einstein, Socrates, Aristotle, Cornelius Agrippa, Gandhi, Yuon Par, Satele Shan, the Guatama Buddha, Noah Levine, Yoda, Mace Windu, Sun Tzu, Opie McLeod, Thich Nhat Hanh, Brad Warner, Bruce Lee, Jhoon Goo Rhee, and Miyamoto Musashi.

My master, though he hates that title, is named Spencer Bolejack.

May the Force be with you

- Finn Daffron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Hello

Welcome Finn! Thank you for the introduction. I'd like you to consider writing more about your thoughts on the different eras of the fictional Jedi and post them in the forum. I'm sure others will find them interesting.

Where did you meet Spencer? On one of the forums or offline?

• Thank you received: 1444

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Hello

First of all also a warm welcome from my side.
Secondly I would like to underline what Jax said and kindly ask You to write more about your thoughts and takes on the fictional Jedi Order pre and post Ruusan.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Finn Daffron
  • Finn Daffron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Finn Daffron replied the topic: Hello

Spencer is not a Jedi by identification. Actually, he's a pretty loose Christian. However, he does share a lot of the same beliefs, practices, skills, and teachings, like meditation, martial arts, Force abilities, and such. But I still consider him my Jedi master because even though he's not a Jedi, he's my teacher in the ways of the Force. I'm open to having a Jedi master who is a Jedi, or performing a Concordance of Fealty with another Jedi. I would, however, need to get to know the person a little better before I could make a commitment.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1892

Kol Drake replied the topic: Hello

Welcome!

We learn from many sources. Some may be 'more Jedi' than any with a declared Jedi title. Teachers are where we find them (or need them.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds