Hello

• Andy
  • Andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Be A Knight
  • Thank you received: 25

Andy created the topic: Hello

Hello everyone. My name is Andy. I’m not new, but I have been absent for a long while.

I don’t consider myself Jedi any longer, but I find myself being drawn back to the halls I once walked. It kind of becomes a part of your identity after years of practice.

I may not be a Jedi any longer but i have years of experience with it and am willing to share any insites I have found along the way. I feel like the Jedi is a good starting point for defining a spirituality that is lacking in the world today. I offer what ever guidance I can both as a former Jedi and as someone who has found spirituality beyond it.

All the best.

A wise man will not leave the right to the mercy of chance, nor wish it to prevail through the power of the majority. There is but little virtue in the action of masses of men.

-Henry David Thoreau
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Johannes (Yoshio)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1785

Jax replied the topic: Re:Hello

Welcome back Andy. I am curious what it is about Jedi you don’t identify with anymore. Do you mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Andy
  • Andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Be A Knight
  • Thank you received: 25

Andy replied the topic: Re:Hello

There are a multitude of reasons. Without getting into a rant about Jedi politics, I’ll just expand on the philosophical issues I’ve had.

The first is that the Jedi practice and philosophy have no beliefs of its own. The entirety of the philosophy is a repackage of other philosophical systems. It does offer people a look into ways of thinking that may be new to them, but does so superficially. After years of practicing I was looking for something deeper and richer. Something that did not gloss over the parts that give a spiritual practice it’s flavor.

Another is that I found many to be clinging to the doctrine as fundimental to the Jedi path but not taking into account that mkst of it was created by an author to entertain. That it sounds cool, but fail to realize it doesn’t contain the depth I find nesissary for a deep spiritual connection. I know it hits on universal spiritual truths and repackages them in a sci-wrapper, but sometimes that wrapper distracts from the core meaning and I am just not enough of a fan to roll with it.

Another is the fracturing. Light sith, dark Jedi, grey jedi, any flavor you want. That’s fine and dandy except when people start to divide themselves according to a title. If The word Jedi stands for so little that people need to further fracture it to define it, maybe then it carries no meaning at all. Though this can be seen in almost all groups.

I looked around and found the same ground being trod over and over and realized that if I continued to define myself as Jedi I would be hashing and rehashing the same things to no end because of obligation to help the newbies.

Finally and most importantly is that I had stagnated. I was spending most of my time organizing orders, events and training but not making any improvements of my own.

I for the most part decided to prioritize my own growth and break away from a name that carried a ton of obligation and baggage.

A wise man will not leave the right to the mercy of chance, nor wish it to prevail through the power of the majority. There is but little virtue in the action of masses of men.

-Henry David Thoreau
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

• Thank you received: 1785

Jax replied the topic: Re:Hello

Thank you. That makes total sense.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds