Hello from upstate New York

• Jeremy Taylor
  • Jeremy Taylor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Jeremy Taylor created the topic: Hello from upstate New York

Hi everyone,
I just joined, and wanted to post a quick introduction. My name is Jeremy, although I also go by Aiwendil Sylvanus. I am 41, and grew up on a farm in upstate New York, a couple of hours north of New York City. I have degrees in environmental biology and sustainability, and have a lifelong interest in nature and environmental issues. For the last 20 years or so, I have been exploring different paths, and have settled on what I would describe as animistic Celtic polytheism, with leanings towards Druidry. I am also very interested in Asian faiths, particularly Buddhism and Shinto. I have been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a child, and have always been interested in the ways of the Force. I think that the training here will greatly complement some of my other interests, and help me to live a more rounded life. Some of my other interests include history, genealogy, gardening, photography, and Tolkien.
~Jeremy

We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~Native American proverb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1767

Kol Drake replied the topic: Hello from upstate New York

:welcome

As I was reading your intro, I was thinking, he might be interested in Shinto.... and then read the next line, "...I am also very interested in Asian faiths, particularly Buddhism and Shinto." *facepalm*

Welcome.
It looks like you have a wide variety of interests, with Star Wars being just one aspect of your wider searchings. We have a few members who are from 'farm/farming' backgrounds. And a few who are 'going back to Nature' with patio gardens / small plots and even small farms... so, you are not alone in that aspect either.

Now... what would you charge to come save my yard from my 'black thumb' of plant death? :P

• Jeremy Taylor

Jeremy Taylor replied the topic: Hello from upstate New York

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it! Good to know I am not the only one with this background :) As far as your yard goes, I guess a lot of it would depend on the climate and what is best suited for your local area.... And it sounds like finding plants with tolerant requirements would be beneficial! ;-)

We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~Native American proverb

• Thank you received: 1777

Jax replied the topic: Hello from upstate New York

Welcome! Your skills will be needed at the future Jedi Praxeum if you choose to spend any time there. ;-)

I look forward to learning more about you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeremy Taylor

• Jeremy Taylor

Jeremy Taylor replied the topic: Hello from upstate New York

Thanks, and I look forward to learning and sharing as time permits!

• Thank you received: 1349

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Hello from upstate New York

As my (unannounced) holiday is now over, also here a warm welcome to the IJRS!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeremy Taylor

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds