New to Forums and Forum life alike

• Tanner Graff
  • Tanner Graff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4

Tanner Graff created the topic: New to Forums and Forum life alike

Hello everybody! I've just recently joined the IJRS community, and I'm already super excited.
I was looking at the training overview, and the vast majority of coursework and training happens via the forum. However, I've never used a forum or even anything closely resembling a forum before. I had to look up a video just on how to do what I'm doing right now! (And I hope it works). I was just hoping for some feedback and information to help me learn how to use this forum. I'd hate for my progress through the training to come to a halt simply because I don't understand how the site works.
Thank you so much!

P.S. I've come back later, and I think I'm kind of getting the hang of this, but I still wouldn't mind some help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: New to Forums and Forum life alike

:welcome

"Forum Life" is almost like email life.. only with fewer emoties. :P

Welcome to the IJRS and to the Jedi Realist community. We have a wide and diverse group of folks who are all working on the ultimate goal of 'being Jedi'... which can mean any number of things... as you will find as you take the courses.

Enjoy the Exploration!

And, again... :welcome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tanner Graff

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: New to Forums and Forum life alike

Welcome,
It's pretty straight forward. It's just a better organized facebook. You start a conversation with a new thread. Reply to something already going by clicking reply. Quick reply puts a little box in. It's all you'll usually need, but just play around. Quote allows you to select something a person wrote to highlight. That's really helpful when responding to something specific. :-)

• Thank you received: 1332

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: New to Forums and Forum life alike

First of all Welcome to the IJRS!
As Jax and Kol Drake already said, it first might look overwhelming and maybe even a bit frightening but it is not all that difficult and should You really create a mess, which is highly unlikely, just drop us a message and we will clean up behind You. ;)
As for the rest, play around, explorer and make yourself comfortable with the board.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Tanner Graff
  • Tanner Graff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4

Tanner Graff replied the topic: New to Forums and Forum life alike

Thank you all so much! I think I'm really beginning to understand how this all works! It wasn't nearly as complicated as I first thought :lol:
After a few posts, I realized that I still haven't formally introduced myself. Unless I already did, and just forgot. But oh well!
I'll be 18 here on the 15th, and I've lived in Rose Valley, Washington for my whole life. Technically, I moved here from Paris, Texas, but I was so young it doesn't really count. I'm the third of 4 kids, and I have two older brothers and a younger sister. My entire family is active in the LDS church.
As for what I'm like, I'm a pretty easy-going and funny guy. I like to think so, anyway. I'm pretty happy and can often find the good in a situation.
I enjoy all kinds of sports, including Cross Country running, Downhill Skiing, Skim boarding, Ultimate Frisbee, and Rock Climbing.
My hobbies include playing violin and guitar, doodling, reading in the bathtub, Dungeons and Dragons, and of course, Star Wars.
I look forward to getting to know all of you guys!
-Tanner Graff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes (Yoshio)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds