Hello from the Isle of Man

• Thank you received: 46

Victoria created the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Hi :) . I'd like to introduce myself! My name's Victoria and I live with my husband and daughter on the Isle of Man in the British Isles. I'm learning about the Jedi path as a complete beginner at the moment, inspired by the films and the feeling of rightness here. I've trained with the Temple of Witchcraft based in New Hampshire by distance learning for the past five years which has helped me to change my life so much for the better but am continuing my journey exploring here. I hope to get to know you and learn more. :thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Jedi Healer
  • Thank you received: 453

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Welcome Victoria! Please feel free to browse the forums, take up some conversation and share your thoughts :)

We do have a formal training program if you are interested or feel pulled to learning more about the Jedi Path! You'll find there are some in our community who have studied or have a background in Witchcraft, so its definitely possible to walk those two paths at the same time :)

:welcome

"...who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " ~ Theodore Roosevelt
[/table]

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Welcome!
As David stated, we have folks with very diverse backgrounds (and interests) -- being witchy just one of the many. :D

• Thank you received: 525

Atticus replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Welcome, Victoria! The photos I have seen and descriptions I have heard of the Isle of Man make me want to visit there someday. :)

As David and Kol already said, people come to the Jedi Path from a wide variety of backgrounds, and most find that the Path is compatible with nearly any belief system. Then too, the Jedi way is still developing. That meeting of different faiths and beliefs has led to a very syncretic practice for many of us. For example, a former teacher of mine here suggested I learn the Lesser Banishing Ritual as part of my training, and that led me to discover that I really enjoy adapting (or maybe "translating" is a better word) pagan and Wiccan ritual so they're more within a Force-user's comfort zone. So I'm certain we can all learn a great deal from you, while pretending that we're your teachers. ;)

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

Victoria replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Thank you for the welcome :) I appreciate that very much. I'm seriously thinking of applying for training, but think I'll read and research a bit more first. I'm trained as a massage therapist and work with Reiki but have signed up for learning different healing methods via distance learning with the School of Natural Health Sciences with a local mentor which could count towards the integrative practice side of training. I'll explore the site in the meantime, but keep a log of how many hours I put in.

I'd love to chat to you about your experiences with the LBRP for Force users Atticus. It reminds me of the pop culture version of it given as an example in Christopher Penczak's book on Qabalah and Ceremonial Magick, "The Temple of High Witchcraft". It was a Chaos Magick version including Obi Wan, Buffy Summers, Jean-Luc Picard and Bugs Bunny! You can work with any number of archetypes this way and I'd love to know more about how you've reworked the rituals.

I have a feeling I have a lot to learn from being here!! I hope to give what I've learned so far on my path a more real world application and ultimately be of service to the Universe. I have a bit of a tendency to keep myself to myself overall and am busy with my daughter (she's Autistic and a teacher in her own right) but have a desire to bring together all the elements of my experience so far into something cohesive and helpful to others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus

Atticus replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Victoria wrote: I'd love to chat to you about your experiences with the LBRP for Force users Atticus. It reminds me of the pop culture version of it given as an example in Christopher Penczak's book on Qabalah and Ceremonial Magick, "The Temple of High Witchcraft". It was a Chaos Magick version including Obi Wan, Buffy Summers, Jean-Luc Picard and Bugs Bunny! You can work with any number of archetypes this way and I'd love to know more about how you've reworked the rituals.

That sounds brilliant! :lol: You're welcome to take a peek at my LBR here , and feel free to let me know your thoughts over there or here, wherever you choose (although we can take it to PMs if you'd rather not have your welcome thread cluttered).

No worries if you aren't ready to commit to full-on study yet. We invite you to hang out in the public areas, share whatever you like, experiment with anything you find. We have friends who post here for years and don't take classes. But if you decide it is for you, we'll get you set up with the Intro course as soon as you are ready.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Victoria replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Atticus wrote: That sounds brilliant! :lol: You're welcome to take a peek at my LBR here , and feel free to let me know your thoughts over there or here, wherever you choose (although we can take it to PMs if you'd rather not have your welcome thread cluttered).

No worries if you aren't ready to commit to full-on study yet. We invite you to hang out in the public areas, share whatever you like, experiment with anything you find. We have friends who post here for years and don't take classes. But if you decide it is for you, we'll get you set up with the Intro course as soon as you are ready.

Thank you for the link Atticus. Your Force version of the ritual is very inspiring and I think I'll work with it myself. The more I think about it, the more I have a feeling that I need to apply for the course now and not mess around. :) I'll pm tomorrow when my daughter's at school to chat a bit more if that's okay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus

Atticus replied the topic: Re:Hello from the Isle of Man

Absolutely. Thank you for the kind words and I look forward to working with you in the Intro course.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Welcome! Interesting background! Hope to hear more of you!

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Hello from the Isle of Man

Welcome! I think you'll find our training is mostly a form of directed self exploration so there's not a whole lot to research. You can even read the intro course manual before you register for training, though you can't post assignments until you apply. :-)

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds