Hola

• Thank you received: 13

J created the topic: Hola

Hello everyone, I have been bouncing around various Jedi sites looking for a good match. I like the simplicity of this site. I do want to study Jediism and apply it's principles to my life more - as i do apply a LOT of spirituality to my life already - taosim, buddhism, new age, etc. I don't follow any relgion and don't believe Jediism should be a relgion - I don't think any religion is necessary. I do believe in a creator, a way of living in alignment with the creator (flow, chi, force, etc) and that it is a worthy path - along with other disciplines.
that's all for now....:)

Control your emotions and act with Peace.
Eradicate ignorance by seeking Knowledge.
Do not fear death, the Force is with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: Hola

Welcome. I think you'll find that many believe as you do, and I hope what you find here complements your study of the Path.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars
The following user(s) said Thank You: J

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Hola

Hey, be welcome!

You speak about spirituality and religion as two total different things? Just a question out of curiosity.

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm

J replied the topic: Hola

yes - i do. There is a difference.
Religions are (usually) spiritual but not all spirituality is a religion.
One is man-made; one is acknowledgement of the source (force)

• Thank you received: 1887

Jax replied the topic: Hola

Welcome. My perspective is that religion has a set of agreed upon beliefs, structure, and dogma to it. Spirituality is your connection to something larger than yourself. Even atheists can be incredibly spiritual. And religions can have zero spirituality in them. The two are not interchangeable but they often inhibit the same sphere.

J replied the topic: Hola

I am not sure if this is the place, but I plan to conduct an independent study here. I have the introductory course downloaded and am reading it and working on a self-study program. I have read a lot of the FAQS here but some won't be clear until I actually do them (imagine that! ) - so i think the process is that I will create a self-study journal here online and record my progress.

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Hola

Sound cool man, anyhow, interesting questions which I asking myself a lot these days. Maybe I have to write about it. Thanks for answering JD and Jax!

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm

• Thank you received: 1461

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Hola

First of all welcome to the IJRS! I hope You will find what You are searching for here at the IJRS, at least in parts.

I just saw that You already created a new thread for your Introduction Course Assignments. So we will meet there again as I'm one of the instructors for this course.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds