Tompsykhe's Introduction

• Tompsykhe
  • Tompsykhe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Tompsykhe created the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Hello everyone! I will briefly tell you about me and how/why I'm starting the IJRS's Intro Course.

I've been a close Star Wars follower since I was a kid, my father was a fan so he introduced me and my brothers to the saga. There I saw something that has always been very appealing to me: great noble warriors, spirituality, magic and belief. For me it was very strange, I always got kind of depressed when I was shown a world where that happened, because my reality was just average... no great noble warriors, no good fights to fight, no magic, no belief. I was for the most part of a my life a very devout atheist, materialist and nihilist, just because it felt more real and reasonable. That led me to a life of vanity, excess and pain.

However, my interest in the mysterious and in the magical never died and gradually led me to many great experiences, that with time shattered the boring world I constructed in my head: I found reasons to believe in The Force. (As you can see, I'm a "reason" kind of guy, very into philosophy, books, and theoretical sciences).

I've devouted great many days and nights studying eastern and western religions, depth psychology and psychoanalysis, occidental philosophy and metaphysics, from the presocratic greeks all the way up to contemporary thinkers, been working on my way as a healer (I'm a professional clinical psychologist), meditation and the amazonian shamanic arts of healing (with healers formed in Peru and Brazil). All my work has led me to be very open to new experiences and working in communities, and just by accident, looking for Jedi literature I found the IJRS and I'm really loooking forward to go along with this beautiful coincidence. I've been looking for an awesome place where I can work on my self-development and become a noble warrior for the everyday good fight that is being a son, a brother, a father, a lover, and a living sentient being.

I hope we get to know each other and grow together in the path of the Force!
Yours, Tompsykhe :meditate
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake, Atticus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1915

Kol Drake replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

:welcome

Welcome to the site and welcome to a new step along your path of discovery.

As you noted, the deeper you delve into the mind, psyche, spirit, etc. the more questions arise rather than straight out 'it's this or it's that' answers. Sometimes self discovery is the same... a convoluted weave of 'this and that' instead of one single strand of one particular hue.

Again, welcome 'aboard' and we hope you find 'good stuff' in your explorations and sharing here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tompsykhe

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Welcome! I hope that what you find here contributes to your study of the Path, and I look forward to getting to know you better through your Intro lessons.
:meditate

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Welcome!

• Thank you received: 1887

Jax replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Welcome. I look forward to seeing you in Jedi Studies before long.

• Thank you received: 151

Dustin replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Hey Tompsykhe, I'm a secularly following a Jedi-ish path myself, but my perspective developed from a Christian upbringing. The transition put me on a path to rediscover the perspective my loved ones still inhabit which also put me on a detective trail through various beliefs systems. Kind of a similar path to what you described, obviously different and probably different conclusions too.

I look forward to reading your perspective Tompsykhe. Welcome to IJRS!

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

• Tompsykhe
  • Tompsykhe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Tompsykhe replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Good to hear that Dustin! My take is that rediscovering "spirituality" (that can well be a secular issue) really helps connecting with religious people even though one does not share their "belief system". I look forward to getting to know your perspective too, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustin

• Thank you received: 1887

Jax replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

And that's certainly the approach we take to spirituality here. Even an atheist can be spiritual. In fact many are, even if they use different terminology for it. My personal definition is that spirituality connects you to something larger than yourself.

• Thank you received: 151

Dustin replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

1. A person can die but to un-happen is impossible.
  2. That which makes a person spirited is their spirituality.
  3. If we can suppose both of these are true then reincarnation and/or afterlife of a person's spirit are not only possible, they're arguably consistent with ancient perceptions of spirituality before eternal consciousness became a wholesale perk.

My empirical perception of an eternal spirit in a nutshell. :lol:

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax, Tompsykhe

• Thank you received: 1461

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Tompsykhe's Introduction

Hey Tompsykhe and welcome to the IJRS!
I'm a bit late to reply to your post as I had been on winter vacation but now I'm back and I read that You are taking the Introduction Course. As I'm one of the guides there, You will find my replies in your work and I'm looking forward to get You closer through your coursework.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds