Hey there!

• Thank you received: 3

Cayce created the topic: Hey there!

Greetings all,

My name is Azelya, and I'm a curious newcomer. In short, I've only had bad experiences with religion in my past (oppressive Christian family). This is despite always feeling like an incredibly spiritual person (drawn to Eastern style religion's such as Buddhism ).

Recently I stumbled across Jedisim while randomly plodding around the Internet, and was very intrigued for a few reasons, including the fact that the doctrine really resonated with a woman of my mentality.

So I figured I'd start looking around and exploring! Beyond the super serious stuff, I'm a professional cook, huge nerd and gamer/electronics tinkerer.

So... hi!

... it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow up to be." - Albus Dumbledore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1915

Kol Drake replied the topic: Hey there!

You had me at professional cook and huge nerd. :p

Welcome!

You will find many of the posts concerning meditation, finding balance, centering, and on 'general behavior' tend to have a more Zen-nish / Buddhist flavor. (We try to steal... er, borrow from the best!)

So... welcome (again) and poke about. Jax or one of the other folk can get you set up with the Intro material and you can spook about the general forums stuff to get a feel for things.

Now... about those Jedi cupcakes...

• Thank you received: 80

J. K. Barger replied the topic: Hey there!

LOL, YES @ Cupcakes!!!!

Welcome to the Institute- glad you found your way here.

Let any of us know if you have any questions :)

MTFBWY!

Th

• Thank you received: 1887

Jax replied the topic: Hey there!

Welcome! Glad to see you here. :-)

• Thank you received: 530

Atticus replied the topic: Hey there!

Eh, cupcakes are nice, but you had me at "huge nerd". :rofl

Welcome! I think you'll find that many of us share your preference for spirituality over religion. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing you around!

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

• Thank you received: 117

Tsjêbbe replied the topic: Hey there!

Join us!

(Edit: the dark side has cookies though...)

(Edit 2: but apparently there is something about cupcakes I don't get.... And you're a cook so you could probably bake your own)

"Little decisions over time make a big impact on our lives.” - Eric Samuel Timm
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

• Thank you received: 1461

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Hey there!

Sorry for the late reply but never the less be welcomed at the IJRS! I'm looking forward to working with You during the Introduction Course.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds