IJRS branded stuff

Poll: IJRS 'stuff'

Tshirts
2 16.7%
Pendants
9 75%
Silicone Bracelets
1 8.3%
Total number of voters: 12 ( Tyler, Jonah Fields, Volund Starfire, Atticus, David (Phoenix) ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 253

Memnoich replied the topic: IJRS branded stuff

while I choose pendants, I think all are viable, and t-shirts would be the one that would last, and be bought several times. While a pendant or wristband would only be bought once. This would allow for multiple versions of t-shirts, while pendants and bands you would really only want one version of it. I know I was thinking I wanted a t-shirt for the Gathering that we just did.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: IJRS branded stuff

Thank you for all this initial feedback. I'll add a bit here, with the caveat that I'm not against any of your ideas and I do want to do all of these.

1. Tshirts and pendants cost more to make. We need more money up front to order them and we don't make much profit on them. nothing wrong with that, it's simply a logistical issue. However, we do have Jedi sources for both of these items so it's possible we can do small batches after an initial pre-order.

2. Silicone bracelets are cheap and easy. We can do multiple versions of those as well. There are big online companies that make them for as little as a dollar or so when ordering in bulk. We wouldn't be doing anything but text, but it's still fine.

That's all for my follow-up. Keep the ideas coming! :-)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

And, if I didn't say before, the pendants glow in the dark. There are two color options with that, green and blue. They look amazing. We were all impressed at the gathering. :-) Those cost about $15.00 to make and are made by a Jedi who does excellent work.

I'd have to check with Jacob to see how much tshirts cost him to make. he owns a tshirt printing company. Jedi businesses for the win!

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 253

Memnoich replied the topic: IJRS branded stuff

speaking of the pendants, does he do one-offs? I'd love to get a pendant made of my emblem, if not I'll just have to hit Jacob up for a t-shirt, or see if I can pull it off myself.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

He might, I'm not sure. You can send him an email and ask. Dan M. - jedidaddyo @ yahoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich

• Thank you received: 1462

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: IJRS branded stuff

As I'm not using either pendants - actually I needed to look this up to understand what is meant by it ;) - nor bracelets, I'm all for T-Shirts. I love T-Shirts and even better when they come with a nicely designed logo on them!
I don't know how it is with the situation over in the USA but if I'm not completely misguided at the Dojo of my former teacher we had the option to order Dojo T-Shirts which had been printed on order and still haven't been too expensive although of good quality. Obviously my ex-teacher might have not made any money with them in this "printed on order" way.
Anyway, I would for sure get some IJRS branded T-Shirts!

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Here are pictures of the pendants from this years gathering. They are really nice.

Jacob is looking up prices for a few options to give us an example, but I think it will be quite doable to do a pre-order first and then order a few extra or print on demand. It depends on what he is willing to do. :-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: IJRS branded stuff

Sorry to say but my first impression of this logo had me thinking of a bug in the middle of a circle. Please, don't take this as an offense, it is just my feeling as the Earth ball is a bit hard to distinguish and the two half next to it do look to me like the wings of a bug. Maybe with some explanation it would make more sense to me to understand the philosophy behind it.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re:IJRS branded stuff

weird the picture is rotated. The globe is the top. So it's based on a jedi symbol with a globe added to represent gatherings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re:IJRS branded stuff

:cheer:
A perfect example for how easy things can change when one's point of view changes! :meditate
Now as You, Jax, said it, I can see the Symbol but I'm still wondering which "part" of the world the globe shows!?

NerdFitness Profile

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds