I have returned

• Volund Starfire
  • Volund Starfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jedi Paladin
  • Thank you received: 51

Volund Starfire created the topic: I have returned

Greetings Jedi,

Some of you may know me from other sites, or from this site in the past, but if not then let me introduce myself. My name is Volund Starfire and I have been following the Jedi Philosophy for about the past decade-and-a-half. I have been gone for a few years as my life necessitated that I step back from most things around myself. However, I have returned to the community to see what changes have occurred and to share the wisdom and knowledge that the Light has shown me.

Since there have been changes, allow me to reintroduce myself in my olden style...

I am a Veteran. I served nine years in the Oregon Army National Guard and was deployed on orders twice in my career. I have been injured and must live with the pain of those injuries, both physical and mental, for the rest of my days. However, I feel that the military has granted me discipline that I did not realize I previously held. It helped to form me into the man I am and I would do it all over again if I had the chance.

I am a Graduate. I have graduated university with a Bachelor's Degree in Religion/Philosophy. My focus for my Religion was Old Testament studies, but I also used my Philosophy background to study some of the more esoteric religions within the world. Additionally, I have done work toward my Master's Degree on Sumerology and history of the Old Testament, specifically the Book of Genesis, but I am not in school at this time.

I am a Follower of the Way. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that term, it is the name that the followers of Jesus' teachings called themselves before the formation of the Catholic Church (that is Catholic as in universal). Still, I do not follow any specific religion, but am led by my faith. It is that faith that has sustained me in some of my hardest times, and that faith that has led me back to the Jedi Community.

I am a Martial Artist. I am a student of the Ki Society-form of Aikido. I am a Sandan, or third degree black belt and a certified instructor of Kiatsu massage (massage using the manipulation of Ki energy through pressure points. Along with this, I am an instructor with the bokken and have cross-trained in Kendo to better understand and build my skill with the bokken.

I am an Eagle Scout. A week before I turned 18 years old, I attained the highest rank in Boy Scouts. A week after turning 18, I was accepted by B.S.A. to be an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America. I am now a Merit Badge Instructor and adult leader with several Boy Scout Troops and Cub Scout Packs.

I am a Paladin. There are many things this may conjure in the minds of those who read it, but most of those conjurations would be misleading. I have attained the position of Lord within the Order of the Paladin. I am oathbound to hide certain information related to Paladins, but I can say they are something similar to the Masons, but a little more hidden. I have received permission from the Scholar's Table, our ruling body, to release information to Jedi sites and will do so soon.

I am a Lightbringer. There is a path among the Paladin Order known as the Lightbringers. We are those who dedicate ourselves to something enough that we are able to teach it to others. For my path, I have educated members of my Order and a member of the Scholar's Table in the tenets, philosophy, and lore of the Jedi. Being a Lightbringer granted me the ability to copy the Codex (the Book of the Paladin) for myself.

There is not much more that I can say about myself that is not already summed up in the above. I welcome the addition of this site to the many which have accepted me and look forward to both learning and passing on that which I know. My life, for my Jedi brothers and sisters, is an open book. If there is more you wish to know about me, ask and it shall be revealed. Until then, I will leave you with this (my favorite greeting and goodbye).

May the peace and wisdom of the Light be with you now and forever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinistra, Guenavar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 153

Brian replied the topic: I have returned

Welcome back! :welcome

Assistant Instructor-Communication 101

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: I have returned

Welcome back Volund. It is a welcome surprise! I certainly remember you, if for no other reason as the one person I know who has used aikido in a real self defense situation (as that is a big criticism by those who have never really practiced). :-) I look forward to what you can share.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volund Starfire

• Thank you received: 80

Taijibum replied the topic: I have returned

Dang! An aikido black belt and military veteran with a B.A. in philosophy. Thats pretty darn close to a real jedi in my book. Hello!

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake replied the topic: I have returned

Welcome back VS.

• Brandel Valico
  • CARPE NOCTEM
  • Thank you received: 90

Brandel Valico replied the topic: I have returned

Always nice to see another familiar face (so to speak) around here

HOMO SUM HUMANI A ME NIHIL ALIENUM PUTO

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 530

Connor replied the topic: I have returned

Welcome! I lurked in older times and remember you as well.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Volund Starfire
  • Jedi Paladin

Volund Starfire replied the topic: I have returned

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning and teaching what I can. It is also good to see some of the "old" faces... though, by that term, I should call myself ancient ;)

• Thank you received: 1448

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: I have returned

A bit late but still a warm welcome or better said welcome back!
I’m looking forward to study with You and from You along this shared path.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

• Volund Starfire
  • Jedi Paladin

Volund Starfire replied the topic: I have returned

I know necro-posting are looked down upon in most forums, but it might be appropriate when it is my own post being brought back from the dead. It has been a while since I last posted, but I feel this is as good of a place to start as any. Much has changed from the time I posted what you see above, but much has also stayed the same.

I am still a veteran, but am now considered a disabled veteran. I have been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress. While it is not as great as that suffered by others, it is still a major hindrance in my life. I am working past it, but it is a difficult prospect and has caused many changes within my life.

I am still hoping to work on my Master’s degree at some point, but do not feel that now is that point. With the changes that have taken place in my life, I have become ill-motivated to continue in school. This does not mean I have gone ignorant of my philosophical or religious training. It only means that I am taking a break.

I am still the same in my religiosity. I still confound the missionaries who come to my door at all hours of the morning. This is excepting those who have actually studied the history of their faith.

I have not progressed higher in my martial arts training, but have progressed laterally. I have not the resources to travel for the fourth degree belt tests. That does not mean I have been completely idle. On the contrary, I have been working on turning the “lightsaber” choreography that some have created into actual weapon forms and incorporating them with my Aikido training.

It is unfortunate, but I have stepped away from Boy Scouts. There were politics at work that I had neither the time nor patience to deal with. Most of the scouts in the area were already familiar with the skills that I taught, though. It is good to know that I had touched so many lives. I may get back into scouting in the future, but for now I need to focus on bettering myself.

I am still active within the Order of the Knights Paladin. One of the difficulties I have face in the past year is the advancement of my Squire to Knighthood and the separation of my Table. It is a joyous event when a group grows enough to split into two groups, but the paperwork and organization are stressful beyond belief. This is especially true for an organization that does not work on computers or telephones. Had I any hair on top of my head, I would have pulled it out.

I am still a Lightbringer and am still willing to share with the Jedi the mysteries of the Knights Paladin. However, I have had to help copy the Codex of my former Table and that has taken more time than I had to share its words with you all. (When a table splits, the Lords and Ladies of the new Table copy the old Table’s Codex.)

I have one update: I am now self-employed. I made Star Wars Jedi costumes. Though, to call them costumes is a disservice. They are rugged wear and are extremely well constructed. I have worn one for Aikido practice and it did not tear or loosen at the seams. This includes both the cloth and leather. It is a point of personal pride, so you will forgive my bragging a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax, Tsjêbbe

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds