Jedi FAQ

• Thank you received: 523

Atticus replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

Kol, I hope you don't mind but I did some clean up, restructure, and added a few things to the wiki page, in hopes that we can get enough referenced content to make it "notable".

I'm no expert on Wikipedia, but on other wikis I've been around that's exactly what you need to do to counter the "devoid of useful content" argument.

"Right speech is about establishing productive and honest communication that is beneficial to both the speaker and the hearer. . . . Right speech requires the use of truthful, loving words intended to inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope in others." -- The Dharma of Star Wars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

Kol, I hope you don't mind but I did some clean up, restructure, and added a few things to the wiki page, in hopes that we can get enough referenced content to make it "notable".

no problemo

tweaks and comments are appreciated by all.

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 239

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

I just didn't want him to feel like I was stepping on his toes as he's the original creator.

I just notice that the page was added to the WikiProject: Philosophy group, we might have some hope after all!
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Jedi_realist&diff=366915053&oldid=366642387

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

we have published in a sense - the workbooks.  And streen wrote a book which is online but I can't remember where.  Perhaps we can reference the downloads page here, since the intro course is always available? 

• Brandel Valico
  • CARPE NOCTEM
  • Thank you received: 88

Brandel Valico replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/the-jedi-path/6196861?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/2

A Self-Published book with the information from my Jedi Way site. (The site and books contain the exact same info. It is there strictly for those who would like to have it in print format.

Located here. home.comcast.net/~BrandelValico/index1.html

But as what most would term a Jedi Realist. (I simply call myself a Jedi) It was collected and compiled by me to reflect my own views as such it could be considered a Jedi Realist book.

If it helps to have the link to add to the Wikipedia case. Feel free.

HOMO SUM HUMANI A ME NIHIL ALIENUM PUTO

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Thanks Brandel.  It's helpful for this but also should be listed for people to reference in general on their path.  We should add it to a list of links as well.

• Thank you received: 68

Beral Khan replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

just slightly off topic but connected: This is why I've tried to use the term Jedi Realist instead of just 'Jedi.'  WE don't use the term enough in reference to ourselves.  While I agree there is a difference, if we continue to simply say 'Jedi' we are doomed to face this issue over and over again. 

Will we learn from this a need to utilize the term Jedi Realist to ensure we are more distinctive as we move forward?  Perhaps a discussion for another time.

I used to trust my force of Will.
Now I trust in the will of the Force.

Jedi Communication? Well its removing assumptions, questioning the absolutes, and asking for clarity of statements.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

well, this is already the Institute for Jedi Realist studies, so... ;-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor

replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

Yes I agree Beral Khan, if you just say Jedi to people it does not matter how much you explain to some people they don't think it has anything to do with real life, its just in a movie, if you say Jedi Realist at least you have some chance, as the term Realist clicks in their head.

• Memnoich
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 239

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Jedi FAQ

true, and thats one of the reasons it shows up first in a google search for Jedi Realist, but there isn't much else that shows up in terms of documents and such. Since most just have Jedi they seem to get associated with Jediism.

Well with a recent post, it seems we are picking up some steam, and starting to get some backing, we have been added as a link to the Jedi main page, to wikiproject: philosophy, and even started to get some good defense in favor of keeping the page going. with any luck and a little work cleaning up the article, we will prevail!

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds