Memnoichs Temple

• Memnoich
  • Memnoich's Avatar Topic Author
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 255

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

sleep deprivation can be such an enlightening experience.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Memnoich

Hard to believe it's been so long since I last wrote in here, definitely need to start using my journals more.

The chat last night reminded me of this little exercise that I use to do when I was younger, to actually heat up my body. I once used it to heat up my hands from ice cold to very warm in less then 3 minutes. Understand, I have poor blood circulation, and thus have cold hands and feet. Now this technique is not the same as that of tummo, but I'm willing to bet, on some level, it works the same. Now I disclose this, because I feel it might be helpful to some that have a better understanding then me. There is the possibility of physical harm, as the mind sees, the body creates.

The BonFire
  • Clear your Mind, train your focus.

• Now you must create the scene. See before you is a campfire, in all its detail, see the fire ring, the logs, the embers in the logs, the moving flames, the ashes both around the fire, and that are flying through the air.
  • Now take that fire and add to it sound, the roar of the flames, the crackle of the wood, the occasional pop of the water pockets, the sound of the wind and the night.
  • Keeping the image of the roaring campfire going, now you must add smell and taste. Add the smell of the wood burning, the small acidic taste in your mouth of the ashes.
  • The final thing to add is feeling. Add the feeling of warmth from the fire. Stick out your hands and feel the warmth fill your hands, and the heat on your face.
  • I don't know if this step is necessary, but it is one I have done.***Warning*** this step might possibly be dangerous:
    • Place your hands in the fire, Feel the warmth surround them, and penetrate them.
    • Feel your hands Warm up, becoming hot, but not burning. Know that the fire cannot harm you, cannot burn you.
    • Feel the heat from the fire within your hands, heating them to a comfortable level.
  • More steps can be added to this, but I think this is enough for now.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Thank you received: 1898

Jax replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

Interesting. Thanks for sharing it.  I never thought to add the visualization.  I just assumed if you pulled in enough energy you could warm the body by that alone, and my inability was due to my lack of skill.  I will keep this in mind.

• Memnoich

The biggest thing for me was making the image real, trying to pull in all elements of a fire to make it as real as possible.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Memnoich

{7th May, 2012}

Trying to get back into Meditating more often then just when I need it, but also to go through and finish Meditation 101. As part of the training, it was suggested to meditate in the morning, so I have been getting up earlier and meditating. At this point, once my back finally stopped hurting, I haven't started the meditation exercise as I am still working on getting used to being up earlier, though I am still working on meditating. So far, it is getting better, and I'm not having to fight off falling asleep. I foresee, myself starting the 101 exercise's tomorrow, as today, I was able to get about, 20 mins of trying to meditate without feeling the want to go back to sleep. I think I'm at the point now that I can really start meditating, without fighting to much else.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1933

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

heh... another one of those synchronicity 'coincidences'... this time regarding your 'Temple' title. Been noodling and making notes the last 3-4 days on 'creating your own Jedi Temple'... through creative visualization. Something I've come across in some healing books, the old Silva 'Mind Control' methods and the shamanistic practices; which are pretty similar in many ways.

Hope to get it all set out in the coming week. But, I like your 'getting warm' with a campfire. I have a couple examples for making 'healing spaces' as part of the greater landscape of the 'inner sanctuary'.

• Memnoich

Let me take you to my temple, I created this first back in High School, early '90s, when was researching Shamanism and Druidic practice's.

It begins with a cobble stone path, that meanders through the forest. As you walk the tree thin, and it's when you see the bridge, that you hear the sound of the creek, and realize that it's always been there in the background. At the crest of the bridge, a rainbow touch's down, creating a wall of light. You get the feeling that nothing negative can pass through this wall. As you approach, you begin to see the negativity in your life appearing in small bubbles before you one at a time. You can just make out the scenes of your negative feelings, before they float over the bridge to land in the creek and slowly dissolve into the water and dissipate amongst the speed of the flowing water.
Once all your negativity has been released, you now feel like you are able to cross through the rainbow wall. On the other side, the cobble stone path continues back into the trees. After following the path for a little you start to see a large tree, and it's obvious this is where the path is leading. As you approach the end of the path, you see it goes right up to a large crevice in the tree. You begin to feel a rhythm coming up through your feet from the forest floor. When you reach the crevice, you notice that there are natural stone steps heading down. As you follow the step downward, the rhythm is now all around you. As you head deeper, you realize the rhythm is a heartbeat, it's your heartbeat.
You come to the base of the stairs and find yourself in a carved stone chamber, made from large hand carved stone blocks. The chamber is lit by several Braziers Placed throughout. Across from you is a stone door, split horizontally in the middle with 2 Symbols, one on top and one below the split. To the left you see many cushions. Only when one Growls, do you realize, several of the cushions are actually wolves. The largest one, the one that growled, approaches you sniffing. It looks up at you, and then nose's your hand, acknowledging the return of a friend.
To the right is a stone alter, on top are many different items from throughout your life.

It's at this point that I then work on whatever I came down here to work on.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kol Drake

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds