Memnoichs Temple

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

I'm gonna try keeping it up for this week, then move on towards trying to control the flow next week, after that, start into constructs and sensing around me. I think it's about time I put forth some real effort into my energy work once again, see if I can't get somewhere with it.

Here! Here! I'll be checking in to see if your beating me in progress ;D

Its on!!! :fight

Just kidding, sounds like your making a lot of head way though..There is one other exercise you can try, and I think you learn it in the Force lectures; but I don't remember...Basically you try to feel energy between your hands.  I guess, in a way, its a jump between feeling it in your body and feeling it in 'space'.  But for me I did it the exercises the other way around, so you might have some success with it.  Let me know!

Phoenix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Memnoich
  • Memnoich's Avatar Topic Author
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 255

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

{Dec 3}
{Seated Cross Legged}

Meditated on breathing for roughly 10 mins, it was difficult as I was tired from lack of sleep.
Tried to sense the energy flow inside my body, but kind of had a full body "Sloshing" feeling, no real flow feel.

The sensing it flow through my hands, will be part of the sensing it in my surrounding/ controlling the flow. At least that's kind of how I see it, as getting it to flow between my hands is controlling the flow, and sensing it exterior to my own body. I'm trying to take it slow, because in the past I feel like I've rushed it, and so I'm trying to force myself to be patient and take my time with it.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

That's good that your taking your time! Sorry I didn't want to imply that you had to rush, I was just asking your thoughts.  I don't really think there is much of a right vs wrong way to approach energy in terms of which way we feel it first.  Every one is different.  Though we all need that universal trait of patience, which is a good thing!

Phoenix

• Memnoich

{Dec 4}
{Cross Legged}
Spent 10 mins focusing on breathing, kept having odd random thoughts pop in, kinda like, "when you choke a smurf what color does it change?".
sat and focused on feeling the flow of body energy, for some reason it felt like it was flowing down my arms and pooling in my hands in my lap, because of this, when it came time to end, I put my hands on opposite shoulders and willed the energy to flow back into me.

No worries Phoenix, you didn't imply that, I was just trying to explain my plans a little better. It's just, especially after the last couple days, it really seems like I needs some work, cause I'm not where I want to be.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Memnoich

{Sun Dec 3}
{Cross Legged}

Spent 10 mins Meditating, just trying to focus on breathing, Didn't have quite so many random thoughts popping in this time.
Tried to focus on controlling my energy flow, willing it to my shoulder and back area, places that were in pain, trying to get it to "heal" the pain.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows

I'm not an expert in energy or healing; but be careful when you are moving energy to 'heal' the pain.  I know you put it in quotes, but sometimes we can do more harm then good; and until we are grounded in our own energy body, it can be harmful!

Just a word of caution! But I usually try it too (shhhh ;-) )  But instead of healing, I just try to tell my body to relax.  A lot of time when meditating, our body tenses because we are willing your being (both body and mind) in to a state that it does not normally know.  So untill we adjust to a more peaceful state, some of that pain will be there.  Also, of course, any body injuries would also cause pain lol. 

I forget, do you meditate on a pillow, or sitting on a coushin? That might help a long ways towards the pain.  And, don't be afraid to rest your back against the wall every now and then.  Sometimes we just need that break! lol

Phoenix

• Memnoich

Actually, I meditate on a pillow with my back to the wall, big fluffy couch pillow. the Pain was something I had been experiencing all day.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Thank you received: 1898

Jax replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

My recommendation on days with back pain is to lie down.  I lie on the floor with a pillow under the knees and just a little pillow under my head.  This gives support but not too much comfort so I'm not falling asleep accidentally. 

• Memnoich

Rex's sleep schedule has changed, making me dog tired and making it hard for me to meditate while fighting not to sleep. I have tried some, but with the sleep schedule change, and everyone being out sick at work, haven't been real successful. I think after the new year I'll be able to get back on track.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Thank you received: 37

inari replied the topic: Re: Memnoichs Temple

Just do your best Memnoich. Those of us with kids have been there and done that and understand the subtle torture you're undergoing right now.  ;D

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds