Memnoich's dream log

• Memnoich
  • Memnoich's Avatar Topic Author
  • To walk the path, is to look for the truth.
  • Thank you received: 242

Memnoich replied the topic: Re: Memnoich's dream log

{May 5th, 2012}

I was in a multi-storied house, similar to the one in the movie house on haunted hill. It had yellowing wall paper, wainscoting, and yellowed light from the light bulbs. one of the people with me was channeling a ghost named Michael, I don't remember the exact conversation, but Michael was wanting us to do something. Michael was a late teens early twenties male. An apparition appeared, female in her 30's. She said the only Michael there had been there for over 500 years. This is when I noticed a difference in energy. While Michael felt, for a lack of a better way to describe it, Chaotic, the woman's energy felt calm, because of this I immediately trusted her. We started calling to Michael, but got no response, looking up to the second floor, there was a cut out in the wall, and through it I saw the woman, looking over her shoulder, she then moved down the hall, and we gave chase, at this point I awoke.
The strange thing is,I've had similar dreams in the past, and have woken with my heart racing, yet when I woke from this one, I was calm. The first thought in my head when I woke, was the idea, that the message of this dream was that to start I couldn't see the spirit's only hear them, but as I kept trying, I was able to see them. Basically that the more I tried, and practiced, the easier it would be to believe, and the more I believed, the more I could sense and see the spirits.

Second Dream of the night

This one was shorter, something about seeing a strange occurrence, laid out in front of me were several dead snakes. The snakes were split open showing that they had swallowed whole several other snakes, in one that looked like a boa, I saw a king cobra, and what appeared to be coral snakes, as well as others. It was as if they just started attacking each other, and swallowing each other till they were gorged and split themselves open from the mass amounts of eating of each other. I knew this had some significance, and was contemplating it, when I woke again. I got the idea that it was a message of some type, about evil feeding upon its self and swallowing different aspects of itself until it became so engorged that it ruptured and killed itself.

.oO Memnoich Oo.
"Do or do not, there is no try" ~Yoda
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased." ~Spider Robinson

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1813

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Memnoich's dream log

Snakes first...

According to Freud’s classic dream interpretation theory, a snake featured in a dream represents a phallic symbol that could relate to a male figure, male energy or how you experience your sexuality. But, on the whole, Freud had a hard time imagining that sometimes "a cigar is just a cigar". Personally, I think Freud had some 'issues' of his own.

Now Jung says the meaning of dreaming of snakes can be interpreted as representation of an inner conflict: “Snake dreams always indicate a discrepancy between the attitude of the conscious mind and instinct, the snake being a personification of the threatening aspect of that conflict.” Dreaming about this reptile means that your conscious and unconscious are not aligned. The snake is a powerful symbol that can be interpreted as a representation of the tension between feelings, attitudes, and behavior.

Typically, dreaming about snakes can be interpreted as any of the following --

+ A snake is a symbol of the unconscious
+ Snakes or serpents indicate you’re in the process of healing and resolving issues
+ The snake is a symbol for an untamed part of yourself or an untapped resource
+ Snakes could represent your intuition or spiritual aspects of yourself; your instinctual drive, what moves you from the depths of your soul
+ Snakes or serpents tend to show up in dreams in times of transition and transformation
+ Snakes can also signify healing and transformation are taking place

When interpreting a snake dream, a key point is to keep in mind that the serpent in your sleep means you’re symbolically receiving a wake up call from your unconscious.

Dreaming about a snake is usually an indicator that you need to pay attention to something important that you perhaps have been avoiding or that has escaped your awareness until now. Interpreting your dream will help you discover what it is and what you could do to about it.

When you’re dreaming of a snake, you can use your interpretation to encourage positive changes in your life. A snake dream can function like a two-sided coin: For each negative feeling in the dream, such as fear, apprehension, anxiety, or confusion, there’s an opportunity to realize something positive that will serve you in your waking life.

In some cultures snakes are highly regarded and symbolize the ability to transcend into higher levels of consciousness or into areas of knowledge that exist outside perceived time and space. In the pre-Christian days, snakes were considered symbols of fertility, healing, and nurturing (the healing serpent representing a god). Post Adam and Eve, snakes are often considered symbols of temptation and evil, anger, and envy. And for all the symbology which has the snake as a 'bad guy', recall the Greek myth about Aesclepius, Greek god of healing and medicine, who inspired rituals where snakes were used. Today, the rod of Asclepius is what we know as the Caduceus, symbol for modern medicine. In our dreams, it represents the opportunity for healing. Or, take the feathered serpent from the Aztecs of South America is a symbol for the creator of life.

You were not in danger or being attacked or bitten so I do not see this as 'bad omen' or negative imagery in action.

"... laid out in front of you..."
Normally, if you see 'to the right side', it typically the conscious side, while the left side symbolizes the unconscious. Being laid out in front of you -- it is all being presented. A balanced examination so to speak.

Seeing a snake in a dream can be a symbol about spiritual growth.

That the snake(s) were split open -- "bursting at the seams from consuming all other snakes"... See the above sentence about spiritual growth. Instead of it being a negative image (snake split open and eating all others) -- instead, I get the feeling you were being shown something important.

In Kundalini yoga snake represents the life force that rises up the spinal chord and a cobra is a symbol of divine enlightenment and associated with the god Shiva. Perhaps you were being shown (by the right and left and center) that your spiritual growth is (1) balanced and (2) composed of all which can be seen 'within' -- the cobra, the coral snake, and all the other symbols which -- good or bad in mythology, are what makes up the 'whole snake' of mind and spirituality?

*shrugs*

Ask me tomorrow and I'd say -- where the heck did THAT come from.

Literally 'the next day' !

Came to mind sometime in the wee hours -- perhaps 'full to bursting' means your conscious and subconscious are 'packed full' and you need time to digest/process it all. Packing a container with more then it can handle *can* make it burst at the seams. Between all the conscious 'stuff' you are piling in on managerial skills, people wrangling.. er handling, and job stuff AND all the IJRS courses AND life stuff in general... you have been 'packing it pretty full'. Might consider giving yourself time to rest and digest it all.

Reminded me of some seminars that I've had to go to for work. A full week of cramming what might typically take six months -- by the last day or two, you feel like it's all just 'stuff' and makes no sense. Then, in the weeks to follow, it all slowly 'clicks' into place and starts to make better sense. (most times; not always but... )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Memnoich

• Memnoich

{22 May 2012}

Two dreams again, I don't remember much of the first. I was on a spaceship with Farscape-like Aliens, they spoke English, or at least I heard it as English. The ship had the industrial/Cyberpunk feel to it, gritty, close quarters, dark. The aliens were collection humans for resettlement, as best as I can remember, not so much to save Earth, but to re-colonize/save the population of another planet.

Second dream
I was on an Island with my parents and Zeus, yes the God, though in the dream, he was more of an Advanced Human. We were in tall buildings, clearing out stone tablet fragments, a mix of Egyptian, Mayan, and Nordic Runes. Across from the Island were two others, one where they were building a grave yard, and another where they were building stone temples/mausoleums. Zeus said something along the lines of " I've never Tried UP-Corn" to which I replied, "you mean Pop-corn, which if that's the case you should really try Olathe Sweet Corn", not sure why as the Olathe Sweet corn isn't pop-corn. He materialized a small box of corn shaped chocolates out of thin air, but I remember them to be more satisfying and filling then regular chocolate. All this time we are moving the clay tablets, which have part Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Mayan Pictographs, and Nordic Runes. I don't remember any translations, but I do recall "Knowing" that it wasn't like the Rosetta stone, or "separate" languages, but that they all were actually one language.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Memnoich

Sept 11th, 2013 -
It started with me and my cousin stealing Iris’s from my Aunts old house to take back to my Aunts new house. We got caught by the new owner, and dragged inside the house to a room that resembled a classroom. She believed we were delinquents just tearing up her yard and wouldn’t believe us that we were trying to get something for my Aunt that she missed. Finally she relented and said that if we had just asked she would have gladly let us have them. As we were sitting there the scene changed to a class going on, and my best friend was at the table. But it turned out I kept day dreaming or something, because I would “Wake” within the dream to being at the table alone, with the realization that he couldn’t be there because he passed. After about the fourth time doing this, the lady, who owned the house, came in and I explained what was happening. She disappeared into a back room. She came back out, saying she had contacted him and that he had a message for me. She handed me a piece of paper with several words on it, like honor, integrity, duty, honesty, and such. She then went back in the room, and came back out after a little bit, with a similar piece of paper with several words. She went back in a third time, after which my parents said, “Alright enough of this, let’s go” (not sure where they came from, they were just “There”). As we were getting in the car, she came running out and handed me a third piece of paper.

I’m not really sure what all of this has meant, I know I’ve had problems with dreams about my friend since his passing. My mind seems to balk at any dream portraying him as alive and either wakes me up, or resets the dream. I know I haven’t fully dealt with it, as I still think about calling him when I see something that reminds me of him. I still feel like he’s around is the best way I can put it. I’m supposed to be going through his stuff to help his mom sort it out, but I make excuses not to. I helped his GF move and she asked me to disconnect his computer. That took almost 2 hours to do, as it just felt symbolic of pulling the cord on his life support. I know time will make it easier, but I just never thought about him being gone, 38 is just to young.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: Re: Memnoich's dream log

Grief is hard. My best friend died a few years ago. Only 28 damn years old, which is just crazy! But cancer is crazy. And she passed easily, peacefully. So there's that. And I knew what happened to her after death, and that there was nothing to worry about. That helped more than anything.

What are your current beliefs about what happens after death? It seems like you believe once a person is gone, they are gone and can't contact you again. Yet in prior dreams you mention talking to spirits. This leaves me unsure of where you are at. But to me it is clear he is trying to communicate with you, perhaps simply to give you closure, but you are resisting. This leaves you unable to move forward, both with the assistance toward his family, and your own grieving process. Once you stop resisting, it may hurt a bit more at first, because it's still raw, but you'll move forward as well and heal. And you'll finally get that message he's trying to get from you.

• Memnoich

Memnoich replied the topic: Memnoich's dream log

If you've read the Celestine Prophecy, or, as I know you have Jax, Thomas T. Moore's the gentle way, my beliefs fall along those lines. I believe we are all part of the whole, we are all one, but of that whole, there are Facets, which make up the soul clusters. We are put here with a purpose in mind, but it becomes cloudy when our vibration levels slow to become mass, so we do the best we can. We have help from our cluster to remind us of our goals.
I know I don't have closure, and I think part of it is I don't want to close that book just yet. I still miss him a lot. When he left, the biggest regret I had was that my son would never truly get to know his godfather "Air-won", never get to sit down, have a cup of coffee, and spend hours just BS'ing. I think part of what is hurting, is the reminder of my birthday coming up next week, mine is Sept 17th, his was Sept 23rd, he was just under a year older then me, and for the longest time we celebrated by going out to dinner at some point between our birthday's, and buying dinner for each other. It's the reminder that tradition will soon be over.
It's also the thought of wanting to do something for his birthday. I want to get friends together for dinner and gaming, and remembrance, but as much as I'm trying to help out his mom, she lost both sons within 3 months of each other and so has no one, I feel like I'm letting him down by not doing more for her. Currently, I have both of their belongings in my garage that I'm supposed to be going through for her, to help weed out the "Junk".
I know I need to let go, but I'm not sure I'm ready to just yet, and maybe that's what the dream was, he had a message for me, but I'm not quite ready to hear it.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Jax replied the topic: Memnoich's dream log

I know this is hard, but you aren't responsible for his mom. She chose this path too, as hard as it is. It's part of her growth as a person and as a soul. Have you tried talking to her about how hard this is for you as well? It sounds like you're expecting yourself to be stronger than everyone else, which is unfair to you and them.

When my friend died, I was grateful to have a boss who understood because I was so raw it felt wrong to leave the house, much less go to work. I didn't want to sleep because somehow that would make time pass and she'd be even more gone. And I still tear up if I think about her for too long. At this point, I don't feel the urge to message her, and I can think of memories for a time without an emotional response. It does get better, but for the first year or two it's going to be raw. Every special occasion, or even ordinary ones.

I think it will help a lot to honor those occasions. Do something for his birthday. Recognize his life and spirit. Cry. Heal. As you go forward, you'll tell your son all about him, and he'll know him through you. Not the same, but, that's kinda the way things go. And remember, closure doesn't make him more gone, it means you are healing. When I lost another friend, it sucked when she left (spirit-wise) but I cherished the dream that I last saw her. It's bittersweet.

Hang in there.

• Memnoich

Memnoich replied the topic: Memnoich's dream log

She and I have talked, I try and call her on a weekly basis. She's in assisted living for medical problems and my friend was always helping take care of her. I know I'm not responsible for her, but I also kind of feel like this might be part of my contract as well. I've always put unrealistic expectations on myself it seems. As my GF puts it, I'm a rock, not in that I don't have emotions, but that I'm stable and put the needs of others ahead of myself.
I plan on trying to celebrate our traditions in some way, and even when I put together his memorial, I made it a point that it was a celebration of his life, not a grieving of his passing. He was the type of person that would be giving me so much crap over all of the tears I've shed for him. Even now, I've had a hard time writing just these last few post's due to the emotions that well up.
At this point, I want closure, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give him up just yet. I think part of it is that I have some promise's to keep, I have ashes to spread, and I need to take the time and just deal with it. With everything I had going on this summer, I don't think I truly dealt with it.

.oO Memnoich Oo.

Dojo
Temple
Dream Log

Jax replied the topic: Memnoich's dream log

You aren't giving him up. Closure doesn't mean an end of everything, but the ending of a chapter. No matter how long you avoid it, he'll still be dead. Closing the chapter on his physical life allows you to transition to the chapter where he is in non-physical life. It's human nature to resist this, but it must happen. The way I did this initially was to not want to sleep. I felt like, if I slept, then a day would actually pass, as opposed to not sleeping where I could somehow extend the day indefinitely, making time not really pass. Completely illogical, and it doesn't work. But, grief isn't meant to be logical.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1813

Kol Drake replied the topic: Memnoich's dream log

...the biggest regret I had was that my son would never truly get to know his godfather "Air-won", never get to sit down, have a cup of coffee, and spend hours just BS'ing. I think part of what is hurting, is the reminder of my birthday coming up next week, mine is Sept 17th, his was Sept 23rd...

While not there 'physically', perhaps you can celebrate the times/experiences you had with your son... being a 'speaker for those who passed'... regale him with those tales of those times; paint the picture of the man you shared time and life with. Do it on his b-day or schedule special times of remembrance. It allows you to relish the man and the times and the past while giving some of that wisdom to your son gently.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds