Inari's dream log

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1824

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Inari's dream log

To see a unicorn in your dream, symbolizes high ideals, hope and insight in a current situation. It also symbolizes power, gentleness, and purity. Alternatively, it may represent your one-sided views.

And black symbolizes the unknown, unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, hate or malice.

If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 36

inari replied the topic: Re: Inari's dream log

I have done some meditation on this dream, and came up with the following.

Firstly, interpretations need to be careful not to make assumptions based on cultural background. A strongly Christian background will interpret the colour black and the ugliness of the fairy riding the unicorn as being a sign of darkness - i.e. of evil. To, me, however, I found that the black unicorn/white unicorn had a different meaning, when I took the time to let it come to me.

I've spent many years working and thinking about Eastern philosophy and I see the white and black unicorns as being as follows:

- The white unicorn, while it has a yang colour, is by nature quiet, shy, attracted to females, and generally more yin in nature. The yang colouration is counteracted by the yin nature to form a whole for this creature. The black unicorn, however, is the opposite. It has the yin (darkness) colouration, but its nature is bolder and more active, more yang (dare I say, more warrior like?) than the white unicorn.

When meditating, I asked why the unicorns had these meanings. The answer was that they are my meanings, because of the way I see the world. The black unicorn had a greater significance for me because it was more in tune with my own nature.

The ugly fairy riding the unicorn was a bit tougher. I find that I tend to dream a lot about fairys and/or 'getting to fairy land' which is a bit odd but oh well. The fairy, which I'll call a dwarf for lack of a better word, was very much an 'earth' creature. The feeling I got from my meditations was of approval for all the making things I have been doing, and the way I have been doing it, a sort of adventurous imagination that has been (more or less successfully) creating objects. The dwarves like that, apparently ;).

I'm not sure about the early part of the dream, it was so peaceful perhaps it was to do with just 'going with what happens'.

• Thank you received: 1833

Jax replied the topic: Re: Inari's dream log

That makes sense. It's a good reminder of how to interpret things differently. Hooray for adventure! :)

It's been a while since I a) remembered a dream b) had a chance to record it. Thankfully it's been a long weekend and I've been quite lazy, lolling around in bed for once so I did remember it.

It is rather graphic.

I was fighting another woman with knives in a large room, something like a hall with two rows of pillars, if the place was divided into thirds then the pillars would be at 1/3rd and 2/3rds of the hall.

The woman I was fighting was about my height, fair haired, light-eyed. It was not someone I knew. I had a couple of cuts but had just got her off balance and onto the floor. I pinned her right arm by the simple method of kneeling on it, and held her left arm with my left arm, with a knife in my right.

I felt that now that I had her, I had to kill her while I had the chance. I had the feeling in the dream that she had tried to kill me before and that if I gave her mercy she would keep trying until she succeeded. I murmured, 'I'm sorry' and then shoved my knife up under her ribs to her heart. She died, with surprisingly little blood.

I then folded her up and carried her out the back of the building and put her in with some big piles of laundry to hide her, and washed up my knife with the dishes.

I have no ideas as to what this means. I didn't feel angry or hating in the dream, rather grimly determined and then rather relieved.

• Thank you received: 1833

Jax replied the topic: Re: Inari's dream log

There was a geomagnetic storm active during this time. It's possible this stirred up some issues. Also, the energy shifts have been pushing us to work through issues. What does this woman represent to you? Do you have any impressions? When I read this I thought the woman could represent an aspect of you, an aspect that has been holding you back.

Two in a week! Wow. got to be quick as I have to get ready for work.

i dreamed that The Doctor came to visit myself and another, a man. We greeted him and and were very pleased to see him, but were reluctant to tell him something, which was that Amy was dead. It was a big hole in the conversation, with him not asking and us not telling. He was acting a little odd, a little sullen and defensive, like he knew something was wrong.

A little later, we'd all gone to bed, I couldn't sleep and had gotten up to find the Doctor. He was laying on a bed playing computer games. I told him that I couldn't sleep and told him why.

The dream changed (no more Doctor, alas). I was at a school meeting, the school was this huge cavernous monstrosity with everything made of rock, more like a mausoleum! Myself and some others were trying to get a change in school policy, and the principal and teachers (looking somewhat cadaverous), were refusing.

Somewhere in there, I as looking at a photo of a friend from Australia, and thinking that she was also dead (she is very much alive as far as I know).

I never answered Jax's question and now I've pretty much forgotten that dream. Alas.

Interesting dream on the weekend. I was standing in a large, shallow pool of water, which was also a waterfall. The water was not flowing, or at least flowing so slowly there was no current or disturbance of the riverbed. Dotted around the the expanse of water were clumps of large, flowering rushes, looking sort of like irises.

I was walking barefoot in the mud and using my toes to feel around for things buried in the mud. First of all, I found two large (read, as long as my forearm) clear crystals, like quartz. Then, I found a bunch of hat pins with large glass beads at the top (no I did not stab my foot). Then, finally, I found two tall, narrow, colourful glass pitchers, but small, like ornaments, not something you would use.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds