Jax's dream log

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: Jax's dream log

Interesting dreams last night.  I remember snippets of earlier ones, but not enough to make sense of it.  There was something about learning about cars, like it was part of school where you just had to observe some things. Like a checklist.  I remember a small group of people, just 3 or 4, who were in this living room with me.  I think I was trying to fold the laundry (haha, didn't finish all that before I went to bed).  At some point though there was bad weather moving in so I had to run home, literally.  It was in the country and I was running in the middle of nowhere farm country.  There were a few other people running a bit after me.  At some point they caught up.  I think I decided to stop early and go with them to another house.  For some reason Eliza Dushku was with them (which begins the Joss theme of the night lol).  She wasn't one of her characters but her.  Or at least a version of her since this is a dream.  For some reason everyone was in this big bathroom.  There was one woman who had filled up the tub to just barely cover her but still leave her face uncovered (helps for breathing lol) but then she didn't turn off the water. I tried to turn off the water but there were strange knobs that didn't have clear information. So I tried them all.  Eventually it turned off but not until I annoyed her and Eliza and I felt pretty stupid for not getting the water off right away.  I think I eventually got the water to drain so it wasn't too deep as well since you can let the water run if it can drain as well.  

Then I continued on and was at some other strange building.  There was an older Asian woman preparing what smelled like cat food into smaller dishes.  But she was also on the phone with David Boreanaz, like a phone interview.  But her questions sucked and she made me hold the phone since she was busy. lol Then somehow I ended up on a bus with him, which slowly morphed into just a big SUV as he drove.  At first he had his headphones in but then I made him believe that I wasn't going to harass him and just sit pretty quiet in the front.  As he drove we were headed toward water.  At first you could still see where the road went though water was over it.  But then there was little way to know.  At one point there was a car almost fully submerged.  But there was a flood level stake that said it was only 3 feet (still too deep to drive) and he just drove past the car.  It got to the point where I said it wasn't possible to drive because the engine would need air but we made it to the other side.  Strangely enough, I'm more anxious thinking about it now than I was in the dream, so that's something.  On the other side was just a small town.  It was really pretty though.  There were mountains and the water was beautiful, but we were basically trapped.  No one else was crazy enough to drive.  I tried to walk toward a different direction but someone got off the road and ended up tangled in razor wire and other wires that were meant to be lot lines or something.  Considering how easy the road was to follow I don't know how I ended up in it (metaphor? lol) It took a bit to get myself back to the road since razor wire loves to stick to things.  Then I went back to the town with someone else who came walking up from another direction.  That's when I realized I didn't have any money on me.  A small group of us started to figure out our options to get back home and there didn't seem to be any.  No helicopter, no cars because no one else was crazy enough to try, and for some reason they didn't have a ferry.  The dream started to end at this point. 

Since water was such a theme starting with rain, then the bathtub, then the lake we drove through, that's probably the dominant theme. Water often represents emotions.  First, I tried to run home before the rain but ended up at someone else's place where I tried to turn the water off.  But that resulted in a fiasco.  Then someone drove me through massive amounts of water but left me there to figure out how to get back.  So, I tried to either outrun my own emotions, or get to a safe place to ride them out (home).  I tried to stop someone else's emotions from drowning them, though they didn't seem to care. Then I was lead through them just to be left to figure out how to do it on my own.  I don't know that this teaches me anything, per se, maybe it's just a survey of where I'm at? It wasn't quite as scary as water dreams in the past, but I don't know if that's something I can compare.  Either way, it was certainly pretty at times and interesting.  :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Loremaster replied the topic: Re: Jax's dream log

Water can also represent creation, or creativity. 

May the Force be with you, and may you rest in the love and care of the Divine.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

It'd be just as bad if it represented creativity. lol

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Weird Harry Potter themed dream this morning.  I know Carrie wasn't listening to the book at the time, so this was just my brain. For most of the early part (before my first wakeup) I was running around with Hermione and Harry, with Ron just kind of in the background. We were running away from some big evil thing (not voldemort though).  I remember that the first time it would seem to fire a laser or something to get a feel for its target, and the second time it'd be on target.  We told everyone in this big house (unfortunately not an awesome castle like Hogwarts) that they had to keep moving and stay out of sight because this thing (which was female) wouldn't miss the second time.  I remember thinking this house couldn't protect us, as it was just wood and glass.  There was a lot of moving around, hiding from it, and trying to come up with a strategy to fight it.  I remember the front of the house being a screened in room with covered walkways because there was a big storm that popped up, possibly by her. 

A few weird random events included me ending up waiting in a small side room with Hermione. There was a weird moment where she said she loved me (or something similar enough) so I said 'I love you too Hermione' but she said something along the lines of no, not Hermione. Since I was somewhat losing the observer perspective at this point in the dream I didn't have a good response to that so I just kissed her.  (No complaining about that random turn of events though lol) I'm not sure where that came from, but it was a short moment.  Most of the rest of the dream I ended up not seeing her anymore.  There was also a part where everyone was using the small down time to grab some food in a cafeteria.  I wonder if I was hungry last night? ;-) Then eventually I was looking for a weapon as my wand had been broken.  People had gathered whatever wands and weapons they could find and piled them up.  The wands were mostly broken, so I got one that kinda worked.  Then I tried to grab a sword but they were all too long.  If I tried to put them on my waist they'd touch the ground.  So I took a decent sized dagger and the wand and ran off with Harry. 

There's more running, now between buildings perhaps looking for something? Eventually we (Harry, Ron and I) get in a cop car but the cops are working for the enemy.  I am slipped a better wand and confound the two cops, though it took a few tries until I put enough energy and focus behind it.  I remember saying something about year one when we were told we had to focus to make spells work.  Perhaps that's a message to take with me in the waking world too.  So we end up getting the cops out of the car and drive away.  That's about where the dream ends. 

It was an action packed morning, pretty fun actually in spite of the imminent danger.  There was a lot of rain storms.  Perhaps this is all a reference to the work I'm doing to overcome my shadow self, mixed in with being a little too into Harry Potter? lol I had a really hard time waking up from these dreams.  I'm never sure why that happens, but it seems to be with really involved dreams.  Perhaps it's work I'm doing on the astral which takes a lot of time to fully re-integrate from.  In any case, while I'm not sure what the dream is all about, at least it was interesting.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Last night one dream stood out.  I was with my brother and we had to go outside to take care of something for my mom or something.  While outside we found ourselves very close to four wolves.  Two were very close, a grey and an arctic wolf.  Two were a little farther away, a red and a black wolf.  They were on a bit of a hill observing it seemed.  We were pretty scared because, I mean, wild wolves would be a tad scary.  I was sitting on the ground, perhaps I had fallen, and the arctic wolf came up along side and nudged itself underneath my hand and arm.  It was amazing.  After that we went back in side and I tried to tell my mom about it.  I don't recall anything else. 

To me this shows my relationship to the wolves. While they are all important to me (though many animals are important to me) it is the arctic that is my totem.  I believe the grey wolf is also closely connected to me though, based on its physical proximity to me in the dream. 

At the spiritual expo I bought this beautiful God's Eye, which you can see here. The artist's name is Julia Nava. She had so many amazing ones but I went with this one because it was white, and I think that partially triggered the dream last night - having talked about it with her. 

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Only vague bits, maybe more will come back as I write.  I was walking around a mall type place that was indoor/outdoor. I believe I was with Icarus and someone else. I saw what looked like a vortex in the sky (I think that's the right word, kinda like a hurricane but black and in the sky). It was turning and I thought it was quite odd. So I tried to get Icarus to look at it. I kept pointing it out and she wouldn't look in the right place. Then when she did she couldn't see it. I was so frustrated because I didn't know what it was and no one else could see it.  Oh, and somewhere in all this I remember seeing a rainbow on the ground, on the sidewalk I think, but it was really bright and small (a few feet wide) and 4 deep. 

Then we were at some event. I remember bits about a boy being lost who looked like my neighbor, being in a line and seeing people in front of me where there was something wrong (and weird!). One person's skirt had opened up so you could see her undergarments, but also her proportions were wrong. Hard to describe. Someone behind me told her and she tried to close it. Then another person in front had a huge hole in her right butt cheek which was partially covered.  It wasn't like a regular wound because most of it was very smooth and healed, like it was just a normal part of her anatomy to have this large square opening.  But then the person behind me again spoke up and said something like her area was tearing more than it should or something. It wasn't bleeding or gross or anything, but the bandage that was on half of it was coming off.  Really weird!

I remember a bit involving getting soda and popcorn after to give to someone else who had done a dance competition outside.  No one had ever completed it, and he did, but so did someone else so he lost even though he did something no one else had done before the other guy did.  They did give him a consolation prize of the same thing the guy who won last year got. And finally there was a bit with people from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I went outside to give the guy his popcorn or something and saw Willow and Anya (I think) and a few others and I remembered that things were supposed to go bad, Angel was supposed to be Angelus and attack or something but it never happened, maybe because I woke up but it seemed like it was overdue. 

Strange bits.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I had an interesting tattoo dream two nights ago. I don't recall why I was getting the tattoo, and I didn't look much like myself. Instead it was a more idealized body. Slim, fit, small chest, taller, so there was a good 'platform' for the tattoo (body really wasn't realistic, one of those magic 'spacey wacey' dream things.  The tattoo was a map, but not a detailed map. Basically, imagine looking at google maps, looking fairly far away. There was a small grid of roads at the top left, then a main road a decent distance away, and then another small grid of roads to the bottom right.  When it was done I looked in the mirror and it looks a little like I'd been cut open cause it was a big black line down my center lol.  It was really sparse, but as the dream went on I noticed more details.  It expanded in the bottom more, wrapping around to my lower back where it had some very large (3-4 inch) Kanji characters that I couldn't describe to look them up.  As the dream went on I got more and more detail until my whole front was gridded in. 

The person that did the tattoo was a musician I enjoy who just got a huge tattoo across his midsection of an owl flying which looked really cool.  That's probably why he was there doing my tattoo.  But it may also have some element of gender since he's trans and issues of gender have been coming up in a few areas lately.  But this wasn't really about gender but path I think.  At the start I only had knowledge of the beginning and the end. The end filled in more, perhaps because of the information I and others get from our guides. Then the middle filled in, until it was complete.  It didn't tell me anything about the path, perhaps a message that I have enough map and the rest will be filled in when needed. 

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I should have wrote this up yesterday but was way too tired to do so.  I'll just write what I remember today.

In this dream it was repeating itself. In it my friend, who died a few years ago, dies in the dream but from slightly different circumstances - a brain aneurysm instead of cancer. So in the first few times around she died without anyone around her. But the last time she was with me.  She was getting out of a vehicle and walked around to the back where she collapsed. I stayed with her, telling her it was ok, that she would be ok, to just let go. In the dream I wasn't sad at all. It seemed like I was just replaying it until the result was satisfying to me. Perhaps I was working out some residual feelings on the circumstances of her death. Even if we had the money we wouldn't have arrived early enough to say goodbye in person. I know the many discussions we had helped her transition peacefully, but I guess I wanted more involvement at the end. I'm not sure, it was an unexpected dream. I'm more sad now though because it brings up more feelings of loss.  Interesting experience. 

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Had some interesting dreams lately but didn't write them down. A few days ago I was at Burger King and apparently going to help out. But right before I was going to, I just left. lol I went outside and my car was gone, but I saw quickly who took it. It was at a shop nearby. I asked the guy what he thought hew as doing and he made up some bs about needing to remove the stickers. Well, in Texas the stickers are your registration and air quality, so they're required. And then I remembered reading something about a con. I stood up to him and said no, he wasn't allowed to touch my car and I was going to call the cops and leave. I checked my engine and they had put tons of plastic bags in it. I cleaned everything out and left. While this was annoying, I was very firm and wasn't taken advantage by these guys. I was clear and aware of the con.  So that was cool. I went other places which I'm forgetting, but I remember each time thinking they're going to be mad at me for not returning to help them out at work. Note, I didn't actually work there anymore, it was a favor. And Every step along my journey in the dream felt like exactly where I needed to be. I think that's the important part of the dream.

Christmas morning during my nap I had a cool dream. Again, I don't remember the beginning, but I went outside of this big school building or university and there were inches of snow on the ground! The air was crisp, it was sunny, and it was awesome. I walked into it and picked up some snow to throw at someone. Everyone was excited. I remember telling my mom "I requested an MBO for this" in a whisper. It was really cool. In reality I did request an MBO. Apparently it wasn't agreeable by everyone because we only had a bunch of rain. The dream was a gift however. 

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Two nights ago I only remember one bit of a dream. In the dream I was tired so I laid down on a blanket in a parking lot and went to sleep. I woke up again, in the dream still, and was shocked at how unsafe I was, lying down in a parking lot. lol I think it shows just how little quality sleep I'm getting that I need to nap even in my dreams. ;-)

Last night I don't remember much but one small section as well. I was at a self defense class or something, holding the big pad for these older women to try doing knee strikes. some did well, one in particular was having a hard time projecting the strike into the body, instead she was just focusing on striking the surface, limiting her power. Once they were setup I needed someone to train with who wasn't just a beginner. Then my dream gave me a surprise - Ziva David from NCIS! Yay! lol Nothing real cool happened, I think we were listening to someone talk first and then the dream changed before any real training. It was pretty cool though I'm not sure if it was the character or the actress due to the shortness of the dream.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds