Jax's dream log

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1890

Jax replied the topic: Re: Jax's dream log

Two nights ago I had no recollection of dreaming at all, perhaps because I was woke up a lot at night for Carrie's seizures. m Last night I recall some bits of dreams, but not much.  The most vivid was watching a child, perhaps around age 10, try to type with this strange machine that was like a big disk shape.  It was about the size of a hubcap.  He held it on his lap and around it in two rings were individual circular buttons with letters written in ink and braille.  He was looking for the letter P I think and I was just pointing and said it's right there.  It took a minute to realize that wasn't helpful because he was blind. lol  We all laughed because I said I totally forgot he was blind. I was laughing as well.  It seemed to be a situation where I was so used to all he could do that I would forget he couldn't see. 

As a side note, since I've been carrying a really pretty (but sharp lol) piece of amethyst with me and placing it by my head at night I haven't had anything purple in my dreams.  I think I'm handling life a tiny bit better as well.  Emotionally I am fine, things are just whipping past me quite quickly. Gotta get time to slow down! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

What I remember of my dream this morning is I was at someone's house for a time, I think a friend's house. I had to get ready for a science fair but had no time so I just grabbed a van de graff generator. lol The parents took me and one other person there in an absolutely huge suv. It had these crazy seats in the back that were on top of a normal bench seat.  They rotated and laid all the way back.  It reminded me of those curvy L shaped gaming chairs that you can sit on the floor and rock in, but put on top of the bench seat.  The science fair was held at my elementary school.  When we got there I was trying to figure out which door I was to go through when someone directed me there.  And that was about it.  I just remember thinking that I was picking something quite odd for a science fair, but there just wasn't any time to prepare.  Definitely odd.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Last night my dreams were very odd because they seemed to be focusing around investigating something that happened in the past.  There were tons of people in a huge warehouse type building.  It was very dark and felt like one of those post apocalyptic type movies - lots of dark gray steel, low lighting, lots of people and noise.  There was a hallway area to the back where I was with a few other people.  They wanted me to investigate and incident and figure out what happened.  It felt a little like Lost which Carrie was watching before bed.  After the initial discussion I went and found someone who was basically Jack from Lost and we sat on this giant sized folding camp chair and talked.  I told him what they wanted me to do, and I knew he wasn't involved.  I get back up and am back in the hallway area again. That's where the weird stuff happened.  They would say 'turn on the blowers' and there was this single blower that blew air through a grating about 4 feet wide and 8 feet tall, with grids about a foot apart.  If someone was too close they'd get slammed against the grate which was funny. That is, until this girl went right on through.  It reminded me of the Residence Evil movie where they slice and dice the dogs (I think that was is).  The first time she fell to goo but the second time she seemed ok though I purposely didn't look for long.  I made sure to stay farther to the right to not be slammed into it. 

At some point everything changes and I'm at a house in the country.  The ground is like rolling hills with a few inches of snow.  I see my mom out in the yard holding a Lynx.  I ask her what the lynx is for and it then sprints toward me and morphs into three animals.  The lynx is blocked by the door but a jet black panther and a dark gray panther make it through the sliding glass door before I close it.  It's the black panther that reaches me. It doesn't attack though.  Perhaps I have a new totem animal to learn from?  I will write up the qualities of the panther in my training journal but they can be found here as well: [url=http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/blackpantotem.html]http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/blackpantotem.html[/url]
That's about all I can remember. 

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Need to get to work but I'll write a few words so I can remember later. Or maybe this is all. lol

Weird like watching a tv show - kinda like 30 rock in feel.  There was a goofy guy who was the star, kind of like kenneth but less...stupid? The weirdest part I remember was there was this fiddle he was badly pretending to play and then there was Ozzy playing it, or pretending to.  Either way, Ozzy? Fiddles? And a song that I probably just made up. lol

Overall though, all thoughts were of wishing I'd fall all the way to sleep. Insomnia hit everyone hard last night and we still have a few days before the full moon.  This could be a very long and challenging week at this rate.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I know there was a lot more to my dreams than I can recall now.  I know there was a lot of time outside and in nature.  The only bits remaining now are from the end though.  I'm outside with a group of people sitting on a steep grassy side of what I guess is an outdoor, small amphitheater.  We spend the time watching birds.  There are some smaller ones attacking a larger one which I remember because I didn't want to see it killed.  But we were still just observing rather than interfering.  There were quite a few things flying around that we observed.  Then, as we're getting ready to move on there's a group of people that come out from another area.  One kid's ankles are really messed up and every time he steps it looks like a bone juts out of its proper place.  He keeps insisting it's no big deal but there's a doctor's clinic just across the street that we insist on him visiting.  I think I told my group I'd catch up, either way I was going to make sure this person got their broken leg fixed. 

I'm noticing that my dreams are very nature oriented lately.  I think it's because my mind is focused on that more.  From reading a book on hiking the Appalacian Trail to my daily 'moment of zen' watching videos of beautiful places in the world (mostly national parks) and the amazing desktop images I have I'm surrounding myself with natural beauty.  I can't wait to get to Canada and experience it in person! :-D 

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I need to put a pen and paper next to my bed again. I've been remembering dreams but forgetting them quickly when I wake up.  Last night I remember bits though. In an early dream I was talking to someone (or perhaps just observing someone) speaking about gender and being gender queer.  The part that stuck with me was a statement that we have examples for many things but not good examples of how to be a parent when not in a typical gender role.  I wish I could remember more.  Oh well. :-)

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I know I'm dreaming a lot but unable to retain much of it after waking up.  It's a weird feeling, like it's just at the tip of my brain waiting to come out, but unable to.  Two nights ago my dreams were related to hiking.  There was a group of us and we were staying at someone's house or something rather than sleeping outside. This is a common element of through hiking places like the Appalachian Trail. We were finding places to stash our packs and sleep.  My friend and I were stealing this big couch. :-)  I don't know why we got it over other people but I wouldn't complain. lol There was a lot of general activity, getting food and such.  It seemed like this place was in the middle of residential areas with some really big buildings.  As the dream continues we move on to other locations, though I don't know how we got there.  At one place the focus was on getting food.  There were some odd things there but I didn't try anything. 

I'll have to try to remember last night's dream a little later. It's just run away from me. lol

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

I'm working on another short deadline at work so I'm going to write some key phrases for now

night time? at minimum, very dark location. mom there with others
big metal box - secret - mark on correct hatch - I caught a glimpse
time passes? box more exposed - desire to protect it from people who won't appreciate

new location - very bright, sunny, outside. fields with high straw or brown grasses. Small 'shed' in clearer area that i realize is a tomb of joseph (of mary and joseph fame lol). can't see much. another shed right next to it - maybe a foot apart - don't know who. walk through tall thick grasses, find another shed buried under grass.  On roof is a small opening, like a mail slot that allows light to stream down. Another tomb, but I can also see water, like the water table is just inches below the ground. A second one next to this as well I think. Decide one is john the baptist. leave, walk into clearing (progress has been to the 'west' the whole time) and there's maybe a rank. see a man a little ways off, seems        like an abandoned camp.  turn back and return to our side.

I blame the religious stuff on kind of the hill which we watched right before bed. hahaha

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Quick notes, as we have to get to appointments.

First dream: In choir, decided to try out for a solo. They gave me two songs at the end of the set. The first one I'm blanking on, the second was Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield. I was shocked, as I am not the best singer but wanted to confront my fears.  Then time passes and I don't know the words or choreography (this always happens when I become a little too awake in a dream) because 'I' haven't gone through all the rehearsal, my dream 'me' has. I'm getting real worried. I'm on a bus with two choir friends Mike and Luke (I think). I tell Mike I can't do it, I don't know the words yet. But we have a concert in a few days.  Then it shifts to us having a banquet that night that we all need to get to quickly.  Once I get dropped off at the end of my road there's another bus coming from the other way, trolley style. The woman driver tells me to get on but starts to drive away.  I tell her no, I need to go down my road! She's real weird and flaky (personality, her body wasn't flaky lol).  We stop right away. Then I see there's a person on a stretcher and an ambulance so I just sneak off the bus and start toward my road again.  Oh, and during that time Mike and Luke sent texts to the choir director to see if I could use lyrics sheets.  I still felt as if I wasn't good enough to do them and someone else could do them better and should. 

Next dream was long. I remember walking with a group of people and there were big brown mountains very close, like we were just skirting the bottoms. I remember thinking we couldn't be in wisconsin, as wisconsin doesn't have mountains. I've been to the highest point in wisconsin and it looked nothing like that.  But the person kept insisting I was wrong.  lol The group I was with was taking their time to be away from some other guy who took another group.  He just seemed to be a jerk.  At one point we get to this weird building where you have to shimmy along a ledge they built a few feet from the ground. It was very narrow, maybe 3 inches and narrowed to about an inch before you reach the end. I told the guy in front of me to relax all but the necessary muscles and he'd be fine.  I made it to the end and was congratulated.  Then I waited for the others.  The rest is fading. 

Odd dreams. lol  Had plenty during the trip too but they faded. If I remember I'll post them.

• Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Weird dreams last night.  Most were just continuations and distortions of watching Bones, but others were confusing.  Carrie and I had very similar dreams which means we don't know who's it actually was.  From my perspective I had parked and was walking outside to a hospital at night when the sidewalk got pitch black. I felt that I shouldn't continue, like something was pushing me back so I turned around, scared.  I ran the whole way back to the car, never seeing what scared me.  But then when I got back to the car there were two groups of people. I jumped in the car and locked the door.  Then they moved against the car so I ran them over.  It wasn't high speed, but I totally hit some people.  The rest of the dream was me deciding if I should tell the cops or just hide it.  I remember thinking that if they had someone like Bones I'd have no chance, but if the forensics people were idiots it was easier to just not tell anyone, considering it was self defense.  And I needed to take care of Carrie.  It's an interesting moral conundrum while awake as well.  You'd like to think you can trust the legal system to say yes, that was self defense and it be the end of it.  But too many people would still be charged, hence my fears. 

Carrie's version was very similar until the car part. She just ran until she couldn't anymore. 

I had another weird dream which blurred the line between me and Bones, where I was pregnant (but did not have sex lol).  I don't remember much except that the child's name ended up being Logan.  And thankfully that whole childbirth part wasn't in the dream either, just the rush to buy stuff and notify people.  lol 

I wonder what non-ambien induced dreams I'll have tonight since Carrie will be in the hospital finishing her detox.  I look forward to a full night of sleep for the first time since she was last in the hospital a week and a half ago. 

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds