Adventures in StormyKat Land aka a Dream Journal

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake replied the topic: Adventures in StormyKat Land aka a Dream Journal

Having a well loved 'past pet' come visit or to keep company during emotional times is not unheard of. Loads of anecdotal stories about such things. We once had a rocking chair one cat loved to sit in and actually get to rock while snoozing in it. Many years later, sometimes the chair would start rocking 'all by itself' and we'd wonder if we weren't having a nap time visit from our old friend.

Ghostly Pets

Accounts of animal ghosts have existed for a very long time. Sometimes during travel, ghosts of animals have been reported by passers by, such as the account of a ghostly canine that snarls at travelers on certain roads in the State of Maryland. However, most animal ghosts seem to be witnessed after recently passing, still visiting their beloved human companions. There are ghost stories about various types of pet animals, especially cats, dogs, and horses being seen after their death. Animal ghosts seem to visit where they formerly lived, and may stay for a minimal period of time or longer. Many owners have reported not only seeing their ghost animal, but also smelling, hearing and even feeling them through touch. These ghost animals seem to continue their routine developed while pets, such as sleeping on a bed, heading to a food dish, or interacting with other animals still alive and remaining in the household.

...more on the linked page...

Even the United States Capitol building today is said to be haunted by the ghost of a cat. It has been described as having glowing eyes, and emerges out of the shadows to unsuspecting people. Legend has it that the ghost cat appears before major national disasters. The cat’s name is D.C., and was seen before the stock market crash of 1929, and the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963.

VERY possible your beloved friend and companion and 'sister' to Crash came to give a little support while you were in emotional upheaval during his emergency. They can not talk but they are 'there' for you just as they were in physical life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Re:Adventures in StormyKat Land aka a Dream Journal

I am sure she knows I feel guilty for the last months. That I didn't catch her illness in time, that I didn't let her go soon enough. I hope she forgives me and that I can connect with her in my dreams in some way. I'm sure she forgives me, she left when she knew I could handle it. Which makes me feel guilty too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1893

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re:Adventures in StormyKat Land aka a Dream Journal

Seriously?
Stop putting the blame and burden on yourself. She knew your intentions and your love and caring.
You are not an All Powerful Goddess just yet... so you can NOT know everything.

Nor should you be beating yourself up second guessing and 'if only'-ing yourself.
You did the best you could as you could and when you did.. you did it with love and kindness and caring. Period.

Muffin is energy now. She may not start talking to you like the Cheshire Cat to Alice in Wonderland but.. she is energy and she KNOWS. Spirits tend to be that way.

Give yourself a little credit and a huge grief break, kiddo.

• Thank you received: 1849

Jax replied the topic: Adventures in StormyKat Land aka a Dream Journal

My old cat has returned occasionally. She was a star cat and thus had that ability. Star animals are advanced spiritual animals, carrying the spiritual lineage and survival knowledge for their species, which they pass on to the non-star animals. As such, they have a lot more ability than the average animal of their species. My cat occasionally pops in to check on the other cat she spent the most time with, as that being is on the path to become a star cat in the future. She doesn't come often because it's hard for her to not be attached to us.

Personally, I find when any being visits and it shows up in a dream, the feel is different than when it's just random thought dreams.

• Katie (StormyKat)
  • Katie (StormyKat)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 494

Katie (StormyKat) replied the topic: Adventures in StormyKat Land aka a Dream Journal

I had the weirdest set of dreams the other night. There was a common theme in them, which is odd for me. Since I can't figure it out I thought I would post a shortened version of them for input from other Jedi. Let me start by saying there are no weddings in my life right now, nor do I have any desire to get married. I'm not stressing about being an old maid; If I do harbor any secret desire for marriage it is super hidden and suppressed even from me.

My dreams started off in their weird way, I was on some adventure of some sort that I can't remember. Where the dream comes into focus I am standing in a large room--an underground atrium of sorts with openings leading down many different hallways. It was darkish-I could see, etc, but it felt dark. The whole setting around me felt dark; and like rock. I got the impression the walls, floor, ceiling were carved out of rock, like we were inside this huge never ending cafe that held stores, and factories and all these other weird things.

The whole "point" of the dream was to find out who was trying to stop a wedding. I had to figure out who the person was before s/he did it. The girl getting married was someone I went to high school with. We had mutual friends but never liked each other. The wedding itself was a huge ordeal, almost like a theater production, with a massively large crowd gathered for the ceremonies. After many scary adventures, exploring the many different paths of this atrium place, with people who are part of my current life and wouldn't know the "bride" of the dream. At the very last minute I, as well as the people who were helping me, figured out who it was. We had seen her earlier in the dream and she had been tagged by yellow paint on her face when a co-worker shot an arrow at her. It was a lady who was adamant about stopping the wedding because the groom-who was wearing some sort of ethnic outfit and was a very meek personality, was actually interested in marrying another man. This wedding was going to be a sham wedding.

I remember feeling anxious the whole dream, like I had to stop the disruption because the bride was a dear friend of mine and I wanted her to be happy. At the end of the dream, when I found out who the bride actually was, I was really disappointed. Because I knew she didn't care that I did it. And the only thing I saved her from was a fake marriage. I thought I was stopping like a murder or something.

This dream was immediately followed by a dream where I was the potential bride. I was interviewing a potential husband. I was also very clearly a Jedi. There was a community of Jedi around me, and this marriage thing was cool. Not like an Anakin/Padme marriage. There were a bunch of other female Jedi around me doing the same thing. The dude I was interviewing made some comment about me being a Jedi or a Feminist, something about me being too strong and independent. So I of course chased him away. Because I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. I was vocal and strong and stood up for myself in a way I never do in real life. So after the dude left I got all depressed because I was concerned I was never going to find the right guy. I was talking to a faceless mentor about my concerns. She told me not to worry, and to give up because there was already someone who really loved me. And she named someone-a fictional character who appeared in my dream--and told me it was very clear he was interested in me. I got all embarrassed and shy. (and I am pretty sure I am blushing as I type) and that's all I remember. I remember feeling really good to know that someone liked me, and that silly feeling you get when you start out a new relationship. And that was that.

Two wedding dreams back to back, with very different stories and contexts...I don't know what to make of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jax

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds