Nitsud A.S. (After Sheep)

• Thank you received: 150

Dustin created the topic: Nitsud A.S. (After Sheep)

I've been having weird dreams lately, I think nothing of my dreams because they're usually just funny and weird. Sunday at a birthday party my daughter was attending I had a deja vous moment. It was a pretty mundane and insignificant moment. Kids on the floor in a living room and my daughter wheels up to me in one of those red plastic cars with a yellow roof, you know the one , and that's it. I paused trying to figure out whether something significant had just happened and just did what I was planning to do, tell my daughter to join the others because since she's at a party she should hang out with people and not just play with their toys.

It feels weird to recognize a moment like that. I've had it happen to me a few times before but the only one I remember was I was in high school somewhere in the 1999-2001 range when I saw a Coke can on a Tv stand in a dark room while we were watching a movie or something. Utterly dull and insignificant.

Anyway, this event prompted me to start writing down my dreams so I'll probably start posting what little I remember here at some point.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dustin replied the topic: Re: Nitsud A.S. (After Sheep)

Alright, I had two dreams Monday night. The first I was in a dry region somehow and there was a little Asian/Vietnamese boy, like Jonathan Ke Quan from Indiana Jones and Goonies, telling me about various things in the region. He was some sort of informant because I remember him saying something about not being able to scout the slave camp for us because it was already at capacity. We were walking along some outskirt where we could see a encampment of some sort, presumably the slave camp. I was in a group which I think fluctuated in size depending on what was going on. There was a lot more to the dream I think, but I can only remember this end part.

Some guards were coming from out in the clearing because they may have saw something so we climbed a small hill where an old tree was and it's roots gnarled lead down under an overhang. The guards were coming so the others went around but I went down the roots on my own. There was a lady down there with a conical/bamboo hat who saw me and I asked her not to tell any one before she skittered off in the direction of the guards. But under the overhang was a door. I went into the door and the others were there wondering how to turn on the lights. I found the switch to the left of the door and we were looking into a sort of saloon with green carpeting, pool tables, and a bar over on the right. There was also a ceiling fan that was spinning. No one else was there and the door was still open where I could see the dirty outside and overhang.

Somehow I knew that the guards were coming so with Chuck Norris, who manifested from one of my companions full with black cow-boy type hat and a rifle, while walking toward the back of the saloon I grabbed a pool cue. The back opened into gym utility room where I went behind a wall while Chuck Norris setup behind some sort of bar/bench thing. I awkwardly grabbed two iron shot-put balls, I didn't want to put the pool cue down for some reason, and when I came back everyone else was really close to each other shooting guns but not hitting anything. The people who were trying to get us were young, pre-teen age, and I threw a shot-put at one's chest and it knocked them down. I woke up trying to figure out how to throw the other ball without dropping the pool cue.

It was about 4am when I woke up. I wrote down a few words to remind myself what happened and went back to sleep.

The next dream I had put me in a old Victorian type house with dim gray lighting and there was another guy there. I don't remember what we were talking about, the house maybe? But we were generally at odds with each other. Some time passes, I don't remember whether anything happens in that gap but a lady arrives walking into the house and talking haughtily about taking over the house, or maybe a person, or the town... taking over something. We talk outside and it's a cloudy day and I can see a hill goes down to a small city. A giant ant comes along and some third person can't move unless he moves toward the ant so the guy who was in the house with me (who is now shirtless for some reason) and I grab our broadswords... I immediately don't see how this is going to work because the ant is about 30 feet high and 60-70 feet long.

Anyway, we start threatening the ant while keeping ourselves between the immobile man and it. Even though he moves toward the ant we manage to make the ant back up keeping the distance. And so we dance like that for a while until the lady gets impatient and blows up a bus that's coming up the hill. This distressed me because the bus would block traffic. We have some dialog with the lady that I don't remember then Summer Glau comes along as a the lady's Shadow Queen or something; she's speaking in Japanese and the lady disappears and I wake up.

• Thank you received: 1822

Jax replied the topic: Re: Nitsud A.S. (After Sheep)

Hmm...interesting for sure

Dustin replied the topic: Nitsud A.S. (After Sheep)

I actually had a dream! They're so rare, or it's so rare that I recall having one, that I figure I may as well write it down. I was in a car with my mother, we saw some people practicing sword fighting in the park and I told her how I wish that kind of thing was more common/connected when I was younger. I perceived her worrying about my safety. We stop as at another place where people were practicing with weighted latex swords. There was also a store with parts and stuff for making your own sword, kind of like the lobby area for a roller or ice skating rink. I also joked with one of the participants about using screws on an older blade..

Dustin replied the topic: Nitsud A.S. (After Sheep)

I'm not sure if it's all the super hero shows, the splurge of food I ate yesterday, a compilation of people on my FB feed who are having a hard time finding/establishing themselves in many different ways, or something else... But I had a dream last night where I felt empathetic for a character in the dream without knowing what to do so all I really could do is be aware of their plight even while I moved through my own life which, in the dream, felt to be progressing to the point of an exponential success. I got a sense that this person in the dream was trying to mimic or surpass me and couldn't comprehend how their narrow focused idolization of my output only compounded the issues with their choices which proceed to a point of near frantic desperation where they got caught doing something criminal.

This situation was a source of conflict and helplessness to me. My successes were their the motives yet those successes were incidental and irrelevant to me. My apparent arrogance was, in real time execution, me choosing to trust my ability to judge the nature of the various situations I went through. Yet regardless of how much it was they who perverted what I said, did, felt, etc I can't help but feel responsible because, like a bug zapper, my life was like a beacon that contributed to their downfall. I could intimately see all of their errors for what they were yet I couldn't think of a way to help them without making matters worse

The emotional aspect of this dream is really the most vivid part I recall since the feelings are the accumulative sum of the dream where what specific events I can recall are nonsensical. I remember near the end of the dream I was on the ground watching this person lapel down a glass office building, presumably where we worked, to drill holes in the glass and replace something I did on the other side of the glass. I don't remember if they were trying to make me look bad or make themselves look good... I probably didn't know or care either way. The only thing I felt in that moment was the sort of helpless and sad empathy one gets when while watching someone screw up their life. When the person was done and on the ground they were arrested for defacing property and the law enforcement person put a weird white polygonish helmet on their head; like what a horses head would look like if, instead of being rounded, it had all flat sides and basic angles.

Weird.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds