Streen's Dream Log

• Thank you received: 46

Streen created the topic: Streen's Dream Log

I don't ordinarily do this sort of thing, but since I had a dream about the Jedi, I felt I should share it.

The dream was essentially about the end of the world.  Some major disaster was about to happen, but just before it did, an alien craft landed nearby wherever we were.  It was black, but had strange glowing designs all over it, like hieroglyphs, that glowed blue and green.  We were being rescued, but only some of us were allowed to come.  Only those who had accomplished certain things or had a certain understanding were invited, and the Jedi were among them, including my friend Magdelene.  I seem to remember that we were being taken to another planet where we'd be safe.

The strange thing is that I had a dream about a week ago that was quite the opposite.  In that dream, I was experiencing the Rapture as described by Christians, who believe that one day those who have been saved will be taken up into the sky to meet Christ while the tribulation period begins (in other words, disaster).  However, I was the one left behind this time, while my family (who happen to be Christians) was taken.  Yet again, there was a requirement, though.  Only those who performed a certain set of rituals properly were being taken.  The strange part was that it all seemed to be a trick, that people were simply hiding, not being whisked away.

I guess while I'm at it, I'll bring up a couple other dreams I had that involved the Jedi.

Probably 10 years ago, I had a dream that the Jedi were holding a meeting at my house.  Back then the Jedi community was quite a bit smaller, so there weren't many people there, maybe 7 or 8.  Everyone was seated at our dining room table, Jedi robes and all, except for one person, Relan (the founder of the Jedi Organization and one of my best friends).  He was standing with me, holding and petting my cat.

Around that same time, perhaps before, perhaps after, I had a dream that I was in some sort of auditorium, seated with several Jedi.  It reminded me of a boxing or wrestling ring, because the stage was at the center of the auditorium and people were seated all around it.  I remember feeling anxious about something, but it's been too long for me to recall why.  Then, there was a bright light, like a miniature sun that appeared above the stage.  That was about it.  I remember telling Relan about this, and he told me that he had been having dreams about the moon.  He found the sun/moon correlation interesting.

Years later I had a dream that may or may not have had anything to do with the Jedi.  I found myself on another planet, very ordinary, hilly and grassy, except for the stone domes that were lined up along a path.  Each dome was the size of an average house, and there were several of them.  I had the vague notion that I had arrived ahead of schedule, that my family would be coming soon too.  Looking up into the sky, I saw the moon, except that it was the other side, the "dark" side of the moon, but there was nothing dark about it.  I entered one of the domes, and it was sparse.  One or two Jedi may have been there, but inside was just a few chairs and tables, and a TV.  That's all I remember.

"When you’re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you’re enlightened, every word is wisdom."
— Zhiqu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: Re: Streen's Dream Log

Have you been questioning what the 'right' path is lately?  Perhaps where the place is for religion vs Jedi type beliefs?

Streen replied the topic: Re: Streen's Dream Log

Absolutely.  I've been having issues addressing my own dark side, my involvement with the Sith, etc.  Even so, I settled those thoughts days ago, so I don't know if the dream has anything to do with that.  Could be.  Anyway, I haven't put any thought recently into Jedi realism versus religion.  Maybe I should, maybe that's the point. 

It could be more of a subconscious issue though, seeing as how my parents are staunch Christians and I am not.  I think that religion has some valid beliefs, but unlike them, I don't think they're the "one and only true way" to finding God. 

I suppose it's obvious then that the Rapture dream is sort of my fear, while the alien dream is my hope.  I do have to wonder about Christianity, and their beliefs in getting into heaven and all that.  There's always that tiny little voice in my head that asks, "What they're right and you're wrong?"  My usual answer to that is, no one has it 100% right.  It just doesn't make sense to me that Christ is the only way, and everyone else is wrong.  It's one thing to say your beliefs are right, but to claim that it's the only one that is, is something else entirely.

"When you’re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you’re enlightened, every word is wisdom."
— Zhiqu

I suppose it wouldn't help if I simply told you they are wrong.  Everything I know, all the discussions I've had with higher beings, all that resonates as truth to me is that everyone goes to 'heaven'.  There's only one place to go - Home.  Now, there are people who will experience other things at first because they believe so strongly that they need to be punished that they create their own little hell where they stay until either they decide time is up or another being comes to retrieve them and bring them Home.  So in that sense, they are right.  Some people get stuck in a limbo place because they expect a certain thing to happen after death and it doesn't happen so they wait around until someone comes to get them. 

I had to overcome my nagging fear of being wrong about the whole hell thing through an astral experience where I created a form to represent it all and then beat the crap out of it using my preferred weapon.  Then it was sent into a violet light.  I don't feel the same fear anymore. 

I'd say your dreams are simply reflecting some of these issues in you.  In the end there's nothing to worry about, the process of life and our evolution continues even if the earth doesn't.  Humans are so short sighted sometimes. :-)  Sounds like an interesting dream. 

I suppose it wouldn't help if I simply told you they are wrong.  Everything I know, all the discussions I've had with higher beings, all that resonates as truth to me is that everyone goes to 'heaven'.  There's only one place to go - Home.  Now, there are people who will experience other things at first because they believe so strongly that they need to be punished that they create their own little hell where they stay until either they decide time is up or another being comes to retrieve them and bring them Home.  So in that sense, they are right.  Some people get stuck in a limbo place because they expect a certain thing to happen after death and it doesn't happen so they wait around until someone comes to get them

Seems we have something in common then :)  Your beliefs are the same as mine.  I've believed for a long time that everyone goes to Heaven, and that everything else is just a creation of our minds.  I guess I just haven't gotten to the point you have where I'm over my fear of being wrong.

— Zhiqu

It took that exercise that I did.  You may want to try it because your dreams have already given you the answer.  The Christian belief was an illusion.  Your other dream is always possible.  But I think it's meant simply to show you that there are multiple ways to continued progression, to being 'saved' to used the Christian terminology.  I tried using logic, knowing I believed what I believed and just willing the old fear away, nothing worked until I did that visualization.  Sometimes it takes something more strong. ;-)

• Thank you received: 35

inari replied the topic: Re: Streen's Dream Log

I find it interesting that the Christian 'rapture' was actually them hiding and essentially faked, but the Jedi 'rapture' really did involve being taken away. This would suggest to me that your subconscious has decided, that the Christian view is false and the Jedi one true, at least for you.

I had an interesting dream last night about the Jedi.  What was kind of cool about it was that I saw my old teacher Mitth again.  He and I, along with all the Jedi I knew, were for some reason looking for a place to hold meetings.  Some kind of secret location where we'd be safe, as it seemed we were being chased and attacked by someone or some group of people.  We found a variety of places, but in the end I had some kind of revelation of what would be the perfect spot.  It was some kind of underwater cave, where you had to swim down, around, and then back up into an area that had air.  I remember thinking how strange a place it was, how dark and depressing it felt, but we agreed to meet there.

It actually didn't occur to me until later this morning where some of these ideas might have come from.  Last week I saw a show about sites that were underwater near the coasts of certain countries in Asia, where it looked like the stone was cut away by people, either as a source of rock for building a temple, or the site of a temple itself.  It wasn't the first time I had heard of that sort of thing, but this show showed a map of the entire area and it was just immense.  They had video of divers swimming around near it, and I couldn't believe how huge each area of cut-away stone was.  If you looked at it like a step, just one was about the height of a 2 or 3 story building.

It strikes me as seeming important that we're only now discovering these places.  I have a feeling this is only the beginning of what we're about to find down there.

— Zhiqu

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds