Rambling Dreams of Icarus

• Thank you received: 1828

Jax replied the topic: Re: Rambling Dreams of Icarus

Well why wouldn't you have? Nothing is absurd once out of your body.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Icarus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1813

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Rambling Dreams of Icarus

This is a technique I read about while researching creative visualization/imagery. It is something I've even suggested to one or two people at one time or another in the last couple of years.

Specifically, to go back to a situation (traumatic or not) and experience it again but as you are now -- with what you know now, rather then as you might have felt it and interpreted it (or mis-interpreted it) at the time. It does not necessarily 'make it not happen' but can sometimes help the healing process for old wounds.

In your case, it just may be as Jax states... that this was not only a kind of OOBE experience but one 'in time'. Not so crazy and not a bad thing.

• Thank you received: 11

Icarus replied the topic: Re: Rambling Dreams of Icarus

Actually Kol, i really believe that was a shemskara (dunno how to spell it) for me, and we really did go back and set things right. :) was that the technique you read about?

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1813

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Rambling Dreams of Icarus

Not heard of that word before so I had to look it up and Google'ed about it. Best definition I found was:

From somewhere in wiki land...

Saṅsāra or Saṃsāra (Sanskrit: संसार), (in Tibetan called "khorwa"), literally meaning "continuous flow", is the cycle of birth, life, death, rebirth or reincarnation within Hinduism, Buddhism, Bön, Jainism, Sikhism, and other Indian religions. In modern parlance, samsara refers to a place, set of objects and possessions, but originally, the word referred to a process of continuous pursuit or flow of life.

Guess that kind of makes sense... having an experience working with the flow of consciousness / life flow.

My exposure to the concept of revisiting early life 'events' came from some books on healing and healing using creative visualization. Still, the concept and techniques may very well have been 'inspired by' the concept of samsara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Icarus

• Thank you received: 11

Icarus replied the topic: Re: Rambling Dreams of Icarus

Ok. I dreamt that we all moved into this old historic victorian style mansion that was totally dilapidated. The outside was gorgeous though, and the reason we were living there was because we inherited the house. Ok, so anyway, i went outside, and I tripped over some stones and knocked over a shrine of Egyptian deities. I freaked out, as Hathor is my patron Goddess. There were mainly statues of Anubis, Set, and Isis and Ma'at. Our little dogs, Princess and Ivy, came running up to me just as a snake jumped up from the shrine. It was green and had an orange stripe, but it also had cobra flaps. It bit both of my dogs, and they started convulsing. I called 911 and the medic kept telling me with poison like that there's nothing that can be done. Well, all the while, the snake is just hanging out, sliding around, and im trying to kill it with garden tools. I was yelling at a policeman to shoot it, and at Drake to cut it, and for Danny to chop it in half with the shovel he had. No one would help me, so I ended up chasing that snake, trying to kill it, until I woke up. Ideas?

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds