Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Johannes (Yoshio)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Thank you received: 1423

Johannes (Yoshio) created the topic: Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

Since a couple of weeks I do have the problem that every time when I come to the forum nothing is marked/highlighted as "new". Normally everything which had been "new" in the meaning of that I haven't had it read yet was "highlighted" but this seems to doesn't happen any longer. Now everything, every entry looks like as if I would have already read it.

I'm wondering if other users do have the same issue?

It makes going through the forum a bit inconvenient for me as I need to somehow check every entry date and compare it with my memory of when I had been on the forum last.
Any help how I can get back the highlighting of new forum entries would be much appreciated! :meditate
I'm using Firefox 40.0.2.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1833

Jax replied the topic: Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

When we upgrade this might not be a problem. did you clear your cookies?

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1824

Kol Drake replied the topic: Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

I'm using Google Chrome and I still see the tiny stars next to entries I have not read yet.

Is this still a problem Yoshio?

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

Sorry for the late reply but it seems that after deleting all my cookies it is working now again properly. Thank You, Jax, for the hint with the cookies.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
NerdFitness Profile

Glad it worked!

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Unfortunately things are still a bit strange for me!
Yesterday nothing was marked as "new" although there had been a handful of new entries to threads.
Today, first I thought it is the same situation as yesterday as for example Jax's latest replies haven't been marked as "new" but when I looked closer I could see that Anirac's latest posts are marked as new. Which is a bit "funny" in the way that Jax replied to several threads about 15 hours ago and Anirac did so just around 30 min. ago given the stamping time when I had been on the board.
This now rises the question for me if things are only get marked as "new" when I'm on the board!? This could explain for me why Anirac's posts are marked but Jax's are not.

Anyway, my interim solution is to check all main sections for their stamp time and compare it with my last visit. It is not very handy but at least in this way I can make sure to not miss something. But again, should someone notice similar issues, I would be happy to hear about them or even better if someone has a solution, besides deleting all my cookies every time after using IJRS, I would be happy to hear it.

NerdFitness Profile

• Connor
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Look for the bare necessities
  • Thank you received: 529

Connor replied the topic: Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

Will you give us a screen shot of your "recent" page? I... think I MAY know the problem. But, I need to see it first.

House Rules: The only rules are Paradox, Humor, and Change.

• Johannes (Yoshio)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Sorry Connor, I just read your post today and I'm not sure what You are looking for but I have attached two screenshots which do show the "problem". Both are taken at the same time and as You can see, the new entries under "Help Desk" (15 hours ago) and Announcements (5 hours ago) are not marked as "new" but again Aniracs entry down in the Training Area (19 min. ago) is marked as "new".

As for my "settings", should they be helpful in a way, I do use the option "remember me" and for Firefox in general I do use the options "accept cookies", "only from visited third party websites", "keep them till they are not any longer valid" and "delete chronic when closing Firefox".
And even logging out and in again doesn't make any difference.

NerdFitness Profile
Attachments:

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1824

Kol Drake replied the topic: Marked/Highlighted "NEW" issue

I just pulled up the site using Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and showed 'stars' in all three. This is weird.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds