Background information

• Jax
  • Jax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal
  • Thank you received: 1890

Jax created the topic: Background information

Perhaps we could get to know each other in this context. 

1.  Have you already read Peaceful Warrior?  If so, when did you first read it, and what affect did it have on you?
2.  Have you seen the movie?
3.  Have you read any of the books that follow? 

And of course any other initial thoughts you have. 
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 1474

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: Background information

Ad 1) I haven’t jet read the book but I have already ordered it and when I get it I will start to read through it.

Ad 2) No, I haven’t seen the movie. I even didn’t know that there is one. Maybe I can find it somewhere and have a look at it. But I think – as with nearly all movies – it would be better to read first the book and than watch the movie, isn’t it?

Ad 3) Also here a no. I’ll give the first book a try and if I like it maybe I will then read some more.

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
  • Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Background information

Honestly I don't know if it matters to read the book first.  Doesn't hurt though.  I'll probably post a few more quotes from the first intro section of the book.  You can actually respond now if you'd like, and see what you think after you read the rest of the chapter to see if you change your perspective as well.  :-)
  • Thank you received: 1474

Johannes (Yoshio) replied the topic: Re: Background information

Hey Jax, thank you for the offer. I think this could be a good way to do the work. Anyway I’m interested in reading this book and to work on it in parallel is, in my opinion, a good way to get a clearer view of the thing which is written there. Also I will read the book in German as it is my mother tongue and this might help me to get a better grip of the lectures in here.
So, for the first lecture I’m afraid but I think I will only by able to response to it by the upcoming weekend. I hope that is fine for you?

Qui-Gon Jinn: "We cannot control our emotions, but we can decide how we go along with them."
Bujinkan Busshin Dojo - Wordpressblog
NerdFitness Profile
  • Jax
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Academy Principal

Jax replied the topic: Re: Background information

This is a low key group.  Post when you have things to post.  :-)  And I bet getting it in German will help you as well. 
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds