Way of the Peaceful Warrior

• Thank you received: 0

Chilibo created the topic: Way of the Peaceful Warrior

*S* Yes I finally got it and am loving it. My Mom had the 2nd book the Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior, and I had to start with the first. So I bought it for her but she doesn't know it yet. LoL

Anyway so far I like this quote, it's the one I try and live by:
"Nothing wrong with anger or any other emotion. Just pay attention to how you behave."

"A mirror has always been the best tool to judge myself. Not to mention I am my own worst enemy."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Way of the Peaceful Warrior

Glad your enjoying the books ;D hopefully I can have some discussion this summer, and I will love your input.

As for that quote, it mirrors my interpretation of the first line of the Jedi Code, "there are no emotions, only peace"

basically we are human...we have emotions because its natural, yet its how we react to these emotions and the power we give them over us which makes the difference

• Thank you received: 0

Chilibo replied the topic: Re: Way of the Peaceful Warrior

*NODS in total agreement*

"A mirror has always been the best tool to judge myself. Not to mention I am my own worst enemy."

• Thank you received: 8

Ying replied the topic: Re: Way of the Peaceful Warrior

I just read this book... its really awesome!  ;D

It teaches about some very important life lessons, like controlling your behaviour and not allowing your emotions to control you.  Also about how we are all sleeping until we awaken to that 'illusion' of reality. There is plenty more, but I would have to go back through the book to get them all.

Live, Laugh and love in this moment. That is the Way :)
~ See the Reality

Is it life that forsakes you, or you that forsakes life. Live for the sake of life, and you will realise there is no difference.

• David (Phoenix)
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Way of the Peaceful Warrior

Yea, there is definitely a lot of material in those books, that's why we attempted this study group a few years ago.  I think there is probably some good material still floating around here though; and you are more than welcome to 'refresh' any of these threads and I'm sure at least a few of us would contribute =]

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds