Discussion 2

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) created the topic: Discussion 2

ok, so I know this isn't discussion 2, but it is in the scheme of things, so just go with it ;)

Ok, in the first chapter, Dan recieves a crash course with his unforgettable mentor, Socrates.  Their whole interaction can be light-hearted, but very serious simultaneously. 

My discussion is to have you actually read the first chapter..if you can, and then relate your experience with the interaction.  Then I want you to tell me if you have a "spiritual guide" like Soc, and if you don't what would you look for in a spiritual guide.  Are you willing to let go of your past and attachments and follow this guide?

:yoda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1923

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: Discussion 2

Ok, in the first chapter, Dan recieves a crash course with his unforgettable mentor, Socrates.  Their whole interaction can be light-hearted, but very serious simultaneously. 

My discussion is to have you actually read the first chapter..if you can, and then relate your experience with the interaction.  Then I want you to tell me if you have a "spiritual guide" like Soc, and if you don't what would you look for in a spiritual guide.  Are you willing to let go of your past and attachments and follow this guide?

Read it... a couple of times.

I read this the first time in the mid-late 80's.  I had read what I could take of Carlos Castaneda and other 'New Age' teachings of the time.  Seen the Star Wars movies.

Shock therapy wasn't a surprise when reading the chapter... I had Yoda's encounter with Luke in the swamps of Dagobah.

Don Juan playing mind games with the author in Castaneda's books.

Heck, even Merlin's transformations of Wart (Arthur) into various animals (ant, fish, bird, badger) in "Once and Future King"... just to open his eyes.   

Anyway, it is sort of expected by me now... the need to push someone past their boundaries so they are willing to open to greater realities / truths.

..... suppose I should be doing all this in my journal....
..... to be continued...    :P

• David (Phoenix)
  • David (Phoenix)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Shadows
  • Thank you received: 455

David (Phoenix) replied the topic: Re: Discussion 2

Lol its ok if you type it here, or in your journal.

I was really just giving you the extra tools to work with, some writing space.

Thats good that you would help others push through their barriers.  And  I can understand how different categories can relate to the quote.  It just shows how many times this type of universal message has been delivered...good thing we all listen.

Funny you mentioned Lincoln.  My dad bought me a book called Lincoln on Leadership.  It's a really detailed mini-biography of how he approached the Civil War and his times before/during presidency.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds