What does it feel like?

• Archmaras Tyden
  • Archmaras Tyden 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25

Archmaras Tyden created the topic: What does it feel like?

When you are first exiting your body, what does it feel like? Is it similar to laughing gas where you just feel yourself slipping away?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1762

Kol Drake replied the topic: What does it feel like?

Realistically, each individual experiences it differently.
I've heard one person say, "all I did was lay down and then rolled over... right out of my body". Another said, "it felt like I was pulling against cotton candy".

One of the most common sensations reported by those attempting to astral project are vibrations. Some call it a feeling of 'electricity', tingling or vibration which occur when the chakras, meridians and energy points reach a synchronised resonation. In plain terms, the vibrations “loosen the glue” holding together the astral body to the physical one, allowing it to detach. A conscious astral projection can occur particularly when the vibrations wake a person in the night and they are physically relaxed but mentally aware and lucid.

The sensation of vibrating can vary in intensity for different individuals and can range from subtle ‘tingling’ to the sensation of the whole body vibrating intensely. Other common take-off and landing sensations during an Out of Body Experience can include auditory and olfactory hyper acuity, numbness, intracranial sounds, such as high-pitched buzzing, or loud noises of many types, and rocking and ballooning, where a person feels that they are expanding much like a balloon.

So... expect 'nothing'... be open to 'everything'.

• Archmaras Tyden

Archmaras Tyden replied the topic: What does it feel like?

Thank you. I ask mainly because when I was at the dentist the other day they tried to give me laughing gas and As I felt myself slip away I fought against it instinctively and violently and I was wondering if this could have anything to do with why I can't.

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1762

Kol Drake replied the topic: What does it feel like?

The first universal law for astral projection is relaxation.
Not just relaxation, as in what is accomplished through an hour of meditation, but complete and total relaxation. According to monitored readings of the body during both sleep and astral projection, the body is more relaxed during an OBE than sleep!

People who have had nitrous oxide (laughing gas) at the dentist report spontaneous out of body experiences.
Why does this work? Because nitrous oxide produces a partial loss of the awarenes of your surroundings and causes deep relaxation.

Question: Why did you fight against being totally relaxed for your dental work?

• Archmaras Tyden

Archmaras Tyden replied the topic: What does it feel like?

It felt like I was falling off of my body and the more I lost touch with my body the less aware I was. I've always had control issues I need to work on but letting go of my own body is asking a lot. It felt like I always imagined death would and I panicked.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds