BrainWave Generator

• Stryse
  • Stryse's Avatar Topic Author
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.
  • Thank you received: 82

Stryse created the topic: BrainWave Generator

Greetings fellow Jedi!

So for those of you lacking the physical book, with its CD Companion... I have something in the works for you.    The text references optional use of the BrainWave Generator in your daily training.    I've managed to get all the presets they included on the CD outputted into WAV format.  From there I've converted them over to MP3 for easier playback on whatever device you might want to use.      (As the software goes...  its kinda geared as though you are going to do this all sitting in front of a computer.  In my case, the computer is not in my temple, and so I need to use the sound system in there if I want any auditory stimulus.... so I figure since I'm doing this for me anyway, why not share with all of you.)

Now I need to get them all online, so we can link to it.  Then... if it was something you were wanting to incorporate into your daily routine with this study, you'll have access to them.

Anyway, i'm FTPing them up now (files are kinda big), and from there can finish building a page so you can get at them.

Here is a URL to the page they'll be on.  Check it in the coming days, if you're interested, to start downloading.

http://www.nexusomnimedia.com/sacredflame/jasf/resources/brainwave/map.htm

Stryse
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1747

Jax replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

Did you research how to do this in a manner that preserves the signals as best as possible? 

• Stryse
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Stryse replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

As best I can.  Not much out there on brain-wave manipulation audio advice.   

It has its own output capability (if you have an unlocked version of the software), but only outputs to WAVs.  Those will be the best quality (it outputs to 1411 kbps), and thus the ones I would recommend using.    (Assuming I can get the WAVs uploaded successfully, and assuming your playback device of choice supports it.)

The MP3s I'm putting up are encoded at 128 kbps and 320 kbps.  I personally can't tell any difference, but maybe someone with sharper ears can compare the WAVs to the MP3s?  Originally I was only going to do the 320.. but given the size of the file, I figured I'd better offer a lower-bitrate version as well. 

As I am aiming to preserve quality, file sizes are rather big regardless.  (I do not recommend dial-up to grab these.)

Stryse
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You won't be able to hear the differences, but your brain will.  The lower the sample interval, the less accurately it will reproduce the sound waves.  And my minimal understanding is that the specific frequencies are stimulating things in the brain so you need to match the frequencies as close as possible.  Best would be analog such as tuning forks. Since everything is digital then you want a medium that's as lossless as possible. But there's a debate as to how high the quality has to be to remain effective.  I bring it up just to recommend that the highest quality is used whenever possible.  I don't know how the lower bitrate will affect the process, but I also haven't tried the generator more than a few times. 

• Stryse
  • Faculty
  • Faculty

Stryse replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

The "Use at your own risk" warning becomes deeper.  :)  But your understanding is spot on.  The presets produce sounds at specific frequencies aimed at getting your brain waves to the same frequency. 

I've now listened for an appreciable period of time to all three versions of the Week 01 -  20 minute relaxation.  I still can't hear a difference, and my head feels the same after listening to all of them, so I'm still left with uncertainty as to if there is a difference.  Being as it doesn't seem to make me feel any more or less relaxed, I can't really be sure its working at all anyway.

320 kbps is the highest I can get an MP3 encoded at.  If someone has the capacity to encode closer to where the WAVs are outputting at, I'd be more than happy to host the files if we can get them converted.  (Space and bandwidth are non-issues for me.)  Actually, I have a meetup with my friend-who-runs-a-recording-studio.. who just might have better capabilities... I'll ask him what he can get a MP3 outputted at and go from there.

At anyrate...  as a more general update for anyone wanting these files....

Let's just say its been a bigger pain in my arse getting these things out onto the interweb than I had anticipated.    File sizes are big (half of them are 120 minute long tracks).  So I'm having to do them a few at a time to keep things from timing out on me.    Given my day job and other priorities, I'm sneaking them in as I have time to manually do it.

All the 128 kbps MP3's are now available.  The 320s are being loaded up next, with the WAVs to follow (those are teh biggest files and take several hours a piece to upload).

I must reiterate, as much as it pains me to not have a solution for you, that people on dial-up connections are going to be out of luck.    (I suppose I could be persuaded to burn them all to a DVD-R or something, and mail it off to you if you really really wanted them and can't download them.)

I'm going to try and update the page at least once a day with any new files I've gotten uploaded, so your best guage as to my progress will be the links themselves.

Stryse

Thank you for doing this Stryse. I wouldn't stress on the wav files. There's also a limit to where the higher sampling doesn't make an appreciable difference.  It's been a few years since I read about this on various message boards so I don't recall what was necessary at minimum.  In any case, since Yoshio is the only other person actively working on this there's no rush.  :-)

• Thank you received: 6

Peter replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

Gdda Strysee

the link to mp3s dosnt work
www.nexusomnimedia.com/sacredflame/jasf/resources/brainwave/map.htm

are they on youutubee? whatt should i search for please mate?

Thanks
Peter

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

While you may be creating a 'sounds the same' audio track, you may be missing the most important aspect of it. Here is a little history on Binaural Beats >>

Binaural beats were originally discovered in 1839 by physicist Heinrich Wilhelm Dove. He discovered -- when signals of two different frequencies are presented separately, one to each ear, your brain detects the phase variation between the frequencies and tries to reconcile that difference. As the two frequencies mesh in and out of phase, your brain creates its own third signal — called a binaural beat — which is equal to the difference between those two frequencies.

For example: if a frequency of 100 Hz is presented to your left ear, and a frequency of 105 Hz is presented to your right ear, your brain “hears” a third frequency pulsing at 5 Hz, the exact difference between the two frequencies.

Research has proven that introducing a binaural beat will cause the brain to begin resonating in tune with that beat. By creating a binaural beat at 10 Hz — an Alpha frequency — you can trigger your brain to resonate at that same 10 Hz frequency, automatically inducing brain activity in the Alpha range. This same technique can be used to quickly and easily guide your mind into any state.

Tons of research into this in the 70s and 80s has shown it to work well in getting the brain to 'follow the beat'... be it Alpha state or many others. I am certain there is a 'astral projection state' the CD was shooting for... you would have to get some software that breaks all the left/right frequencies down to see what the 'mind beat' would be. Then you could adjust it to the best MP3 response frequencies...

meaning: if the astral projection beat was 35 Hz (totally picked that out of the air... I have no clue at the moment) --- but say '35 Hz'. To best suit the MP3 environment AND typical headphone ranges ( 20 - 20,000 Hz give or take some at the high and low end ), you might have to create a left frequency of 100 Hz and a right frequency of 135 Hz... to get the desired 35 Hz 'head mix'.

I am certain there are frequencies where it is 'more pleasurable' to listen to rather than creating a disharmony. Guess it depends on personal choice as much as what MP3 software tends to clip on frequencies.

All that said, perhaps you already took all that into consideration and I'm just babbling. :P

• Kol Drake
  • Faculty
  • Faculty
  • koldrake55@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 1746

Kol Drake replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

Just a tad more FYI --

Generally, brainwaves are measured in six different frequencies.

Gamma (38 to 90 Hz) and Beta (12 to 38 Hz) frequencies are represented whenever individuals are fully alert, wide awake, and in a highly functional, problem solving state.

When a person is slightly relaxed and brainwaves are slower, the Alpha (8 to 12 Hz) frequency is represented.

Theta (4 to 8 Hz) frequency occurs during meditation or extreme relaxation and is the first level that can support OBEs.

Delta (0.5 to 4 Hz) indicates low brain activity or deep sleep. This range is open for astral occurrence, also.

The sixth frequency is Lambda/Epsilon (0.5 Hz or less/100 Hz or higher). This is the optimal state of mystical consciousness and multidimensional astral travel.

Since some 'conversion audio software' clips the high and low frequencies (to aid in digital compression, etc.) AND some cheapo headphones don't do well at the extreme 'low end' of 20Hz or lower... it is best if you can 'force' the binaurls to generate from the cross mix of 'higher frequencies' (100 and above -- preferably doing a sequence of low, mid-range, and higher frequencies to make the 'mind mix'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Thank you received: 6

Peter replied the topic: Re: BrainWave Generator

Gday Kol

coool mate thats good to know
Kol do you know howto see Auras? how do i do it, someone here must know

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds